PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Developer Unit Doctor Blade Jig (.3mf files availiable for download)

Custom Search

orestesp
01-21-2022, 06:02 PM
On the subject of developer units for the C6500 - For the slim chance this may help someone who is looking to adjust the gap of the doctor blade - before you do this: this is supposedly set by factory and is not to be messed around with. While this is true, I had a unit that the gap on the one side was just too narrow, resulting in almost no density on the one side while normal density on the other.

Before throwing the unit away, I thought I could at least try adjusting the gap and see what happens - the unit still had life in it (was at 200k) and it had good developer in it. After adjusting the gap, although I didn't get it perfect, it was 90% of the way it should be and definitely much better than before.

So I designed these - they come in 0.70, 0.75 and 0.80 mm variants. The factory gap is said to be around 0.70 to 0.80 mm (according to https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/93363-c6501-doctor-blade-gap-width.html?93363=#post441764 and what I was told by a fellow member of this forum). They are designed to fit the mag roller of the unit, which is approximately 31 mm in diameter.

Things to note:

• The thickness of these WILL vary depending on both your slicer settings and the dimensional accuracy that your printer can accommodate. So validate the proper thickness with your calipers after printing and adjust as needed.
• The tip of the jig WILL be thicker than the rest of the tool due to the seam that the slicer adds there - the seam is necessary and unavoidable. However this is very easy to fix - with a pair of flush cutting pliers, simply snap that part off the jig so you only have the uniform thickness part in the end.

Hope you found this at least interesting, if not helpful.

L0rdC
01-25-2022, 07:04 PM
On the subject of developer units for the C6500 - For the slim chance this may help someone who is looking to adjust the gap of the doctor blade - before you do this: this is supposedly set by factory and is not to be messed around with. While this is true, I had a unit that the gap on the one side was just too narrow, resulting in almost no density on the one side while normal density on the other.

Before throwing the unit away, I thought I could at least try adjusting the gap and see what happens - the unit still had life in it (was at 200k) and it had good developer in it. After adjusting the gap, although I didn't get it perfect, it was 90% of the way it should be and definitely much better than before.

So I designed these - they come in 0.70, 0.75 and 0.80 mm variants. The factory gap is said to be around 0.70 to 0.80 mm (according to https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/93363-c6501-doctor-blade-gap-width.html?93363=#post441764 and what I was told by a fellow member of this forum). They are designed to fit the mag roller of the unit, which is approximately 31 mm in diameter.

Things to note:

• The thickness of these WILL vary depending on both your slicer settings and the dimensional accuracy that your printer can accommodate. So validate the proper thickness with your calipers after printing and adjust as needed.
• The tip of the jig WILL be thicker than the rest of the tool due to the seam that the slicer adds there - the seam is necessary and unavoidable. However this is very easy to fix - with a pair of flush cutting pliers, simply snap that part off the jig so you only have the uniform thickness part in the end.

Hope you found this at least interesting, if not helpful.

I only had to disassemble two doctor blades in years as a technician and the last one was on this machine due to pieces of plastic from deterioration of the unit that were blocking the flow of the roller, I have used a 3d printer to make broken machine parts, but I never know It had occurred to me that they could be so useful, I find your design interesting and useful, I'll print it! Hahaha ;)

orestesp
01-29-2022, 01:02 PM
I only had to disassemble two doctor blades in years as a technician and the last one was on this machine due to pieces of plastic from deterioration of the unit that were blocking the flow of the roller, I have used a 3d printer to make broken machine parts, but I never know It had occurred to me that they could be so useful, I find your design interesting and useful, I'll print it! Hahaha ;)

Glad you like them :)

Custom Search