PDA

View Full Version : FIERY Pi6200

Custom Search

time2fly
12-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Can anyone tell me how to reinstall the system software on a
Pi6200 Fiery and what files are needed to do this? I have one with a I think a failing HDD, I have another HDD to replace but I don't know how to install the system software and what files need to be installed. Does this require a Specific size drive or will any size do. The size drive that's in it now is a 3.2 gig. I have a 4.3 gig to put in it. Any help would be great.

Sean486
12-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Can anyone tell me how to reinstall the system software on a
Pi6200 Fiery and what files are needed to do this? I have one with a I think a failing HDD, I have another HDD to replace but I don't know how to install the system software and what files need to be installed. Does this require a Specific size drive or will any size do. The size drive that's in it now is a 3.2 gig. I have a 4.3 gig to put in it. Any help would be great.

You have to download the Fiery OS through a Parallel port using a dos command. When the Fiery boots press the button to enter set up mode there will be a choice to install software. Follow the prompts. Then download the file. It actually works better if you a Windows 98 PC with the Parallel port set to ECP. Make sure the LPT 1 only has 1 device assigned to it. In Dos switch to the directory of the download file. Then simply do the command. I recall it being copy \B (filename) LPT 1. Hope this helps.

time2fly
12-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the imput, I knew how to do that part of it. I'm on a winXP computer and I am using the correct lpt1 port. I need to know what files need to be copied and if the size of the HDD drive needs to be a certain size or will any low level formatted HDD drive work? I do know that when installing the system software on cn3102e Fiery you have to copy the boot file then you go to the menu on the copier screen to install the rest, is the 6200 the same way?

Sean486
12-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the imput, I knew how to do that part of it. I'm on a winXP computer and I am using the correct lpt1 port. I need to know what files need to be copied and if the size of the HDD drive needs to be a certain size or will any low level formatted HDD drive work? I do know that when installing the system software on cn3102e Fiery you have to copy the boot file then you go to the menu on the copier screen to install the rest, is the 6200 the same way?

The HDD doesn't need to the same size, if it is larger it will just ignore the extra room and create a partition the size of original OEM spec. I believe that it is 40 GB. I don't think the Pi6200 uses a separate boot file, at least I don't remember that being the case, I think that part is handled by the boot menu system. The 1st part of the install formats the HDD so I don't think you need to format it at all. Do you have access to KonicaMinolta SSD Website? That is where the download file is. If not I could get it for you. I haven't had a Di620 in the field in at least 5 years so my memory could be off a little. :rolleyes:

time2fly
12-22-2008, 01:00 AM
I don't have access to that site but I sure wish I did I work for a copier company that refurbishes Konica Minolta copiers so I don't have that kind of access. The HDD that was in it was a 3.2 gig drive the one I'm putting in is a 4.3 gig. If you could get me that file that would be great. If this needs a bigger HDD I've got one and will use it instead. Thanks

Sean486
12-22-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't have access to that site but I sure wish I did I work for a copier company that refurbishes Konica Minolta copiers so I don't have that kind of access. The HDD that was in it was a 3.2 gig drive the one I'm putting in is a 4.3 gig. If you could get me that file that would be great. If this needs a bigger HDD I've got one and will use it instead. Thanks

Wow I thought this had a much bigger HDD. But according to Minolta the Pi6200 has a 4 GB HDD, so you should be fine with that. "The Pi6200 uses a 4GB IDE hard drive." I have attached the install procedure, so let me know how to get the file to you. It is approximately 60MB so I can't attach it.

pepper38_cnd
12-22-2008, 12:14 PM
You can find what you need at the link in my signature at the bottom of this post, this ones free.

time2fly
12-22-2008, 01:29 PM
hey pepper can you resend the command workstation thanks. I've got pando open now

hill
03-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Wow I thought this had a much bigger HDD. But according to Minolta the Pi6200 has a 4 GB HDD, so you should be fine with that. "The Pi6200 uses a 4GB IDE hard drive." I have attached the install procedure, so let me know how to get the file to you. It is approximately 60MB so I can't attach it.
I need a firmware (OS) for Minolta PI6200
You can lay out for downloading the file (matt11.UM)
It needs your help !!!!!

sclaure
10-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Dear friends.
I need the OS file, too.
Please, coud you help me???.
Thanks

fastbit
03-21-2011, 11:18 PM
You can you help me please

hill
03-22-2011, 01:13 PM
You can you help me please

Download the file from the link
Deposit Files (http://depositfiles.com/files/6nb8rgno0)
Good luck.

Custom Search