PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bh550i no screen, no LEDs, only motors

Custom Search

mrwho
12-30-2021, 11:35 AM
Good morning all.

A colleague is checking out a 550i with a black screen, no leds and only the motors can be heard running.

When he opens and closes the doors, the machine appears to react accordingly (motors stop and then resume running).

He replaced the panel with a working one, without change.

Please keep in mind we service mostly Ricoh machines. I've been a KM tech before, but the last machine I was trained on was the C6501.

Plus, if someone could share the manuals (SM+parts), would be super - as always, I willing to trade.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Cheers and happy New Year!

Gift
12-30-2021, 11:52 AM
Guess next thing to check out are the cable/connections from panel -> base board

I'll drop you a PM in a few minutes...

mrwho
12-30-2021, 01:14 PM
Guess next thing to check out are the cable/connections from panel -> base board

I'll drop you a PM in a few minutes...

Thank you for the feedback. Will let him know.

In the meantime, some more info:

The network leds don't light up, and the machine isn't accessible via web browser.

Gift
12-30-2021, 01:53 PM
Thank you for the feedback. Will let him know.

In the meantime, some more info:

The network leds don't light up, and the machine isn't accessible via web browser.

OK that's not so common... is it a warranty case?

I'd probably try and re-seat all components on the base board, including the CPU board (sit's on top of it).
KM changed the board/PCB designs with the I series so the baseboard kind of contains what ricoh calls the "I/O board, BICO and most Controller I/Os like USB and NIC", CPU board contains RAM/nVME Drive/CPU.

nVME Storage boards are failing pretty often with this series but I never had a case with a dead panel as side effect,
usually a faulty storage board leads to boot loops or MFP get stucked during booting.

tsbservice
12-30-2021, 01:57 PM
Check Interface Cable (p/n AA2JN15600) between Base Board and OP.

mrwho
12-30-2021, 08:57 PM
Thank you. Sent the thread's URL to my colleague so he can follow up with the tips.

Will keep you posted!

tmmdmmm
12-31-2021, 01:16 AM
Thank you. Sent the thread's URL to my colleague so he can follow up with the tips.

Will keep you posted!

So those new op panels seem to use a micro usb instead of an hdmi/displayport connector. I've seen both completely "dead" op panels and op panels with dark lines horizontally through them when the micro usb has a poor connection on the baseboard end. Luckily I've never had to replace them, just getting them secured better seems to solve it. I havn't had to tear down the op panel to fix any issues yet.

mrwho
12-31-2021, 04:11 PM
Sorry, just a side note on a (bad) mistake of mine: It's the color machine - the C550i!

My bad...

Albonline
01-03-2022, 04:01 PM
Good morning all.

A colleague is checking out a 550i with a black screen, no leds and only the motors can be heard running.

When he opens and closes the doors, the machine appears to react accordingly (motors stop and then resume running).

He replaced the panel with a working one, without change.

Please keep in mind we service mostly Ricoh machines. I've been a KM tech before, but the last machine I was trained on was the C6501.

Plus, if someone could share the manuals (SM+parts), would be super - as always, I willing to trade.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Cheers and happy New Year!

try starting with side door open? this will eliminate the heating system from startup . but i really think you are looking at a fried baseboard or main power supply.

Custom Search