PDA

View Full Version : I'm new (and I have a problem)

Custom Search

Sean486
12-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi guys,
I am new to the board. I have working for Konica Minolta for 10 years now. I generally don't repair the machines. I am more a pre-sales engineer, so I know Fierys, Emperons, Scanning, Networking really well. Hopefully I can help a few folks out.

Anyhow at home I have a Minolta QMS 2300DL. It is leaving ghost images down the page. For example, on a Windows test page you see the Windows logo, then a ghost image about 5 inches down the page. I suspect it is the cleaning blade on the OPC drum, but the drum is only at half of it's life cycle. I figure it is either than or the cleaning blade on the transfer belt.

I was going to buy a new OPC drum but since they are over $100 I was hoping that someone could tell me that I was on the right path. I don't want to put another $100 into the printer only to find out that it was really the transfer belt unit that was the issue.

kmcopier
12-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Stop the printer Check if it's on the drum or transfer belt 5 inches sounds like it comes from the drum

Star
12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Yep, you can measure the distance on the page, then figure out the circumferences of the hardware in the machine to figure out which one is the culprit.

Regards

Sean486
12-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Yep, you can measure the distance on the page, then figure out the circumferences of the hardware in the machine to figure out which one is the culprit.

Regards

Now that I think about it, the transfer belt is quite large. I think if it were the transfer belt it would be leaving image on the following page rather than the same page. Still I'm going to do the measurement as you suggest. Thanks

kmguy31
12-22-2008, 08:43 PM
if those dont work, i have seen many a fuser go bad and result in "ghosting images"

Sean486
12-22-2008, 10:26 PM
I think its the drum. The distance on the paper is the same as the circumference of the drum. The fuser looked pretty clean. I'll know soon ,I'm going to order a new drum this week.

Custom Search