PDA

View Full Version : remote see the web interface from the internet

Custom Search

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 01:27 PM
Hello friend.first post here,i hope i get some help. Also,excuse my english it's not my native language.
I want in a Konika Minolta C220 to access its web interface from anywhere on the planet. BUT i dont want to install any software on a computer in its lan.
can i do what i want??
i thought to add a DDNS like no-ip.com and access the copier with the name i will have on no-ip.com.
BUT in a PC this would need the no-ip's software (updater) .
is there a way i can use it in the copier directly without the need to install some software to a pc?

thank you in advance

copyman
01-28-2022, 01:49 PM
Hello friend.first post here,i hope i get some help. Also,excuse my english it's not my native language.
I want in a Konika Minolta C220 to access its web interface from anywhere on the planet. BUT i dont want to install any software on a computer in its lan.
can i do what i want??
i thought to add a DDNS like no-ip.com and access the copier with the name i will have on no-ip.com.
is there a way i can use it in the copier directly without the need to install some software to a pc?

thank you in advance

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure why you want to connect that way but must have a reason.

Connect with USB cable. Not sure if you can access the web page with USB connection?

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 01:52 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure why you want to connect that way but must have a reason.

Connect with USB cable. Not sure if you can access the web page with USB connection?

i mean i want to access the web page of the copier from a different town!!
the copier is in town A and i want from town B to open a computer and access the copier's web page

emujo2
01-28-2022, 03:30 PM
You would have to give the machine a public facing IP and add it to the DMZ..Like a company broadcasting it's website for general public use..I can't imagine any decent IT guy allowing this, but hey, what do I know. this is probably a gold mind to a hacker..E

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 03:39 PM
ok since i dont have anthing on this network that could harm me even if i am hacked,can you please tell me how to do this please?

also out of curiousity, isnt there another way more secure?

srvctec
01-28-2022, 04:06 PM
ok since i dont have anthing on this network that could harm me even if i am hacked,can you please tell me how to do this please?

also out of curiousity, isnt there another way more secure?

Set up a VPN appliance and then a tunnel to your location.

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 04:18 PM
Set up a VPN appliance and then a tunnel to your location.

Can i do this without installing extra software on the pc since i am not allowed to?

RudyNYC
01-28-2022, 04:20 PM
Remote into a local computer and navigate from there.

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 04:32 PM
I need a solution that would work even with the pc is turned off

srvctec
01-28-2022, 04:37 PM
Can i do this without installing extra software on the pc since i am not allowed to?

Yes but if you're not allowed to install software on the PC, that begs the question as to what you're up to. Because it sounds like you're trying to get around protocols already in place to prevent people doing exactly what you want to do.

copier tech
01-28-2022, 04:53 PM
can i do what i want??

thank you in advance

I don't want to sound harsh but this is such an old machine & most browsers are not supported. For a start you would need to update the firmware then most likely you could use Chrome this is all before you work out how to access it remotely.

RudyNYC
01-28-2022, 04:59 PM
forward the port on the modem

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 05:21 PM
I have updated to the last firmware.
Ok i will forward the port. Next what??
How can i see the machine from the internet? From another town?
Guide me someone please

srvctec
01-28-2022, 05:48 PM
i have updated to the last firmware.
Ok i will forward the port. Next what??
How can i see the machine from the internet? From another town?
Guide me someone please

Are you frickin' serious??!!

Google it!!!!!

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 05:54 PM
I am googling it for 10 days on a row. I cannot find hownto accomplish what i want thats why i am asking here

emujo2
01-28-2022, 06:45 PM
We are copier techs, and in many cases experts when it comes to scanning and printing, but very few of us are certified IT professionals outside of A+ Net+..If you really want to do this hire a IT professional..It probably will result in failure..

Samanator
01-28-2022, 07:39 PM
I have to wonder about this guys purpose for wanting access to the machines web interface from anywhere on the planet.

