PDA

View Full Version : Good company for reliable Hard Drives?

Custom Search

SAR
01-18-2022, 01:45 PM
Not sure where our IT guy is getting ours from, but we have started getting bad ones right out of the package.
If anyone has a source you can recommend for reliable hard drives for copiers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Gift
01-18-2022, 02:28 PM
Not sure where our IT guy is getting ours from, but we have started getting bad ones right out of the package.
If anyone has a source you can recommend for reliable hard drives for copiers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Not really, I buy every now and then a batch of HDDs from wherever it's cheap to get, usually Western Digital but I'm not really brand-picky. You might avoid stuff labaled as "re-certified/refurbished" drives though.

copier tech
01-18-2022, 04:52 PM

Depending on what you need these for go with SSD no moving parts less likely to fail.

Cavia
01-18-2022, 05:25 PM
Western Digital are very reliable.
In particular, the WD RED NAS are designed to last.
If the HDD (Printer) is accessed by many users for large prints (in terms of file size), you should be definitely looking into SSDs tho.

Phil B.
01-18-2022, 08:54 PM
Western Digital are very reliable.
In particular, the WD RED NAS are designed to last.
If the HDD (Printer) is accessed by many users for large prints (in terms of file size), you should be definitely looking into SSDs tho.SSD cannot be used in all machines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

srvctec
01-18-2022, 09:13 PM
I'm pretty sure we get all our replacement HDDs from Memory Experts (https://www.memoryexpertsinc.com/) in addition to surge protectors for all our machines. Our service manager has been getting them from there for many years and the people are great to work with. Prices are about 1/2 or 1/3 of the OEM KonicaMinolta drives and they last just as long.

KenB
01-18-2022, 09:23 PM
Stay away from refurbs.

My experience is that they normally last until about a month after the warranty expires, then "Poof!".

Synthohol
01-18-2022, 10:09 PM
30% less and they work. ive used them.
has to be E models though
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/51552d1642543745-good-company-reliable-hard-drives-hdd-jpg

copyman
01-19-2022, 12:54 PM
Have had good results with "Memory Experts"

Drivee
01-20-2022, 08:42 AM
If you use SSD, pay extra money for good HDD. There is a lot if cheap SSD which will last only 2-3 year. Kingston etc..china.

Custom Search