PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280 and C-284e, Paperpassage test limitations?

Custom Search

Hansoon
01-10-2022, 05:25 PM
Could not find the answer in the manuals. Anyone know if there are limitations in how many sheets of paper may pass when using the paper passage test for testing the BH-C-280 and C-284e series?

Reason for asking is that I fear that after a certain high volume of sheets passing the machine the transfer belt may "run dry" since there is no toner to be transferred and a blade-flip could occur.

Long, long time ago with the analogs I remember, (yes I'm THAT old....) that when the test mode was used extensively a drum blade flip could happen sometimes.

Hans

copyman
01-10-2022, 05:34 PM
Could not find the answer in the manuals. Anyone know if there are limitations in how many sheets of paper may pass when using the paper passage test for testing the BH-C-280 and C-284e series?

Reason for asking is that I fear that after a certain high volume of sheets passing the machine the transfer belt may "run dry" since there is no toner to be transferred and a blade-flip could occur.

Long, long time ago with the analogs I remember, (yes I'm THAT old....) that when the test mode was used extensively a drum blade flip could happen sometimes.

Hans

Good question. Don't have a definitive answer.

Been awhile since I used the paper passage test but thought there was a little bit of print on the page? Might be thinking of HP laser printer test pages?

I guess you could just make copies of something with a little bit of print so not to waste toner but have a little toner on page to lube drums blades.

Woxner
01-10-2022, 05:36 PM
i believe you can run this with or without image. but it will run till you stop it or out of paper

tsbservice
01-10-2022, 07:13 PM
Run K halftone patterns at very low density maybe 10 continuous mode...as a bonus this way you can run duplex testing with or without image :)
Good luck with your new fleet and have a great Year!

Hansoon
01-10-2022, 07:25 PM
Run K halftone patterns at very low density maybe 10 continuous mode.

I guess you could just make copies of something with a little bit of print so not to waste toner but have a little toner on page to lube drums blades.

Yes, of course but that would increase the counters.... :cool:

Hans

tsbservice
01-10-2022, 07:38 PM
Yes, of course but that would increase the counters.... :cool:

Hans

Not sure about that...in other hands never bothered much :D
I remember on Toshy we had line adjustment mode which stops counter temporarily.

Synthohol
01-10-2022, 08:47 PM
Any pages from service mode or meter sheets do NOT increase the counter.
Minutes of use however will accumulate normally to properly represent the state of consumables

Hansoon
01-11-2022, 06:20 AM
Any pages from service mode or meter sheets do NOT increase the counter.
Minutes of use however will accumulate normally to properly represent the state of consumables

Dumb me. I could have checked that myself....... :o

Hans

blackcat4866
01-11-2022, 04:00 PM
When printing a large number of pages with 0% fill ... yes, there is a risk of flipping cleaning blades.

I'd want a minimum of 3% fill, as a line crossfeed or a whole page 3% halftone to keep the blades lubricated. And yes, I don't usually give much thought to counters. If I've got a high volume customer with a problem that occurs intermittently, I'll babysit the machine, watching the customer run their stuff ... interrupting occasionally to make observations or minor adjustments.
=^..^=

Custom Search