PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c220 replaced drums with new units, magenta warning still on

Custom Search

va2ir
01-11-2022, 03:04 PM
Good day. I am now the owner of my bizhub 220. It works well for me. I just replaces the 4 drums with new units. Restarted the machine and the magenta drum warning still comes on. I swapped the cyan with the mag unit, and the mag warning is still on. Image is fine. Ran some solid pages, coverage is perfect. Any ideas? Also, the clutch motor for the manual feed tray stopped working. Any idea where these can be purchased? Thanks

Phil B.
01-11-2022, 04:15 PM
Good day. I am now the owner of my bizhub 220. It works well for me. I just replaces the 4 drums with new units. Restarted the machine and the magenta drum warning still comes on. I swapped the cyan with the mag unit, and the mag warning is still on. Image is fine. Ran some solid pages, coverage is perfect. Any ideas? Also, the clutch motor for the manual feed tray stopped working. Any idea where these can be purchased? ThanksWould be helpful if we knew where you are located so we can give you help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Phil B.
01-11-2022, 05:06 PM
Would be helpful if we knew where you are located so we can give you help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TapatalkAnd private messaging me doesn't do one damn bit of good!
Post your location PUBLICLY!

Phil B.
01-11-2022, 05:25 PM
New?

GENUINE OEM or turd party parts?

OEM toners?

Synthohol
01-11-2022, 05:45 PM
Not to be a dick but why a c220? It's an old boat anchor!
Check the 3 gold pins that touch the drum chip. Prolly not resetting.
We're they OEM new drums or did you just replace the cylinder and blade?
The chip is what seems to not reset the warning.
With a due respect you should have walked away from that dinosaur.

copier tech
01-11-2022, 05:55 PM
Good day. I am now the owner of my bizhub 220. It works well for me. I just replaces the 4 drums with new units. Restarted the machine and the magenta drum warning still comes on. I swapped the cyan with the mag unit, and the mag warning is still on. Image is fine. Ran some solid pages, coverage is perfect. Any ideas? Also, the clutch motor for the manual feed tray stopped working. Any idea where these can be purchased? Thanks

If you update the firmware & change a couple of SW in CE mode you can disable this warning & no need to fit new drums.

va2ir
01-12-2022, 04:49 PM
All fixed. Thanks for all the help. Working fine now.

copyman
01-12-2022, 07:36 PM
All fixed. Thanks for all the help. Working fine now.

What was the fix?

Doesn't happen very often but I've had a few bad chips with OEM supplies.

Phil B.
01-12-2022, 08:48 PM
All fixed. Thanks for all the help. Working fine now.Well share with the class..
What fixed it?

copier tech
01-12-2022, 09:25 PM
Well share with the class..
What fixed it?

Not that most of us will see a C220 again but helpful for techs in the 3rd world etc.

srvctec
01-12-2022, 09:26 PM
Not that most of us will see a C220 again but helpful for techs in the 3rd world etc.

Ha! Sadly, we still have lots of these in service because people around here don't replace stuff until it completely dies, with no hope of revival.

copier tech
01-12-2022, 09:53 PM
Ha! Sadly, we still have lots of these in service because people around here don't replace stuff until it completely dies, with no hope of revival.

I feel your pain. Had to order a new C203 fuser last week!

femaster
01-13-2022, 03:45 AM

Same here. We have units older than this still in service, and taking care of them is a major PIA! The only reason we can is because we purchase supplies and parts in large enough quantities that we tend to have an abundance of NOS parts and supplies.

copier tech
01-13-2022, 06:55 AM
Same here. We have units older than this still in service, and taking care of them is a major PIA! The only reason we can is because we purchase supplies and parts in large enough quantities that we tend to have an abundance of NOS parts and supplies.

That is good if you have the budget to do this. I would not want to risk ending up with $1000's of stock i'll never need.

femaster
01-14-2022, 02:42 AM
That is good if you have the budget to do this. I would not want to risk ending up with $1000's of stock i'll never need.

Completely understandable. Really depends on how many machines a company has out in the field under contract. We definitely cut back the stock as machines get replaced and the number in the field dwindles. We don't want a tons of left over stock either. Occasionally we end up with too much of something here or there, but it's pretty rare, and usually not on an item that is expensive. One thing I can say is that the excess stock in parts and toner has been a major help in riding out this drought we are currently in.

Gift
01-14-2022, 01:17 PM

Yes and once it dies the same dumbasses need a new or refurb machine ASAP and start bitching around if you tell them that swapping takes some time for pre-install and planning the logistics (especially these days).

Custom Search