PDA

View Full Version : [Image Quality] Thin line won't go away on Konica bizhub Press C6000

Custom Search

joaopauloooo
01-11-2022, 04:51 PM
I'm having an issue with a printer I started servicing, it's a Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C6000 and it has 1.8m clicks. It looks very good and clean and all the consumables are still in good shape, nothing with more than 90%.

So, it's printing a thin line only noticeable with the black color as you can see in this A3 prints I've scanned and attached. It's also only noticeable when printing greys, if its full black it won't appear.
It's worth to mention that this line gets thinner some days, like 0.2mm and other days it gets thicker, but never more than 1mm.

I have already clean the laser glass and changed the corona with a new one and the problem persists.
I've ran out of ideas, anyone could help me?

Phil B.
01-11-2022, 05:21 PM
I'm having an issue with a printer I started servicing, it's a Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C6000 and it has 1.8m clicks. It looks very good and clean and all the consumables are still in good shape, nothing with more than 90%.

So, it's printing a thin line only noticeable with the black color as you can see in this A3 prints I've scanned and attached. It's also only noticeable when printing greys, if its full black it won't appear.
It's worth to mention that this line gets thinner some days, like 0.2mm and other days it gets thicker, but never more than 1mm.

I have already clean the laser glass and changed the corona with a new one and the problem persists.

What's the count on the dev unit?
What are the counts on drums and other service parts.

Really need more info.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

orestesp
01-11-2022, 08:19 PM

Remove the transfer belt, K drum and corona and thoroughly clean the black plastic part that the K corona sits on.

I get those lines after very humid days, cleaning the part I described has always fixed the problem, that you are currently facing, for me.

40yearsplus
01-11-2022, 08:37 PM
I had a few from the drum charge roller that sits internally built into the Drum unit. The charge roller gets a fine line worn in it and you have to look hard and you will probably see it on the drum also but it is easy to see on the black charge roller.

Also if your not a technician just place a service call.

Phil B.
01-11-2022, 09:39 PM
I had a few from the drum charge roller that sits internally built into the Drum unit. The charge roller gets a fine line worn in it and you have to look hard and you will probably see it on the drum also but it is easy to see on the black charge roller.

Also if your not a technician just place a service call.If the pcr isn't damaged ( a Groove cut into the rubber coating )
Get some NuFinish car polish .. remove the PCR from the drum unit.
Coat the pcr with the NuFinish.. gently buff off after dry.
It might take 2-3 applications to remove the crud.
Make sure you get it all off the pcr.. reinstall in drum unit run about 10-15 pages.
You should be good to go.
I have found that the quality is darker on the print and crisper print.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wjurls
01-14-2022, 08:34 PM

Also if your not a technician just place a service call.

C6000 drums are charged by external coronas. There is only a cleaning brush and blade internal to drum unit.

The samples shown clearly show the same line through all colors. I would be looking beyond drums and developing units and look closely at the intermediate and secondary transfer.

tsbservice
01-15-2022, 09:23 AM
C6000 drums are charged by external coronas. There is only a cleaning brush and blade internal to drum unit.

The samples shown clearly show the same line through all colors. I would be looking beyond drums and developing units and look closely at the intermediate and secondary transfer.
I failed to see this thin black line through colors in pic 2.

Synthohol
01-15-2022, 11:44 AM
zoom in, its in the black bar.

tsbservice
01-15-2022, 12:15 PM
zoom in, its in the black bar.
No no I meant CMY. K patch pic 2 and other 2 pics line is clearly visible.

Synthohol
01-15-2022, 03:24 PM
ah yes, i understand now :)

as process of elimination i would swap the black and cyan DV unit and drum (tape the toner holes shut and leave the toner door open so it wont try to add) and see if it follows the DV or stays in that slot.
if the line is now cyan then you have the actual carriage to closely inspect or the laser or laser slit glass. check all the mylar strips that are in the "black zone" of the carriage.
good luck.

tulintron
01-17-2022, 11:34 AM

I've ran out of ideas, anyone could help me?Good Morning. In the first photo you refer to a very thin black line as the problem. In the second photo, she clearly appears only in black.

I would unplug the laser and also the wiring harness for all lasers, clean and try again.

Cantechman
01-18-2022, 04:03 PM
Have a look to see if there is some sort of fiber, hair or dirt that is blocking the image from getting to the drum. Look in between the gap between the dev unit and drum on the transfer unit side. I had that issue once and it a piece of lint from my rag that was stuck in the laser path.

wjurls
01-21-2022, 04:12 PM

I didn't see the note in the pic saying that the white line was from the scanner. Just noted "Thin line"

tsbservice
01-21-2022, 06:09 PM
I didn't see the note in the pic saying that the white line was from the scanner. Just noted "Thin line"

Picture 1(as far as I can see) has two arrows with remarks clearly describing white line isn't issue.

Konicatech
01-24-2022, 11:34 AM
How does the fuser belt/rollers look?

tulintron
01-24-2022, 12:25 PM
I failed to see this thin black line through colors in pic 2.51628

tulintron
01-24-2022, 12:32 PM

I've ran out of ideas, anyone could help me?joaopaulooo, disconnect the IC from the printer.Just turn on the printer and print test pattern number 55, 62, 75.

From these tests, we will have other concepts.

tsbservice
01-24-2022, 12:48 PM
I was meaning CMY colors :)

tulintron
01-24-2022, 01:10 PM
I was meaning CMY colors :)Yes. The fault appears only in black. I suspect some bad contact or noise in the controller connection cable. If not, I change to SCIPB or PRIPB board. But we need to do tests.

joaopauloooo
11-08-2023, 06:16 PM
Remove the transfer belt, K drum and corona and thoroughly clean the black plastic part that the K corona sits on.

I get those lines after very humid days, cleaning the part I described has always fixed the problem, that you are currently facing, for me.

This one really worked! It always happened when the weather was humid. Thank you!

Custom Search