PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to fix corrupted Fiery OS/Software

Custom Search

orestesp
12-25-2021, 04:35 PM
Hello everyone and merry Christmas!

Just thought I should share this - it's nothing new and some of you may be already doing something similar, just an easy way to restore the Fiery if its software craps out on you.

I just had to do a fresh install again, so I thought to myself, why not have an easy way out when this inevitably happens again?

So I used this cloning software to clone the entirety of the Fiery HDD to a separate HDD that I can use as a backup drive to either clone back to the original drive or use it as is, if needed:

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition (https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree)

copyman
12-25-2021, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone and merry Christmas!

Just thought I should share this - it's nothing new and some of you may be already doing something similar, just an easy way to restore the Fiery if its software craps out on you.

I just had to do a fresh install again, so I thought to myself, why not have an easy way out when this inevitably happens again?

So I used this cloning software to clone the entirety of the Fiery HDD to a separate HDD that I can use as a backup drive to either clone back to the original drive or use it as is, if needed:

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition (https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree)

Hi, Merry Christmas

Don't take it wrong but your post looks like an ad for the software.

Personally I don't see a problem just reloading the Fiery system software from the disk when necessary. In my experience going way back to the CF3102 Fiery's don't need system software reloaded that often. If system is crashing often I would look to why......

orestesp
12-25-2021, 07:16 PM
Hi, Merry Christmas

Don't take it wrong but your post looks like an ad for the software.

Personally I don't see a problem just reloading the Fiery system software from the disk when necessary. In my experience going way back to the CF3102 Fiery's don't need system software reloaded that often. If system is crashing often I would look to why......

We shut down the Fiery always through the engine and never, say for example, just unplug it. If you remote desktop in the Fiery, when this problem occurs, immediately after connecting to the server through CWS, the Fiery software will change from "Idle/Standing by" to "Exited". I personally have no idea why it does that, the Fiery has a new drive on it, the CPU thermal paste has been replaced, it just starts doing it and then it is a matter of luck if it lets you continue with your work. The underlying OS works fine (this case is Windows XP Embedded), it's just the Fiery software that is misbehaving. I am running the latest system version with all the updates installed.

The time consuming part is applying all the updates for it every time you reload the software, hence why I thought this might be useful. I also tried using a live USB version of Clonezilla, but apparently it uses a mix of GPT/MBR and Clonezilla doesn't like that. The software I used was just the one I happened to stumble upon first and the basic version is free to use.

Synthohol
12-25-2021, 11:13 PM
there is a fiery clone tool that backs up to a usb stick.
Customer Service (https://communities.efi.com/s/article/Fiery-Clone-Tool-versions-for-embedded-Fierys?language=en_US)

rolls.bo
12-28-2021, 03:52 PM
Hello everyone, I would like to give some advice on:
I use free third-party software to run the operating system image. Not all software is able to make a copy of the disk, since the disk has multiple active partitions and making a copy are not all activated.
I use "EaseUS Todo Backup Free 4.0" it's free and it works, I've been using it for years and years .......... a guarantee.
I recommend doing a new installation and then creating the image.
Updates once made to EFI cannot be deleted except by formatting everything.
The various updates must be made in a certain sequence and not by chance.
I hope I was helpful and ............... bye bye from Italy

Custom Search