PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C308 HDD Issue

Custom Search

SmartCookies
01-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Hello guys, i am new to fixing and service copier machines of minolta and i have no past experience.
So i got a case that HDD is dying and i changed the HDD and did logical format and physical format and nothing happened the error still popped up.
The error is RESET HDD PASSWORD and i kept doing the format till got C D-010 error code.My boss suggested to turn off the HDD and try to open the copier.The error code is gone but we cant scan and do fax.-
So me and my boss looked for any help to fix this machine and.. we eventually got a firmware to fix the issue.My office copier also got HDD issue and it worked like a charm.
Today i went to the place, and i FORGOT to turn on the HDD and used the firmware i have to fix the issue.After everything done i opened the copier still got error code.I was confused and trying to find reasons why its not working till my boss said i have turn on the HDD or not.
So.. i turned on the HDD afterward and try to flash with firmware and... the screen just stuck in black screen. I asked my boss what possibly causing this and he said since i flashed the firmware it directly altered all the partition in internal SSD.
If it in fact got altered why i can still print and copy ?
Till now the Copier incapable of running with HDD.
My boss said he gonna replace machine.

So.. any other way to fix this issue? Is really flashing the firmware affect the internal ssd?

P/S: English is not my mother tongue so if any grammar error I m sorry
Any help is appreciated Cheers :D

Phil B.
01-10-2022, 02:55 PM
Hello guys, i am new to fixing and service copier machines of minolta and i have no past experience.
So i got a case that HDD is dying and i changed the HDD and did logical format and physical format and nothing happened the error still popped up.
The error is RESET HDD PASSWORD and i kept doing the format till got C D-010 error code.My boss suggested to turn off the HDD and try to open the copier.The error code is gone but we cant scan and do fax.-
So me and my boss looked for any help to fix this machine and.. we eventually got a firmware to fix the issue.My office copier also got HDD issue and it worked like a charm.
Today i went to the place, and i FORGOT to turn on the HDD and used the firmware i have to fix the issue.After everything done i opened the copier still got error code.I was confused and trying to find reasons why its not working till my boss said i have turn on the HDD or not.
So.. i turned on the HDD afterward and try to flash with firmware and... the screen just stuck in black screen. I asked my boss what possibly causing this and he said since i flashed the firmware it directly altered all the partition in internal SSD.

So.. any other way to fix this issue? Is really flashing the firmware affect the internal ssd?

Any help is appreciated Cheers :DDid you load firmware after setting the HDD?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
01-10-2022, 03:07 PM
Are you sure that the machine isn't asking you to set up the Encryption Passphrase? It's in the Admin menu. =^..^=

copier tech
01-10-2022, 05:18 PM

What firmware are you using? There was a bulletin on this issue see attached.

feracampos
06-27-2022, 06:30 PM
Thanks for all the info. I'm new too and I do not do a service for others, only for my machines.
I'm having trouble with mi c308, getting c011 errors.
Now I'm stuck in physical formatting for about an hour.

Can I replace the hdd with a ssd?

blackcat4866
06-27-2022, 07:23 PM
A physical format of the drive could take a lot longer than 1 hour. Just wait for it to finish. =^..^=

feracampos
06-27-2022, 08:45 PM
A physical format of the drive could take a lot longer than 1 hour. Just wait for it to finish. =^..^=

Thank you, I'm still waiting and starting to be worried about that crazy slow process.

Kapral
06-27-2022, 09:50 PM
If hdd is dead or dying, try logical, then physical. If nothing works, replace hdd and do only logical format. You can take whatever disk You want, it doesn't have to be from the same machine, just keep the GB's the same.

feracampos
06-27-2022, 10:29 PM
Well.. I can't go overnight with this.
Can I just shutdown the machine?

Kapral
06-27-2022, 10:31 PM
Yes, if the disk is corrupted enough, it won't be of any harm if You just turn the machine off.

feracampos
06-27-2022, 10:37 PM
Yes, if the disk is corrupted enough, it won't be of any harm if You just turn the machine off.

Turned off, now is booting with a d010 error.
Now, trying to do only a logic format. Hope it goes well, if not, I'll disable the hdd and buy another to replace.

Where can I find the updated fw for this machine? Thanks as well.

Kapral
06-27-2022, 10:41 PM
On the infohub. Did You replace the disk?

feracampos
06-27-2022, 10:58 PM
Not yet.
The logical format do the trick, but now is with a constant alert saying that I don't have the animation guide.
Can you help me get rid of that? What that animation guide mean?

Thank you again.

Kapral
06-27-2022, 11:02 PM
Animation guide is a cosmetic feature that allows You to show how to remove jammed paper as an animation. I can send it to You, but not today, cause it's midnight here ;D.

feracampos
06-27-2022, 11:27 PM
Animation guide is a cosmetic feature that allows You to show how to remove jammed paper as an animation. I can send it to You, but not today, cause it's midnight here ;D.

Ahhh... well, the alert I'm receiving was really an overkill. I believe that was something essential for the machine.
I'll really appreciated if you send it to me when you can. :D
Thank you very much for your kind replies on this topic.

For now, the machine was recovered, but I truly believe that I will need to do a fw upgrade.
That's for tomorrow.

Salute!

diksiunix
06-28-2022, 02:01 AM

Hi SmartCookies,

You already action the format logical and physical on the service menu,this action for error code C-D010.
If not working you must replace the new HDD with cable data.

Custom Search