PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Develop Ineo +224 - Error C-E401 and faulty menu

Custom Search

Locke
01-12-2022, 05:15 AM
Hello.
I am fresh on the forum, but so happy to see such active community that deals with MFPs.
I'm new in the industry, mostly dealing with Sharp, but sometimes Minolta as well.
In the workshop we have a semi-dead Ineo +224 (color).
It originally came with an issue we eere trying to solve, we were unable to enter Utility from the menu, or Counter, whenever you click on those buttons the machine beeps twice and cant enter those menus.
Upon factory reset, that issue was still there and also an Error code appeared E401.
I am unable to find anything online regarding this error code, searched a lot, as if it doesn't exist.
Is someone familiar with this issue? Why can't we enter Utility menu or see the counters from the user menu?
Someone suggested a firmware reflash, but I can't find it online and don't have access to Develop technician site.
Maybe complete firmware and software rewrite would help?
Really strange issue that none of the technicians there ever saw.
It is a fine machine, old but barely used.
Any help or suggestion would be great.
Cheers

blackcat4866
01-12-2022, 03:17 PM
Does it have a finisher? If yes, I'd troubleshoot by removing the finisher, then performing an System Error Clear.

I'm not sure what I'd do next, if that worked. =^..^=

Locke
01-12-2022, 03:30 PM
Does it have a finisher? If yes, I'd troubleshoot by removing the finisher, then performing an System Error Clear.

I'm not sure what I'd do next, if that worked. =^..^=

Nope, no finisher, a barebones machine.
I don't think the HDD in the machine is otiginal from factory, it is a 160GB Hitachi, maybe someone tried to replace the HDD and now the software is missing? There are some animation and video files on it, like on a normal Minolta, but the actual disk I don't think it's from that device.
Clearin the trouble codes work until your reboot a couple of times, then it shows up again...
Strange issue, and it came up on its own, the machine worked fine and one day you just couldn't get into Utility or Counters menu, at least that's what the previous user said.
Anyways, thanks for the input, we'll keep trying.
Oh, and btw, changing the screen didn't help, but that was a longshot anyways, to me it 100% seems like a SW/FW issue.

tsbservice
01-12-2022, 08:15 PM
Put another HDD this one is out of spec. Probably 320GB and machine will use 250. Make logical format from service menu. Firmware isn't a must. You will have red light blinking forever as machine will ask for missing movie data. I found this error in new I series manual but it leads to Baseboard or CPU board.

Synthohol
01-12-2022, 11:49 PM
what do you mean by factory reset?
initialization from service mode or running a reset firmware?
if the latter, try entering in the correct machine and type from booting with a FW stick.
good luck

Locke
01-13-2022, 04:46 AM
what do you mean by factory reset?
initialization from service mode or running a reset firmware?
if the latter, try entering in the correct machine and type from booting with a FW stick.
good luck
Reset from service mode, not firmware stick. We don't have access to Minolta or Develop tech portal so can't do that.
I will google the current fw version on the machine and see if maybe I can find a FW to download outside the official channels.

Phil B.
01-13-2022, 05:54 AM
Hello.
I am fresh on the forum, but so happy to see such active community that deals with MFPs.
I'm new in the industry, mostly dealing with Sharp, but sometimes Minolta as well.
In the workshop we have a semi-dead Ineo +224 (color).
It originally came with an issue we eere trying to solve, we were unable to enter Utility from the menu, or Counter, whenever you click on those buttons the machine beeps twice and cant enter those menus.
Upon factory reset, that issue was still there and also an Error code appeared E401.
I am unable to find anything online regarding this error code, searched a lot, as if it doesn't exist.
Is someone familiar with this issue? Why can't we enter Utility menu or see the counters from the user menu?
Someone suggested a firmware reflash, but I can't find it online and don't have access to Develop technician site.
Maybe complete firmware and software rewrite would help?
Really strange issue that none of the technicians there ever saw.
It is a fine machine, old but barely used.
Any help or suggestion would be great.
CheersMaybe put in a request in the ' Manual Request ' forum.

Most guys that have the firmware like to see a contributor badge on the profile of the one requesting it.
Go to the home page it will lead you to the spot where you can donate.
A small donation will go to keeping CTN up n running.
Nothing goes to the tech.
Now some here SELL firmware ( about $30usd.

You choose what road you take on that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Locke
01-13-2022, 07:16 AM
I made a mistake, it's not a 224 but 258, sorry.
Can I change the thread title or an admin can?

Phil B.
01-13-2022, 08:18 AM
I made a mistake, it's not a 224 but 258, sorry.
Can I change the thread title or an admin can?Nope nope

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gift
01-13-2022, 10:53 AM
Manual says something like "shared memory error" - does the machine have a memory extention for LK usage you can remove test-wise?

Locke
02-05-2022, 06:23 AM
Manual says something like "shared memory error" - does the machine have a memory extention for LK usage you can remove test-wise?

No, I don't think it has any extensions like that, how can I check? Not sure what it is.

Anyways, here's an update:
Machine boots up fine without an HDD installed, you can operate it (although only B/W mode is allowed, I guess because of the depleted drum unit lifespan), but it works like that, not showing any errors at all.
The moment you install the HDD, the machine boots up but freezes after about 30sec, can't click on anything, can't do anything, even the soft off button doesn't react.
The HDD is from an identical working machine, and also I cloned that working HDD to a new one, that one works in the OK machine, but causes same issue on the broken machine.
Tried installing a blank formatted HDD into the machine, no go, same issue.
Tried entering service mode (using the yellow button and power switch) while the HDD is installed, same issue, you get to the mode but it freezes very shortly.
Replaced sata and sata power cables, no change.
Checked the sata pins on the board, everything looks OK.

To me it seems now that any time the machine tries to communicate to the HDD, the data transfer and the communication is so slow that the machine apparently freezes, but it is actually trying to either initialize or read data from it.
I will try to let it sit like that when it freezes, over night, to see if anything will happen at all, at least a trouble code or something.
It all stinks like a sata interface/sata communication on the board is faulty, not sure we can solve that apart from changing the motherboard. It's like the HDD isn't getting enough power, or the sata communication is super slow.
Also we noticed the CMOS battery is very low, only 1V, will replace it, but I don't think that's what's causing the issue with HDD. We have to keep the machine plugged in, otherwise it looses all information if it leave it unplugged over night, the S/N and everything, it goes totally blank, even the counters were reset to zero.
Oh, and the FW version is 6.05m, if that's of any use. That's the only FW we have on our internal servers, so we flashed that one.

Just interested, can this machine operate normally without the HDD? What are the limitations then, do you loose functions?
On Sharp machines it is not a problem, some come with HDD, some without, it's an option.

Cheers

Locke
02-15-2022, 04:59 AM

Sorry, not sure what do you mean by memory extension and LK use?
The RAM modules?
We had a bit of a progress yesterday, the machine boots up with the hdd and doesn't freeze up but it now has a HDD trouble code ( I think it's D0101 or something, can't remember now). The HDD is from a working machine and when we return that HDD to a working machine it works fine.
Also, in the broken machine, when I go to service mode and check the HDD, it reports that it has 240GB of total space, BUT 0MB of vacant space which is not correct.
I don't think this machine communicates with the HDD correctly for some reason.

Toxic
02-15-2022, 08:22 AM
I could be sata fw problem, check what version is in the machine.

Custom Search