PDA

View Full Version : Image Skewed

Custom Search

MartyjH
12-24-2008, 04:31 PM
I have a Konica 8050. It prints via a Fiery rip server. When I print PDF files, the image is off center. (either to left or right) How do I fix this?

I had the roller changed. Is it an issue calibration? :(:confused:

When I print the same image to another machine not using fiery, the image is perfect.

Reyes2424
12-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I think I may be helpful, but I need a little more info. You say you printed the file on another machine, but was it single sided, was the machine set for face up exit? What type of paper were you using? What do the internal print outs look like? For example...ps test print, pcl print out, config sheet!

The answer to these questions are very important. Internal print outs can tell you if it is machine related or fiery related, Also you fail to tell us which fiery you are dealing with.

On the surface it sounds like a machine issue, probaly vertical related or turnover section related.

If you can tell us the anwer to these questions, we should be able to help.

Sean486
12-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Look for a print image centering adjustment on the copier. I forget exactly where it is, I'm sure it's the copier not the Fiery that needs to be adjusted.

time2fly
12-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Check your paper tray alignment also.

MartyjH
12-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I think I may be helpful, but I need a little more info. You say you printed the file on another machine, but was it single sided, was the machine set for face up exit? What type of paper were you using? What do the internal print outs look like? For example...ps test print, pcl print out, config sheet!

The answer to these questions are very important. Internal print outs can tell you if it is machine related or fiery related, Also you fail to tell us which fiery you are dealing with.

On the surface it sounds like a machine issue, probaly vertical related or turnover section related.

If you can tell us the anwer to these questions, we should be able to help.

Yes. It was single sided. It exited face down. I tried the bybass tray, but with no luck. I have used everything from a 28# coated to regular 20#. Prints fine on a black and white printer. internal prints I will try today.

Where do I look for the print image center adjustment on the machine?

The tech did a try adjustment and changed the rollers. He seemed a bit baffled too. I have no alternative for techs on the contract. Any help would be appreciated. very frustrating.

time2fly
12-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Does this happen when you print only or does it also happen when you copy? There is a setting in the fiery will let calibrate the copier to the fiery. If you get this problem when you copy and print then it's something other than your fiery, make sure your stack of paper in the tray has no folded pages at the bottom of the stack and if the tech just changed the tires on the feed rollers then it's possible they're on backwards now this doesn't usually affect the paper feed but it can be the cause.

random
12-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Does the print look off center in the preview from command workstation? If you are printing a custom size you may need a rip patch. The IP921 and IP901 had a problem where custom sizes always printed offset to one side.

MartyjH
12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Does the print look off center in the preview from command workstation? If you are printing a custom size you may need a rip patch. The IP921 and IP901 had a problem where custom sizes always printed offset to one side.

YES! I knoticed that. How do I fix it? That is why I thought it was the Fiery server. The print preview shows it off to one side. I print fine when I go to one of the other B&W machines not using the Fiery rip drive.

Custom Search