If its legit, like to keep an eye on click counts, toner, and error messages, there are plenty of other ways to do that. The essayist being email reporting.

However in all this conversation, the guy never really states the clear reason he wishes for total machine access.

I find this undertaking questionable and this guy kinda sneaky.

So I will straight up ask;

hamurabi, what is the reason you wish to access to this machine from anywhere?

ThePomqueteer
01-28-2022, 07:39 PM
I'd like to preface this by saying that while I don't recommend doing this, this is what I would do to accomplish what you want.

I'm probably just regurgitating what others have posted but maybe it will help.

I also highly recommend setting up an access range on the copier so only computers on your local network can print to this device (if the device even supports that, from the other posts sounds like an old machine).

First, in the location with the copier, go into the router set up port forwarding and have it point to the IP of the copier.

You can also do DMZ method by putting copier IP in the DMZ section, but I wouldn't recommend it (I really wouldn't recommend doing this in general but you have a bit more security with the first option).

After that, see if it shows your public IP in the router, if you're having trouble just google 'what is my IP' and it will show you your public IP.

Then go to remote location and from a web browser either:

A) put in the public IP followed by the port ex. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy where x is your IP and y is your port you forwarded
B) put in the public IP if you used the DMZ method

You should get the web interface of the copier.

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 07:45 PM
I have to wonder about this guys purpose for wanting access to the machines web interface from anywhere on the planet.

If its legit, like to keep an eye on click counts, toner, and error messages, there are plenty of other ways to do that. The essayist being email reporting.

However in all this conversation, the guy never really states the clear reason he wishes for total machine access.

I find this undertaking questionable and this guy kinda sneaky.

So I will straight up ask;

hamurabi, what is the reason you wish to access to this machine from anywhere?

Don't think of conspiracys all the time, the coin has and Another side.
I just want to see my copiers ink status. I dont care how.
If i can be informed by email thenjust let me know how to do it.
I see in the machine that emails can only inform me of the total numbers of copies. If i am wrong you can let me know please

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 07:50 PM
I'd like
I also highly recommend setting up an access range on the copier so only computers on your local network can print to this device (if the device even supports that, from the other posts sounds like an old machine).

First, in the location with the copier, go into the router set up port forwarding and have it point to the IP of the copier.

You can also do DMZ method by putting copier IP in the DMZ section, but I wouldn't recommend it (I really wouldn't recommend doing this in general but you have a bit more security with the first option).

After that, see if it shows your public IP in the router, if you're having trouble just google 'what is my IP' and it will show you your public IP.

Then go to remote location and from a web browser either:

A) put in the public IP followed by the port ex. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy where x is your IP and y is your port you forwarded
B) put in the public IP if you used the DMZ method

You should get the web interface of the copier.

So in the first option i do the port forward, and point it to the ip of the copier.
The ip of the is something like 192.168.1.19.
How will i Access this from another network? Since it is NOT an external ip so i can see from the internet.

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Samanator;2081423, there are plenty of other ways to do that. The essayist being email reporting.
[/QUOTE]

Since you know many ways to do this why dont you tell me a few to help me?

Synthohol
01-28-2022, 09:17 PM
Just set email notifications in admin mode, you can have it email you daily for any jams, codes, messages for consumables etc..
Why don't you get a service manual and find the procedure?

The last line is snarky because it would be polite to ask for the procedure followed by the word please. Not just "why don't you tell me how"

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 09:22 PM
Ι have read the manual and i dont see notifications via email for the ink.
It lets you know only when the ink is over
. This doesn't help me, i want to know before it is over.

tsbservice
01-28-2022, 09:36 PM
Ι have read the manual and i dont see notifications via email for the ink.
It lets you know only when the ink is over
. This doesn't help me, i want to know before it is over.

