PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Blade Flipping

Custom Search

Haroldbfix
12-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Is there any new fixes out there for the increasingly irritating blade flipping issue. There was a new bulletin released last week that is supposed to finally fix this issue, and of course the parts are on national back order. The new drum units which includes the modifications are in production and will start showing up in a few weeks. However after reviewing the bulletin im very skeptical that it will work. I have had blades flip even after using the C500 blade and spring and clipping the ends and using the latest level 40 that was release for this issue. The flipping has slowed down but has not stopped. In fact thats my first call on Monday.

All Ideas are welcome!!:confused::confused::confused:

VIJN
12-23-2008, 12:57 AM
:cool:There has been many weird and wonderfull solutions for this, however what has worked and has been reconized by km japan is fitting the black application roller from a c500/8050 drum unit to the c6500 drum unit. I have been fitting these rollers with great success now. km has sent us some rollers to try in our machines while they investigate this issue further. sorry no part number. it will take about 45mins to change over all units but it works:)

Sean486
12-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Is there any new fixes out there for the increasingly irritating blade flipping issue. There was a new bulletin released last week that is supposed to finally fix this issue, and of course the parts are on national back order. The new drum units which includes the modifications are in production and will start showing up in a few weeks. However after reviewing the bulletin im very skeptical that it will work. I have had blades flip even after using the C500 blade and spring and clipping the ends and using the latest level 40 that was release for this issue. The flipping has slowed down but has not stopped. In fact thats my first call on Monday.

All Ideas are welcome!!:confused::confused::confused:

This is second hand info, but my senior tech said that he waxes the drum with Mothers Carnauba Wax, leaving the residue on it and then letting the cleaning blade clean off the haze. He says it works, as strange as it sounds.

Haroldbfix
12-23-2008, 02:15 AM
Where is this application roller located?

This is second hand info, but my senior tech said that he waxes the drum with Mothers Carnauba Wax, leaving the residue on it and then letting the cleaning blade clean off the haze. He says it works, as strange as it sounds.

I'll try this. Thanks

VIJN
12-23-2008, 08:57 PM
the application roller is located in the drum unit , when you remove the drum you will see it below the blade. there is also the roller application pad under this roller which lubricates the roller which then lubricates the drum. on the c6500 drum unit the roller coating is not as thick as that of the 8050 drum unit roller, hence fitting the 8050 roller to the c6500 unit fixes the drum blade flips. :)

Setright
12-28-2008, 07:22 AM
We've had success with the "wax" idea :D

However, soft wax risks leaving stripes and so on. Make sure you use a resin type polish, that hardens. AutoGlym Super Resin Polish (aka. "Radiant Wax") has been my preferred polish for cars through almost twenty years, and it's now keeping drum blades in position!

To be 100% sure, we stretch the springs 2-3mm. No repeated failures with this treatment. Do make sure you polish the whole drum surface, and let it dry for at least ten minutes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Setright/CSPro_Drum.jpg

Haroldbfix
12-29-2008, 07:12 AM
We've had success with the "wax" idea :D

However, soft wax risks leaving stripes and so on. Make sure you use a resin type polish, that hardens. AutoGlym Super Resin Polish (aka. "Radiant Wax") has been my preferred polish for cars through almost twenty years, and it's now keeping drum blades in position!

To be 100% sure, we stretch the springs 2-3mm. No repeated failures with this treatment. Do make sure you polish the whole drum surface, and let it dry for at least ten minutes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Setright/CSPro_Drum.jpg
Thanks for the details I have a couple of PM's coming up, Ill try this out. Polish just the ends (non image area) or the image areas as well? Leave the polish on or buff out the dry polish? Please clarify. Thanks again.

Setright
12-29-2008, 08:33 AM
I remove the drum cylinder and polish the entire surface. Let it dry for ten minutes, protected from light and then wipe it off again. Might be fine to just leave it on, but I wipe the power residue off manually.

I have not seen any image disturbances on the drums I have treated this way, with Autoglym resin polish. And zero flipped blades.

I did try "Aqua Wax", but it's a soft caranuba based polish, and it wears off and leaves streaks in the image.

Therefore, I can only vouch for the results with Autoglym Super Resin Polish (Radiant Wax if you buy bulk from the professional series). No doubt, there are other similar products (Meguiars/Turtle/and so on) that may work just as well and might be easier to get hold of in your area.

Let me know if you wanna hear more :-) I am always willing to share my views :D

Custom Search