PDA

View Full Version : c650 no print but good ping...

Custom Search

Synaux
01-06-2022, 05:28 AM
I still have a few of these turds still pumping out mostly B/W forms, etc.

This machine will not print from the network.
I am able to ping it.
Prior to this DHCP auto-enabled, made the old static IP and worked for about a month.

I am pretty sure I still have the NIC reset and the latest firmware on preloaded CF cards somewheres so I will attempt that tomorrow.
If not I might need to phone in a favor to one of you old farts! :p

Any other suggestions though?

Albonline
01-06-2022, 07:32 PM
supplies? beyond life? does the job spool then delete?

blackcat4866
01-06-2022, 09:14 PM
I had three of these die of HDD failure. I'd suspect that.

One of those customers was using the FILE_SHARE as their electronic file cabinet and lost several years of documents. =^..^=

Synthohol
01-06-2022, 10:31 PM
have you tried your laptop directly to it?

Synaux
01-14-2022, 01:58 PM
I had three of these die of HDD failure. I'd suspect that.

One of those customers was using the FILE_SHARE as their electronic file cabinet and lost several years of documents. =^..^=
Sorry for the late response, been working an unrelated job--plenty of hours--near worthless wages...

Holey crap I completely forgot about the HDD!
The DHCP auto-enabling threw me off.
In short, this makes total sense

supplies? beyond life? does the job spool then delete?
I will check

have you tried your laptop directly to it?
That is on my list but I need to make another crossover cable and find my laptop :rolleyes:

--
FYI, the NIC reset FW didnt work....
--
Not sure if Im going to make a visit today, but I will report back soon.
Thanks!

Synthohol
01-14-2022, 04:20 PM
Cross over cable has not been required for a long time.
Just use a regular patch cable.

peter42
01-17-2022, 02:00 PM
If ping is ok, next step is open website of the copier. If that fails, remove Cat5-line from copier and ping again.
Its not the first time, that i got an answer from an iphone or samsung device new on the network.

emujo2
01-17-2022, 04:15 PM
Does the job log indicate that the print was sent, but deleted for some reason? When you send a job, does the Blue Data light indicate there at least may be some communication. Remember, PING is nothing more that a tool to establish basic communication with a another network node. It cannot tell you if printing, scan, SNMB ect ports are open. Just the fact that this is a C650 would give me pause to really spend a lot of time trying to torubleshoot this..If you are running Win 11 it may not ever work..If you can open the web page using the IP info you have, and the workstation is allowed to run TELNET, you can open port 9100 and send a job just to test the printer. If this works try using a old HP PCL generic page printer to see if the machine is accepting prints. What fun...

Synaux
02-07-2022, 03:14 AM
Hey guys, I really appreciate the thoughtful responses; however, I had gone dun f'd up--but at least I figured it out a while ago...

This business has a 24port switch (cat5) full of connections, I had made a cheat sheet for ALL the IP addresses and it has worked great until my original posting.
and
a
long
sigh:

I had completely forgotten that half a dozen capacitors blew on the fiery (that I took off many moons ago).

So yeah... I was using the damned fiery IP on the print driver! :p

Many thanks, regardless

blackcat4866
02-07-2022, 04:33 PM
Hey guys, I really appreciate the thoughtful responses; however, I had gone dun f'd up--but at least I figured it out a while ago...

So yeah... I was using the damned fiery IP on the print driver! :p

Many thanks, regardless

LOL. =^..^=

Custom Search