PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C3350i error code 40A6

Custom Search

JDW Truter
01-10-2022, 05:17 PM
GoodDay

Has anyone ever had an issue on a C3350i that will make a few copies, Jams then gives an error code 40A6 ( Mechanical counter ASIC communication error) I have followed the service manual.

It talks about the CPUB(CPU Board) and the Base Board. Replaced the CPU Board first and loaded latest firmware FW_A93E0Y0-F000-G00-KD tested again nothing changed then changed the base board and tested this also didn't solve the issue, the machine is intermitted with the issue, sometimes you can make 20 copies sometimes 5.
Any advice will be welcome

Regards

Dewalt

Albonline
01-10-2022, 08:23 PM
GoodDay

Has anyone ever had an issue on a C3350i that will make a few copies, Jams then gives an error code 40A6 ( Mechanical counter ASIC communication error) I have followed the service manual.

It talks about the CPUB(CPU Board) and the Base Board. Replaced the CPU Board first and loaded latest firmware FW_A93E0Y0-F000-G00-KD tested again nothing changed then changed the base board and tested this also didn't solve the issue, the machine is intermitted with the issue, sometimes you can make 20 copies sometimes 5.
Any advice will be welcome

Regards

Dewalt

Try a different paper size, also try running in black and white. Intermittence points away from electronics. I would be looking for hv shorts or pinched wire harnesses.

JDW Truter
01-11-2022, 04:44 AM
Try a different paper size, also try running in black and white. Intermittence points away from electronics. I would be looking for hv shorts or pinched wire harnesses.

Thank you will have look.

Regards

Dewalt

JDW Truter
01-11-2022, 09:42 AM
So just some feedback on this issue, We ended up stripping the machine down to the frame basically, couldn't see anything out of place.
Put the machine back together again and ran more than 500 with no issues again so I cant tell you what actually fixed it lol;)

Regards

Dewalt

Custom Search