PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Original left on glass message

Custom Search

brantekcc
01-28-2022, 06:18 AM
Good day all

hope you all well

could i please get some advise , i have a Konica Minolta Bizub C300i (Olivetti d-Color MF309) the machine keeps saying original left on glass when trying to use the doc feeder , i have adjusted the doc feeder , cleaned the platen glass and cleaned the paper size sensors under the glass , has anyone maybe had the same issue and resolved in a different way would be keen to hear the remedy to resolve please
thank you

tsbservice
01-28-2022, 06:24 AM
May sound strange but at what FW version and Function version is machine?

Gift
01-28-2022, 07:08 AM
Does it lit the scaner lamp during closing the DF (I guess the i series still does ist for detecting the original width) - there should be some sensor detecting the angle, perhaps something is wong at that end.

B0265
01-28-2022, 07:24 AM
Check the Scan Area adjustment in service mode, we had a similar problem and found that that the "Side Edge" was out of position.

copier tech
01-28-2022, 07:38 AM
Good day all

hope you all well

could i please get some advise , i have a Konica Minolta Bizub C300i (Olivetti d-Color MF309) the machine keeps saying original left on glass when trying to use the doc feeder , i have adjusted the doc feeder , cleaned the platen glass and cleaned the paper size sensors under the glass , has anyone maybe had the same issue and resolved in a different way would be keen to hear the remedy to resolve please
thank you

Update the firmware & function version.

Also reseat the CCD connections.

femaster
01-29-2022, 10:06 PM
As other's have said, update the firmware. Below a from a Knowledge Base article:

"Original left on glass" message
Problem Solution

ID: KBA00051407

Related Products:bizhub C360i,bizhub C250i,bizhub C300i,MFX-C2595i,MFX-C3095i,MFX-C3695i

Problem:
"Original left on glass" message with no original left on the glass.

Solution:
CAUSE: Firmware requires updating.

SOLUTION: Install firmware version GG1-73 or newer. The latest version firmware is available for download via One Stop Product Support.

© 2022 - Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc.

Synthohol
01-29-2022, 10:18 PM
try these.

11.3.13 Non-ImageAreaEraseCheck
(1) Use
 The non-image area erase function may not work properly under bright light source. Incoming light quantity is checked to verify that the
non-image area erase function can work properly under the environment.
 Verification results are shown as follows:

OK
Works properly.

NG1
Works properly. However, data that may interfere with the non-image area erase function was
found. This function may not work well with dark original.

NG2
Data that may interfere with the non-image area erase function was found.

Use this feature when installing a new machine or reinstalling a machine in a new place.
 Use this feature when the non-image area erase function fails to work properly due to the changes of the surrounding environment at the
installation site.
(2) Procedure
1 Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2 Touch these keys in this order: .Machine/ -> .Non-Image Area Erase Check/.
3 Press the Start key to start a check.
NOTE
 Beforethecheck,makesurethattheDFiscomplet elyopened.Inaddition,makesurethatnoscratch orstainexistsonthe
originalglass.
4 Check the result is “OK.”
* If the check result is “NG1” or “NG2,” reinstall the machine in another place or adjust the orientation of the machine to reduce light incidence
on the machine. Then, perform the check again.
11.3.14 ADFScanGlassContamination
(1) Use
 To check the stain on the DF original glass and display the result.
NOTE
 IftheresultisNG,“NG1”or“NG2”isdisplayed.
NG1correspondstothedetectionofstainonthef rontsideandNG2correspondstothatontheback side.
 To manually perform the pre-detection of the stain which is normally conducted when the main power switch is turned ON, recovering
from the sleep/low power mode, etc.
 .ADF Scan Glass Contamination/ will be conducted with the detection level set by the following setting.
.Service Mode/ -> .System 2/ -> .ADF Scan Glass Contamin. Set./ -> .ADF Scan Glass Contamin. Sensitivity/
When the above setting is set to “Not Set”, “NG1” or “NG2” will be displayed even though the pre-detection is conducted.
(2) Procedure
1 Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2 Touch these keys in this order: .Machine/ -> .ADF Scan Glass Contamination/.
3 Press the start key to start the pre-detection.
4 Check to make sure that “OK” is displayed for the result.
* When the result says “NG1” or “NG2”, clean the glass and check again.

femaster
01-29-2022, 10:39 PM
try these.