No way to know this via email notifications on KM especially that old model.
We use third party products like PrintFleet (paid) to notify us and for monitoring.
Are you tech or enduser?

hamurabi
01-28-2022, 09:44 PM
I am enduser.
These third party apps how they communicate with the copier?

tsbservice
01-28-2022, 09:55 PM
Managed Print Software | Managed Print Services | ECI (https://www.ecisolutions.com/en-gb/office-technology/print-management/)

Gift
01-29-2022, 09:51 AM
Many years ago I used a service called DynDNS to access a FTP server in my home. I thing you can still use it with most routers if you like so there's no need to have a PC running with n updater tool.

Toxic
01-29-2022, 12:13 PM
In my office i have router with vpn server set up.
When i connect to that router from my home pc i am connected to work network and have access to all devices on the network.

copier addict
01-29-2022, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if this will work, but could you connect a raspberry pi with team viewer installed and access that way?

BillyCarpenter
01-29-2022, 06:31 PM
There are plenty of videos and articles on port forwarding with no-ip. I do all the time when installing security cameras. Never tried it with a copier. First thing you need to know is what ports to forward. Also, all routers differ when trying to set up port forward. Why kind os ISP router do you have? What ports do you need to forward? That's work that you're gonna have to do for yourself.

slimslob
01-29-2022, 06:55 PM
i mean i want to access the web page of the copier from a different town!!
the copier is in town A and i want from town B to open a computer and access the copier's web page

Just setup a computer next to the copier that has access to the copier web page. Then access that computer remotely. The other option is to setup up a secure VPN. Most modern internet modems allow you to do that with the copiers location being the host. Companies worldwide are doing it everyday for people working at home but needing access to data at the office and to print to a device at the office.

BillyCarpenter
01-29-2022, 08:17 PM
I don't want to sound harsh but this is such an old machine & most browsers are not supported. For a start you would need to update the firmware then most likely you could use Chrome this is all before you work out how to access it remotely.

After further review, I agree. The juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze.

slimslob
01-29-2022, 09:00 PM
After further review, I agree. The juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze.

Considering that he is from Athens, Greece he might not be able to afford anything else.

ThePomqueteer
01-31-2022, 04:19 PM
So in the first option i do the port forward, and point it to the ip of the copier.
The ip of the is something like 192.168.1.19.
How will i Access this from another network? Since it is NOT an external ip so i can see from the internet.

On the computer, just type in 'Whats my IP' in google and it should tell you your external IP. Then on the remote computer put the external IP plus the port you set up in port forwarding.

So if your external IP is 164.35.25.12 and the port you are forwarding is 6080 (for example) you would put in the remote computer 164.35.25.12:6080 and you should see the web interface for the copier.

Keep in mind if your IP is dynamic through the ISP this external IP could change at any point so you may have to go back to confirm the external IP hasn't changed.

slimslob
01-31-2022, 05:37 PM
On the computer, just type in 'Whats my IP' in google and it should tell you your external IP. Then on the remote computer put the external IP plus the port you set up in port forwarding.

So if your external IP is 164.35.25.12 and the port you are forwarding is 6080 (for example) you would put in the remote computer 164.35.25.12:6080 and you should see the web interface for the copier.

Keep in mind if your IP is dynamic through the ISP this external IP could change at any point so you may have to go back to confirm the external IP hasn't changed.

If he is mobile with a laptop, he could have a different IP from different locations. A VPN service at the copier location coupled with a VPN client on the laptop will take care of that.

hamurabi
01-31-2022, 08:16 PM
in case that there is no pc in the place that there is the copier, how can i do it?

slimslob
01-31-2022, 08:57 PM
in case that there is no pc in the place that there is the copier, how can i do it?

Check with the internet provider for where the copier is located about setting up a VPN. Most internet modems whether DSL, cable or satellite can support VPN. Many routers also can.

rrrohan
02-01-2022, 01:16 AM
if your leaving its web interface open to outside world make sure u change admin password.

and since anyone could print to it as a result id also enable account track or user auth so no one trolls you since you will likely appear on Shodan.io

hamurabi
02-01-2022, 01:24 AM
Thank you all for the help

Custom Search