PDA

View Full Version : I need help how to scan from konica minolta c454e

Custom Search

Abdo98
01-15-2022, 09:57 PM
Hello my friends I need help how to scan from konica minolta c454e printer in windows 10 I have tried many methods and it did not work can you help, thanks

positiveg
01-15-2022, 10:31 PM
There are two ways.
You can go to scan choose direct entre then user box. Once you already have the userbox created, then you give the file a name and choose your settings, then good to go.
Then go to your computer log into your printer using the printer's IP address, then go to user box and download the file to computer.
Or you can just put the document in the document feeder or scanner glass and do the process directly from the computer.

Let me know if you understood above. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

patrickjlc
01-15-2022, 10:47 PM
Do you have the computer connected thru USB or Network? For scanning you have to use ethernet

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Synthohol
01-15-2022, 10:48 PM
check network properties and make sure file and printer sharing is on
create a folder on the root of the drive called scans.
add a local user called scans, password of Scanner01 (it passes most complexity requirements)
go to properties/sharing for the folder you created
add the user "scan" with full permissions to the share
see if the folder shows up if you open the ip in windows explorer ie: \\192.168.1.10
if the folder is shown you are halfway there.
PSWC and add the registration to the IP (unless your DNS is working well then use computer name)
add the path scans no \\'s for either, the copier will do it itself.
enter the user name scans and the password.
try scanning.
if NG check computer for firewall and add an exception from the copiers IP
if still fails, it may be win 10 HOME edition and well, good luck. professional is easier and works as i listed.
good luck!!

Synthohol
01-16-2022, 03:16 PM
So after I "slept" on it, make sure the ntlm level is set to ver 1/2 or locked in 2.0
It may be windows is refusing connection to a lower security level after updating.

Abdo98
01-17-2022, 01:26 AM
So after I "slept" on it, make sure the ntlm level is set to ver 1/2 or locked in 2.0
It may be windows is refusing connection to a lower security level after updating.

Thanks bro

kingarthur
01-17-2022, 12:30 PM
There are two ways.
You can go to scan choose direct entre then user box. Once you already have the userbox created, then you give the file a name and choose your settings, then good to go.
Then go to your computer log into your printer using the printer's IP address, then go to user box and download the file to computer.
Or you can just put the document in the document feeder or scanner glass and do the process directly from the computer.

Thanks positiveg, you've just helped me solve a problem I've had for a while. Got a customer with a MAC, wanted to scan, but not to email, but to SMB, I know nothing about MACs, couldn't get any help from local MAC dealer, just set up a userbox on her bizhub, and she's happy to scan to userbox & download. how does it work with the 2nd option you've suggested

positiveg
01-17-2022, 12:45 PM
<br><br>Thanks positiveg, you've just helped me solve a problem I've had for a while. Got a customer with a MAC, wanted to scan, but not to email, but to SMB, I know nothing about MACs, couldn't get any help from local MAC dealer, just set up a userbox on her bizhub, and she's happy to scan to userbox &amp; download. how does it work with the 2nd option you've suggested&nbsp;<br>
<br>

You're welcome man anytime. I'm finally glad I'm able to help, because I've got tons of help from others here.

As for the second option. it's pretty much the same. Log in to the printer via it's IP address, so you can find that on the [printer.
got to a browser and log in the program will load up and you can choose scan and scan directly into it save the same way to her laptop.

srvctec
01-18-2022, 09:19 PM
There are two ways.

And to make it even more automated, the OP could install PageScope Box Operator which looks for files scanned into a box on the machine so the user doesn't have to navigate to it through the PageScope web interface. We have a few customers using this feature and it works pretty flawlessly.

positiveg
01-18-2022, 11:40 PM
And to make it even more automated, the OP could install PageScope Box Operator which looks for files scanned into a box on the machine so the user doesn't have to navigate to it through the PageScope web interface. We have a few customers using this feature and it works pretty flawlessly.Nice I'll look for that. Anything to make the shop more effective and efficient I'm interested in.

srvctec
01-19-2022, 04:25 PM
Nice I'll look for that. Anything to make the shop more effective and efficient I'm interested in.

Here's the direct link since it's publicly available software.

PageScope Box Operator (https://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/OneStopProductSupport?appMode=public&productId=894&categoryId=4&subCategoryId=ft5)

positiveg
01-19-2022, 11:18 PM
Thanks appreciate it.

wjurls
01-21-2022, 04:06 PM
User box and Pagescope Box Operator are slow. Slow to program, and slow to use. It is also the most reliable method. Because you are reaching out from the computer to retrieve (similar to Twain), it isn't blocked by firewalls or security filters like it would be when forced in via SMB. I keep PS box Op on my keychain thumb drive and use it as a Hail Mary when all other options are exhausted.

When Scan to SMB works, it is the fastest method to retrieve scans. Setup is slow for large offices because every work station will require the folder and settings that Synth mentioned above. SMB is also at the mercy of Microsoft, IT Departments, firewalls, content filters, etc. We've seen it many times when a new security update is rolled out and most machines in the field quit scanning. MACS are also pretty easy to setup for scan to via SMB. Just a few settings on the machine need to be addressed.

Scan to email is the fastest to program. Particularly for large companies with numerous destinations. Scan to email is also the most versatile because you can send scans to anyone, anywhere. Operating systems are irrelevant. Like SMB, a simple security update by the email provider or filters will result in aggravation.

FTP is another option, but to use it, all computers need to be setup with static IP addresses because DNS doesn't work with it. The ftp software must also be installed on every work station. Otherwise, it works similarly to SMB scanning.

Custom Search