11.3.13 Non-ImageAreaEraseCheck

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just used this procedure on a C360I this past Friday. I've never used it before, so not exactly sure if I did it correctly or not. Every time I ran it, I always got NG2. Maybe I just didn't understand the procedure properly? If I'm reading that procedure correctly, you run the test in a darkened room with the ADF completely open (sky shot)? When I attempted to do this, all the lights in the room were off, the copier was hiding behind a cubical wall, opposite the windows in the room, on a cloudy day, so it couldn't get much darker than that, yet always received an NG2. I eventually wheeled the copier into a stockroom with no windows, turned off the lights and ran it in complete darkness, then it came back OK. If this is the proper procedure, I don't see how this is of any help at all. What are the odds that you can obtain complete darkness in ANY customer's office setting, ever...

tsbservice
01-29-2022, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just used this procedure on a C360I this past Friday. I've never used it before, so not exactly sure if I did it correctly or not. Every time I ran it, I always got NG2. Maybe I just didn't understand the procedure properly? If I'm reading that procedure correctly, you run the test in a darkened room with the ADF completely open (sky shot)? When I attempted to do this, all the lights in the room were off, the copier was hiding behind a cubical wall, opposite the windows in the room, on a cloudy day, so it couldn't get much darker than that, yet always received an NG2. I eventually wheeled the copier into a stockroom with no windows, turned off the lights and ran it in complete darkness, then it came back OK. If this is the proper procedure, I don't see how this is of any help at all. What are the odds that you can obtain complete darkness in ANY customer's office setting, ever...
Non image area erase check is part of every install we made.
That said it's tricky to get OK. Imho it works randomly at best.
And I tried everything. It just doesn't make sense so I make it for a good measure no matter of results.

Synthohol
01-29-2022, 11:06 PM
we setup machines in our warehouse and frequently turn off and on the lights for this.
in the field ive used a black garbage bag like a tent over the scanner as tall as the top of the feeder and it helps.
there is also the .ADF Scan Glass Contamin. Sensitivity can help too.

femaster
01-30-2022, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I really wasn't sure if I was properly understanding the procedure or not. I've read about this before, but up until this past week, I've never actually done it. Matter of fact nobody at our office has ever done it. I've never seen the need to, as output quality from the copiers have never been an issue before, whether it was in our office during setup, or after install at the customer's site.

The only reason it was attempted this past week is the C360I was giving some shading on the top edge of both images when doing a test of the Card Shot function. Normal copying was perfect. We had attempted numerous other things to clean up the Card Shot including image centering, background removal, gradation adjustments, etc. etc. I figured I'd give non-image area erase a try, and once I finally managed to get an OK out of it, it only improved the output ever so slightly. It really wasn't worth the trouble to be honest. Most customers will never use that function anyway, so we left it as it was, with the slight shading present.

allan
01-31-2022, 11:01 AM
In service mode go to original detection then toggle from table1 to table2 leave SM then enter again and toggle back.
Got no idea why that works but does most of the time...

Shadow
01-31-2022, 03:18 PM
Back to the basics first!!
Check the alignment of the document feeder if your getting shading on the images.
The other issue could be the paper detection sensor under the glass on the far right had side.
I always check the DF alignment what ever I encounter this issue, solves most quickly.

bearyb
06-05-2023, 09:51 PM
Update the firmware & function version.

Also reseat the CCD connections.

I second this suggestion. Nothing fixed it until I re-seated the CCD and APS Photoreflector (A161M50A00) connectors.

Woxner
06-06-2023, 12:45 AM
doing the set up directions has always fixed this for me and other techs. the front of the feeder will always look like it's up a little bit. not like the older series where it was flat on the front. evn if the edge erase does not work the procedure works.

Custom Search