PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C554e error C-C163

Custom Search

ammorex112
12-29-2021, 02:25 PM
hello! we have this used machine imported from EU and it's throwing this code permanently. i now what this error means (rom contents error/ incorrect firmware).
tried update firmware, tried Nvram reset ( a145fw), but no luck . didn't replace PRCB yet. i suspect PRCB is deffective because when trying to update firmware only mfp board and scanner appears in update firmware screen. no matter what firware i'm trying( some just to see if prcb update appears). even with the first firmware release. the machine is correctly seen as 3A (A5AY by SN). any idea to try before ordering PRCB board? after some research on web, found something like to try reinstalling firmware only for prcb? i have acces to infohub but i'm out of ideas after three days...

copier tech
12-29-2021, 04:11 PM
hello! we have this used machine imported from EU and it's throwing this code permanently. i now what this error means (rom contents error/ incorrect firmware).
tried update firmware, tried Nvram reset ( a145fw), but no luck . didn't replace PRCB yet. i suspect PRCB is deffective because when trying to update firmware only mfp board and scanner appears in update firmware screen. no matter what firware i'm trying( some just to see if prcb update appears). even with the first firmware release. the machine is correctly seen as 3A (A5AY by SN). any idea to try before ordering PRCB board? after some research on web, found something like to try reinstalling firmware only for prcb? i have acces to infohub but i'm out of ideas after three days...

Try disconnecting the HDD & update the firmware again.

You could also try the updated SSD firmware.

Code: CC163
Description:ROM contents error (PRT). The wrong model of firmware is detected in the engine during the initial connection to the engine is being checked.
Remedy:• SSD board (SSDB) • Printer control board (PRCB) 1 Rewrite the firmware. - - 2 Replace PRCB - - 1. Turn OFF the main power switch and replace the current PRCB with a new one. 2. Update the PRCB firmware. 3. After completing the firmware update, turn OFF and ON the main power switch and check to see that warm-up is started. 4. When the trouble cannot be solved, reinstall the removed PRCB to the original board. NOTE • When taking the above steps, check whether PRCB is defective or not without replacing the SSDB. 3 If the above actions do not solve the problem, contact KM.

Synthohol
12-29-2021, 08:36 PM
Of you reset the nvram you must enter the machine and type in the firmware screen when you boot to the stick.
If they are bot "ff" then that's probably why you have an issue.
Does the network config page show generic model or the correct konica model?

tsbservice
12-29-2021, 09:32 PM
Don't 4e comes with printer scanner and ADF as only 3 things in fw update screen (in standard configuration)?

srvctec
12-29-2021, 09:55 PM
Don't 4e comes with printer scanner and ADF as only 3 things in fw update screen (in standard configuration)?

I believe you are correct. I don't recall ever seeing PRCB as one of the things listed on any of the 4/4e F/W update screens.

ltdiniz
12-29-2021, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE = ammorex112; 2035714] olá! temos essa máquina usada importada da UE e ela está jogando esse código permanentemente. Eu agora o que esse erro significa (erro de conteúdo rom / firmware incorreto).
tentei atualizar o firmware, tentei redefinir Nvram (a145fw), mas sem sorte. não substituiu PRCB ainda. Suspeito que o PRCB esteja com defeito porque ao tentar atualizar o firmware, apenas a placa mfp e o scanner aparecem na tela de atualização do firmware. não importa o firmware que estou tentando (alguns apenas para ver se a atualização do prcb aparece). mesmo com o primeiro lançamento de firmware. a máquina é vista corretamente como 3A (A5AY por SN). alguma ideia para experimentar antes de encomendar uma placa PRCB? depois de alguma pesquisa na web, encontrou algo como tentar reinstalar o firmware apenas para prcb? eu tenho acesso ao infohub, mas estou sem ideias depois de três dias ... [/ QUOTE]

Hi !
Which Firmware Version have you tried to climb on the Equipment?
Attempts to update with an FW C454e_C554e_A5C10Y0-F000-G20-J9.
Update the Eqto with the ADF cable disconnected for testing I've had a case that the FW only went up with the cable not plugged in.
Good luck...

ammorex112
12-30-2021, 08:35 AM
Problem found : one of our juniors tech replaced prcb board from a dead machine, a few months ago, without telling or asking. And the original prcb went to recycling...Now it's clear why the machine is throwing the code. waste of time trying anything. I have to order a new prcb. :mad::mad::mad:
Thank you all guys!

Custom Search