PDA

View Full Version : power switch question

Custom Search

rrrohan
01-24-2022, 08:40 AM
had a really weird glitch in the matrix today

I had a C360i locking up. in this situation it froze upon entering CE code and clicking ok/end

I switch the main power off on the RHS machine switch and it stayed on. not just for a second i had enough time to get my phone out and film it and i beleive it would of stayed powered on for ever.

am i miss understanding the power switch? should this cut power no questions asked

Gift
01-24-2022, 09:00 AM
had a really weird glitch in the matrix today

I had a C360i locking up. in this situation it froze upon entering CE code and clicking ok/end

I switch the main power off on the RHS machine switch and it stayed on. not just for a second i had enough time to get my phone out and film it and i beleive it would of stayed powered on for ever.

am i miss understanding the power switch? should this cut power no questions asked

I think the main switch for i series does not cut the power by itself anymore (like most ricoh models) - so there's some sort of relais circuit doing the shotdown. The advantage is that the controller can "hold" the shutdown procedure in certain moments like nVME usage.

rrrohan
01-24-2022, 09:02 AM
oh that makes sense

tmmdmmm
01-24-2022, 04:35 PM
I think the main switch for i series does not cut the power by itself anymore (like most ricoh models) - so there's some sort of relais circuit doing the shotdown. The advantage is that the controller can "hold" the shutdown procedure in certain moments like nVME usage.

Can confirm. Main power switch does very little for the first 15 seconds, and after that there is still 5v being supplied to boards. Only way to completely cut power is to unplug

Specific boards: BASEB, DCPU, DEDB, PC-XXX, LU-302. All have 5.1 VDC when the main power is off but power chord is connected.

kingarthur
01-24-2022, 04:43 PM
Can't remember if it's in the manual, or a bulletin, but it dies say that turning the main switch off, does not cut the power to the machine, and to make sure it is unplugged before carrying out any work

tsbservice
01-24-2022, 08:22 PM
Can't remember if it's in the manual, or a bulletin, but it dies say that turning the main switch off, does not cut the power to the machine, and to make sure it is unplugged before carrying out any work

Yes it's in service manual....when they first came out experienced English engineer mentioned it. Kudos old school = right school.

Custom Search