PDA

View Full Version : Can i set "local" users to print/copy in C458 with AD autentication

Custom Search

danifuenca
12-23-2021, 04:47 PM
Hi, my client want set user account in mfp to print/copy for temporary user which has personal laptop to work without join it to domain server. Is posible set mixed config to mfp?

When i tried set user account in mfp the "edit" button is greied.

Bizhub c458 with G00-X4 firmware and 4.2 function version set. External server is Windows server 2012 and Single Sing-on configured to users in active directory

Thanks

J_Arnold
12-23-2021, 06:15 PM
Hi, my client want set user account in mfp to print/copy for temporary user which has personal laptop to work without join it to domain server. Is posible set mixed config to mfp?

When i tried set user account in mfp the "edit" button is greied.

Bizhub c458 with G00-X4 firmware and 4.2 function version set. External server is Windows server 2012 and Single Sing-on configured to users in active directory

Thanks
I am speaking about a machine I am not certified on, I would assume you could just add a local driver pointing directly to the IP address of the copier, that might work.

danifuenca
12-23-2021, 06:32 PM
I am speaking about a machine I am not certified on, I would assume you could just add a local driver pointing directly to the IP address of the copier, that might work.

But i need create users in mfp to print because autentication is set to on

J_Arnold
12-23-2021, 06:42 PM
But i need create users in mfp to print because autentication is set to on

Apologies then, I am out of my element. I would assume local printing would bypass user accounts. I know it does on Toshiba devices but again not certified so I would be speaking out of my backside on this product. I thought I could solve the issue without knowledge of the product. Try turning authentication off and see if you can add account, then turn it back on??? I won't be commenting on this anymore since I would be wasting your time.

bsm2
12-23-2021, 06:48 PM
Best to get with there IT they can setup an account for that user or setup a guest account in AD

J_Arnold
12-23-2021, 06:49 PM
Best to get with there IT they can setup an account for that user or setup a guest account Geez, I overlooked the obvious.

danifuenca
12-23-2021, 06:53 PM
Apologies then, I am out of my element. I would assume local printing would bypass user accounts. I know it does on Toshiba devices but again not certified so I would be speaking out of my backside on this product. I thought I could solve the issue without knowledge of the product. Try turning authentication off and see if you can add account, then turn it back on??? I won't be commenting on this anymore since I would be wasting your time.

No problem. any help is welcome. In KM when you turn on/off authentication any account created before is eliminated

J_Arnold
12-23-2021, 06:56 PM
No problem. any help is welcome. In KM when you turn on/off authentication any account created before is eliminated
Ouch...that is no fun.

danifuenca
12-23-2021, 06:58 PM
Best to get with there IT they can setup an account for that user or setup a guest account in AD

I thought that when you configure "MFP + External Server" in authentication method it would allow you to create users on the machine for those temporary users

rrrohan
12-25-2021, 01:25 AM
Or allow public user

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

emujo2
12-27-2021, 02:25 PM
I thought that when you configure "MFP + External Server" in authentication method it would allow you to create users on the machine for those temporary users

This is an excellent point..it would give you the ability to create non domain users (guests). This only drawback is anyone that can learn these codes can now print, and any paper trail only show that the guest user did the printing/scanning. E

Custom Search