PDA

View Full Version : Good successor for the BH-363/423 series

Custom Search

Hansoon
01-06-2022, 04:27 PM
Most of our A3-mono rental machines are of the BH-363/423 series. Our experiences with them are really very good. However it seems time now to find a successor for them. Not necessarily the latest generation, but they should be at least as reliable as the BH-363/423 series. Which KonicaMinolta bizhub model would you guys advise?

Hans

copier addict
01-06-2022, 05:28 PM
Most of our A3-mono rental machines are of the BH-363/423 series. Our experiences with them are really very good. However it seems time now to find a successor for them. Not necessarily the latest generation, but they should be at least as reliable as the BH-363/423 series. Which KonicaMinolta bizhub model would you guys advise?

Hans

You certainly can't go wrong with the Bizhub 224e, 284e or 364e
Same as colour e series machines. Very reliable.

Toxic
01-06-2022, 10:57 PM
4e machines are good but i like little bit more 227_287_367.
These machines does not have transfer belt and fusers are longer lasting and simpler construction without fusing belt.
Have few of them arround 600k with OEM toners used, 2-3 drum units and tray feed rollers replaced, fusers still holding.

copier addict
01-07-2022, 02:13 AM
These machines does not have transfer belt and fusers are longer lasting and simpler construction without fusing belt.
Have few of them arround 600k with OEM toners used, 2-3 drum units and tray feed rollers replaced, fusers still holding.

I have had a totally different experience with this model range.
I find them cheaply made and service hogs.

Toxic
01-07-2022, 02:33 AM
Experiences are different though.
Yes, it is made cheaper but still good enough for me, my complaint only for 7 will be very bad trays for now especially if customer is hard handed.

tsbservice
01-07-2022, 06:28 AM
As much ad I love 4/4e series machines I would say you're probably right. 7 series small OP and noisy duplex are annoying yes but I have biz 287 with 1.1M count still
running and yes fusers last, drums last, a plethora of filters you know(recently I found 4th filter called 'Stench filter Assy' funny :cool:, it's in reversal section not PM part).
Generally I would recomend both series. If Hans prefer to keep 4/4e line for color models maybe is better idea to have them and for B&W models but it also depends on prices and availability.

Gift
01-07-2022, 12:12 PM
I like the mono 4e series (if it comes with the modified duplex/reversal unit) way over it's predecessors.
Interesting to hear something about the 7 series, we kind of never placed them in the field because everybody reacted MC Hammer a-like "can't touch this.." :D

tech51
01-07-2022, 05:46 PM
You certainly can't go wrong with the Bizhub 224e, 284e or 364e
Same as colour e series machines. Very reliable.

Be aware there is an issue with the backup batteries on this range which could be expensive to repair.

copyman
01-07-2022, 07:54 PM
Be aware there is an issue with the backup batteries on this range which could be expensive to repair.

What "range" are you talking about? Several models were mentioned in this thread? I don't have any "7" series I service so hope that is the model you are talking about with battery issues.

As for the "3" series, yes they were great machines and used the same footprint going all way back to the Di251. Same drum/dev setup with 2 hooks you pull out from side.

I've replaced all but a few with Biz 224e's. All working great!

tech51
01-07-2022, 08:04 PM
What "range" are you talking about? Several models were mentioned in this thread? I don't have any "7" series I service so hope that is the model you are talking about with battery issues.

As for the "3" series, yes they were great machines and used the same footprint going all way back to the Di251. Same drum/dev setup with 2 hooks you pull out from side.

I've replaced all but a few with Biz 224e's. All working great!

The 4 series has an issue, particularly on older examples where the backup battery fails causing various issues including not booting and other error messages.

GHV M1 firmware is the preventative firmware for this but is not a cure.

There are other threads on this site about this.

All I was trying to say is that there can be a problem especially if your buying older used equipment.

herbert
01-08-2022, 08:56 AM

Hans

You can try bizhub 367.They are not bad although the screen ia abit smaller compared to the 3 series

copyman
01-08-2022, 01:37 PM
The 4 series has an issue, particularly on older examples where the backup battery fails causing various issues including not booting and other error messages.

GHV M1 firmware is the preventative firmware for this but is not a cure.

There are other threads on this site about this.

All I was trying to say is that there can be a problem especially if your buying older used equipment.

Interesting, I still have over 100 "4" series I service and never had any issues with batteries so have to disagree with you on this. I just went through the latest Kon/Min "ALL solutions" and don't see anything about failing batteries. If it was that much of an issue you think there would be a bulletin about it? Perhaps I missed it. Can you provide any documentation on this? Since I have many of these machines I would like to know more about this if a real issue.

Hansoon
01-08-2022, 02:42 PM
I've heard from a wholesaler that his might happen when the machine is longer without power. So typically when the machine is taken out of service and going into storage for a longer period.

Hans

tech51
01-09-2022, 09:43 PM
Interesting, I still have over 100 "4" series I service and never had any issues with batteries so have to disagree with you on this. I just went through the latest Kon/Min "ALL solutions" and don't see anything about failing batteries. If it was that much of an issue you think there would be a bulletin about it? Perhaps I missed it. Can you provide any documentation on this? Since I have many of these machines I would like to know more about this if a real issue.
If you don’t believe me that this can be an issue I suggest you look up the GHVM1 firmware and read the associated documents.

tech51
01-09-2022, 09:46 PM
I've heard from a wholesaler that his might happen when the machine is longer without power. So typically when the machine is taken out of service and going into storage for a longer period.

Hans
This is exactly why I was warning people about this.

It doesn’t affect me as I’m not in the secondhand market, but for those of you that are I thought the information might help.

copyman
01-10-2022, 05:40 AM
I will keep a look out for it but fortunately the most my customers machines are off is maybe a long 3 day weekend. All F/W up to date.

tsbservice
01-10-2022, 06:31 AM
If you don’t believe me that this can be an issue I suggest you look up the GHVM1 firmware and read the associated documents.
Now I prefer to install GXM-M1 (The customized firmware that merged existing bugs).
It includes fixed issue of GHV-M1 (After turning OFF/ON the Main Power, the entry screen of serial number may be displayed in English and the MFP may not start) plus more than 300 other bug fixes.

sanvicente
01-18-2022, 07:48 AM

Hans

I believe they are right. thats also a common problem dealing with wholesalers here They even sold discount lots of this “battery issues” dead machines for parts. Some can get back working with board swaps, but most wont. We also think high temperatures may affect the battery. 50 copiers, inside a 40 ft container parked 1 week in any US southern border in mid summer, no doubt that kind of heat its no good for boards.

allan
01-18-2022, 11:47 AM
I have had good experiences with the 7 range. The drums goes past 400K if the customer does not bend the transfer roller guide removing a jam. Dev due to replenishing goes forever unless you use bad toner can go to 600K. Fusers don't scratch like the 3 series. I dislike the smaller screens.

I have not seen fuser, drum or dev kits for these.
Do they exist.
Been using DV411 to replace over-toned or contaminated developer.

Can still get plenty of 3 series machines in ZA mostly over 500K on the clock. About $170 as is and another $250 to replace all clutches, rollers, bushings and consumables required to get it to run proper.

Custom Search