PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C258 CD050 and FA14

Custom Search

tsbservice
12-30-2021, 06:58 PM
I went today to this client on normal routine works (they have plenty machines).
Found one sitting hopelessly with CD050 code. Upon reboot it cleared error so here I go decided to update the FW with latest I have GCC-X4(yes I know it's not base). It took a long time of machine to show FW update screen but eventually I pushed start. It succeeds on other FWs but failed on MFP at 20%. So here I go again and did only MFP update it took it. After restarting machine comes to Ready and works but I noticed that in Device info tab it shows function version 4.2(it already was it before) but no FW version is shown. In CE mode it shows all modules firmware versions but MFP card(it's empty).
Now machine is working but I suspect HDD or other issue may bite me near future. Here I summon experienced.
Beside steps found in AAS(I will try that anyways) what are your words of wisdom guys.
It won't beat me for sure just doing some precaution steps :)
As always Thanks for any insights.

God bless you and Happy New Year!

copier tech
12-30-2021, 07:08 PM
I went today to this client on normal routine works (they have plenty machines).
Found one sitting hopelessly with CD050 code. Upon reboot it cleared error so here I go decided to update the FW with latest I have GCC-X4(yes I know it's not base). It took a long time of machine to show FW update screen but eventually I pushed start. It succeeds on other FWs but failed on MFP at 20%. So here I go again and did only MFP update it took it. After restarting machine comes to Ready and works but I noticed that in Device info tab it shows function version 4.2(it already was it before) but no FW version is shown. In CE mode it shows all modules firmware versions but MFP card(it's empty).
Now machine is working but I suspect HDD or other issue may bite me near future. Here I summon experienced.
Beside steps found in AAS(I will try that anyways) what are your words of wisdom guys.
It won't beat me for sure just doing some precaution steps :)
As always Thanks for any insights.

God bless you and Happy New Year!

There is an SATA firmware for random CD-xxx & HDD error codes.

tsbservice
12-30-2021, 07:12 PM
There is an SATA firmware for random CD-xxx & HDD error codes.

Ahh thanks for that. I forgot to mention in my OP that SATA controller is already at new version(ends in G00-04).

copier tech
12-30-2021, 07:25 PM
Ahh thanks for that. I forgot to mention in my OP that SATA controller is already at new version(ends in G00-04).

Could be a failing HDD.

The function version will always show 4.2 unless you change SW25 to HEX B0

tsbservice
12-30-2021, 07:31 PM
Could be a failing HDD.

The function version will always show 4.2 unless you change SW25 to HEX B0

Yes.

And Yes I just mentioned it in case anyone asked about function version. As a rule of thumb all of mine machines have their functional version match their FW version.

srvctec
12-30-2021, 07:56 PM
After restarting machine comes to Ready and works but I noticed that in Device info tab it shows function version 4.2(it already was it before) but no FW version is shown. In CE mode it shows all modules firmware versions but MFP card(it's empty).

I've had this happen more than once before, well sort of. Not the having to install the MFPB F/W by itself because it failed but the not showing of F/W version. The machine has always worked and as long as it works, I don't worry about it and haven't had to do anything else later on. I just figure it's some sort of glitch on displaying the F/W version and leave it alone since the machine works.

tulintron
01-31-2022, 02:47 PM
Good morning everyone. I have C258 giving me FA14. I tried to follow bulletin 10072, but I am missing the fw sta G00-04 to downgrade.

Without it, it is impossible to follow in the footsteps of the newsletter.

Would anyone be available to help?

Thanks.

tsbservice
01-31-2022, 03:57 PM
Good morning everyone. I have C258 giving me FA14. I tried to follow bulletin 10072, but I am missing the fw sta G00-04 to downgrade.

Without it, it is impossible to follow in the footsteps of the newsletter.

Would anyone be available to help?

Thanks.
You can try recovery procedure with GXX-A8 FW.

tulintron
01-31-2022, 04:10 PM
You can try recovery procedure with GXX-A8 FW.Thanks for answering. I tried with A8 andB0, both without success. A789be didn't help me either.

I think I need this G00-04 SATA. downgrade seems necessary.

I already disconnected the HDD, but none of that gave me a positive result.

Synthohol
02-01-2022, 03:27 AM
I think I need this G00-04 SATA. downgrade seems necessary.
PM :)

tulintron
02-01-2022, 12:15 PM
PM :)Thanks

tulintron
02-04-2022, 07:42 PM
ThanksSorted out!

Thanks to everyone who helped in any way.

srvctec
02-04-2022, 08:29 PM
Sorted out!

Thanks to everyone who helped in any way.

Well, what was the solution? :cool:

Custom Search