PDA

View Full Version : di7210/5510 finisher jams

Custom Search

datapresstecnica
12-19-2008, 08:25 PM
I've been working on several Di5510/7210 machines and I have in several of these lots of trouble with paper jams in the finisher, mostly when the paper is going out of the machine and into the finisher. Is there any known issue with these kind of jams?

minimerlin
12-19-2008, 08:58 PM
What are the jam codes..there are numerous areas that jams can occur including the exit area of the machine itself so the codes are needed to identify the area.

fixthecopier
12-19-2008, 09:15 PM
your problem could come from one of many different things. Depending on which function you are accessing, the paper uses one of two gates at the exit end to leave the machine. The fuser has a gate that shifts to send the paper out. Taking the finisher off will cause the paper to exit straight out of the fuser. Does it jam often enough for you to see a difference right after making a change? You could try swapping fusers with one from a good working machine. I have had one where the toner leaking from the drum carriage would be carried to the rollers in the finisher, making them slick and causing jams. If the de-curl roller { black soft spongy one } in the fuser is worn , it will cause the end of the paper to curl and cause jams. I also had one where the spring that holds down the 11b gate had the end broke off causing the end of spring to rest on the shaft behind it, which was the gate that has to shift to send the paper out. If I took the finisher off, it would not jam because it did not movew that gate. This led me to think the problem was in the finisher, which was confusing. I hope some of this helps, Good Luck!

RockETop
12-20-2008, 02:44 AM
There is an issue where the wiring harness to the main tray exit sensor will fatigue and break a wire. I was able to get a idle jam while moving the wires around. J72-29 when printing and J72-(can't remember).

kiwitechnician
12-30-2008, 11:56 PM
I've been working on several Di5510/7210 machines and I have in several of these lots of trouble with paper jams in the finisher, mostly when the paper is going out of the machine and into the finisher. Is there any known issue with these kind of jams?

I had a few problems with finishers and jamming on this machine. It always hae been with moving parts, there were cold contacts on wire harness, go and check it.
Best way is activate ,,47,, and move with responsible harness

mitchl
01-06-2009, 05:53 PM
There are 2 one way bearings on the front of the fuser that will cause jamming all day long in the finisher. Just pull them and clean or replace and you will probably have solved the problem, I do believe there is a bulletin covering this also. Try yanking the one way from the paper exit drive gear and clean and/or replace as this will also cause what you are experiencing. Not sure what kind of meter the machine has but if the bearings don't fix it start looking at the sensors as they can get worn in high volume situations.

ccyaz
01-06-2009, 08:36 PM
One of the one-way bearings mitchl referenced drives a foam roller, that roller get soft and dried out and will cause jamming problems. I believe this is the part number for it is 4024-2713-01

mitchl
01-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I was sort of hoping that he would give us an indication of copy count on the pig which can be a great help as to what parts may need to be freshened up....... God I hate this series of machines, with a passion!:rolleyes:

copyplus
03-31-2011, 11:10 PM
I have the same problem on my 5510. This machine has been refurbished and shows around 85000 copies. I have a very strange problem. If I make copies from hard copies it works fine but when I try to print from my computer, the machine prints and stops the paper at the exit assembly (it exits about 2" out of the machine and then stops) and give me paper jam. I disconnected the sorter to see if this unit was causing paper jam, but the sorter is fine. Also, if I try to make double sided copies, it makes copy of one side and exists the paper and stops just like it stops when I try to print from my computer and gives me paper jam. Any help will be appreciated? thanks

minimerlin
04-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I think you have a problem with your turnover area of the ADU. If you make copies from the platten glass do the copies exit face up or down?
When you print from a PC, they are always face down therefore have to be turned over. In your case it sounds like that is not happening...hence the jam!! Check the turnover guide is working!

copyplus
04-01-2011, 11:49 PM
The copies were face down in the sorter no matter how they were printed. Now without sorter the copies are face up and in reverse order (PC print or ADF feeder or glass). The ADF or glass one sided copies are printed ok but in case of 2 sided or PC the print comes out of machine upside and jams at exit. Does the copies without sorter should come out of machine face down? Would you please point out where I can find the turnover guide? thanks for your help.

copyplus
04-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Minimerlin
I am not a technician but I have found this forum very useful and saved hundreds of dollars in the past posting my problems and getting their answers. I am previously a TV service technician so I know little bit about these machines. I am about 75 km away from a main city where the technicians are found and they charge even for the travel time. So, I try to work on these machines as much as I can. With your help I will be able to fix my problem. Hope you won't mind giving me the guideline to fix my machine. thanks

minimerlin
04-12-2011, 09:16 PM
It would help if you gave the Jam Code that is displayed! The turnover guide is the finisher side of the fuser exit, have you checked out the items mentioned way back towards the beginning of this thread? The one way gear clutches can cause problems as can the guide, its job is to direct the copy paper down into the adu to turn it over. You say " jams at exit" is that a stop or a crumpled paper block? Look in the area it jams.

copyplus
04-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Thank you very much for your help. As per your instructions and reading all the threads on this matter, I was able to fix the problem. It was the reverse guide. The spring from b11 unit was holding this guide to move freely. Thanks once again.

minimerlin
04-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Glad to be of help, also thanks for reporting a fixed machine, sometimes we never get to know if the job was successful.

Custom Search