PDA

View Full Version : C250i vs C258 consumables

Custom Search

tsbservice
01-07-2022, 02:23 PM
Hi guys does anyone already tried fuser and TBU from C258(C224e) into C250i series. I would like to keep parts inventory diversity at minimum.

Hmm fuser looks different.

tech51
01-07-2022, 05:44 PM
The fuser is completely different as the drive coupling is unique to the i series.

The transfer belt will fit all the i series, been fitting them since they first came out.

Be aware that the i series transfer roller is unique and the e model one does fit in but causes all sorts of quality issues (don’t ask me how I know)😉

tsbservice
01-07-2022, 06:47 PM
The fuser is completely different as the drive coupling is unique to the i series.

The transfer belt will fit all the i series, been fitting them since they first came out.

Be aware that the i series transfer roller is unique and the e model one does fit in but causes all sorts of quality issues (don’t ask me how I know)😉

Thank You for your input it's most appreciated. I basically talked with a friend tech who asked me if the fusers may be interchangeable. I completely ignored training received 😁 and just said wait a minute I will ask collective mind... shortly after that I have sudden flashback and yes second transfer roller being larger is a problem :)

Phil B.
01-07-2022, 06:59 PM

Be aware that the i series transfer roller is unique and the e model one does fit in but causes all sorts of quality issues (don’t ask me how I know)[emoji6]Great info thanks brother!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tech51
01-07-2022, 08:07 PM
I should say I am referring to the A3 models.

The A4 models are a different thing entirely😄

tsbservice
01-07-2022, 08:13 PM
I should say I am referring to the A3 models.

The A4 models are a different thing entirely😄

He-he we're not greenhorns(novice). Doing Toshy in the past and seems KM making you lazy...yet not (till now) stupid ;)
Have a great Year!

suomi
01-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Hi guys does anyone already tried fuser and TBU from C258(C224e) into C250i series. I would like to keep parts inventory diversity at minimum.

Hmm fuser looks different.

Have you noticed how light new fuser is. Compared to old models.

srvctec
01-10-2022, 10:59 PM

Thanks for this info!! It came into play today when we had a customer with a C360i and the belt has a giant hole in the middle from the sep finger with around 70K on the machine. Of course, we don't have any new "correct" belts in stock so we'll be putting on a good used 4e/8 belt in the mean time until the new i series comes in. Then we can send in the torn belt in the correct box for credit from KM.

Custom Search