PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C3850 Error Code 6790

Custom Search

shattered_dream
01-12-2022, 02:31 PM
Hello folks,

I got this copier few days ago. While I scanned something yesterday, the printer suddenly lost power...
After switching off and on again there is now the error code 6790... Can somebody help me verify what is defect?

blackcat4866
01-12-2022, 02:49 PM
The C6790 is a failure of the scanner to calibrate against the white level reference. There are several reasons why that might happen:

* The scanner cannot reach the shading plate (there are two shading plates: one for the copyboard glass, and one for slit glass). If the scanner lock was ON, the scanner won't be able to move properly. Or the scanner belt might be broken.

* The shading plate(s) might be dirty or missing.

* The CCD may be reading the shading plate incorrectly.

... in that order. =^..^=

shattered_dream
01-12-2022, 02:50 PM
Forgot to write that I know that it is an error regarding scanner unit.... I already checked the search function....
And got the service manual.... So how to begin ? Clean everything?

Phil B.
01-12-2022, 02:51 PM
Forgot to write that I know that it is an error regarding scanner unit.... I already checked the search function....
And got the service manual.... So how to begin ? Clean everything?BC laid out the order of the way to proceed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

shattered_dream
01-12-2022, 02:52 PM
Thanx! Sorry wrote my reply just before he posted...

Phil B.
01-12-2022, 03:26 PM
Thanx! Sorry wrote my reply just before he posted...Ummm then why did your post show after his?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

shattered_dream
01-12-2022, 03:29 PM
Sorry english is not my mother language.... Meant "hee posted while I was writing the reply...

Cantechman
01-12-2022, 09:16 PM
Sorry english is not my mother language.... Meant "hee posted while I was writing the reply...

My guess is the scanner belt, it can be easily looked at. They break often.

shattered_dream
01-13-2022, 07:16 AM
My guess is the scanner belt, it can be easily looked at. They break often.

Hmmm since the scanner unit is moving to the shading plate and then stops I think the belt is ok... But will check....
Rest I will check tonight, yesterday didnīt have the time to do this....

Cantechman
01-13-2022, 05:57 PM
Hmmm since the scanner unit is moving to the shading plate and then stops I think the belt is ok... But will check....
Rest I will check tonight, yesterday didnīt have the time to do this....

Well then it's not the belt if it's moving unless it has missing teeth or something which is something I have never seen happen.

shattered_dream
01-18-2022, 10:51 AM
Good morning, problem solved... My wife had some sparetime while I was on work, so she opened the scanner, plugged CN102/CN103 off and on again, and the sacanner started working again... Thanks to all who helped...

Custom Search