PDA

View Full Version : Feed Roller Tape

Custom Search

copyman
01-29-2022, 01:04 AM
Many years ago there was a tech aid called feed roller tape. Anyone know somewhere to buy it or thing of the past?

A relative has old Sharp AR160 that needs the Fat D shaped rollers. The model isn't even listed anymore or very few items with all my vendors.

So looks like only option is the roller tape.

Thanks in advance

ZOOTECH
01-29-2022, 01:21 AM
On some of the older machines, the rubber of the pickup roller could be removed and turned 180 degrees. This would give you a ‘new’ lead edge for pickup.

Synthohol
01-29-2022, 01:25 AM
On some of the older machines, the rubber of the pickup roller could be removed and turned 180 degrees. This would give you a ‘new’ lead edge for pickup.

i reverse adf take-up rubbers all the time!!
gets a whole second life with the chamfered edges to its advantage!

blackcat4866
01-29-2022, 01:30 AM
On some of the older machines, the rubber could be removed and turned 180 degrees. This would give you a ‘new’ lead edge for pickup.

On the HP's ... yes sure. The flat side had zero wear. So I'd peel off the rubber and rotate the unworn side to the leading edge of the "D". Unfortunately, the AR-160 rollers are a molded "D" shaped roller, not a rubber cylinder on a "D" shaped hub.

You might try cleaning the rubber with WD40. I'd been able to get a bit more usage that way. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
01-29-2022, 02:18 AM
Many years ago there was a tech aid called feed roller tape. Anyone know somewhere to buy it or thing of the past?

A relative has old Sharp AR160 that needs the Fat D shaped rollers. The model isn't even listed anymore or very few items with all my vendors.

Thanks in advance

I can't see how to buy this easily but maybe some type of thin, friction tape could work.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40066688/

slimslob
01-29-2022, 02:29 AM
I can't see how to buy this easily but maybe some type of thin, friction tape could work.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40066688/

Only sources I can find for 3M 5461 want you to buy in bulk like this from Amazon. 3M Traction Tape 5461, 50 mm x 15 m, 9.1 mil, 24 Rolls per case: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific (https://www.amazon.com/3M-69478-case-Traction-Tape-White/dp/B0768P3K1W)

slimslob
01-29-2022, 02:49 AM

Thanks in advance

If I remember correctly a couple of places we used to get that tape were Copylite and Precision Roller. I checked both sites and neither one had any listed.

copyman
01-29-2022, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately Cat is right and these are molded D shaped rollers with ribs on paper contact side. It sucks because I remember using that tape on this same model and it worked great. It was pretty sticky but would still krazy glue the ends, last thing you want is for a piece of sticky tape to get fed into machine:rolleyes:

Just a side note, brought back a lot of memories going through 4 boxes of old Sharp parts looking for those rollers (probably would of been dry rotted if I found them). Looking at the parts I remembered what most were for, one was the recycle tube for old analog box, think model was 2020, the big recycle spring would wear right through tube. Big metal gears from the real old analog machines, parts from 7900/8300, etc etc. Weird how if you do something many times it can stick with you for life.

blackcat4866
02-13-2022, 07:38 PM
Do you see anything useful here?

I'm cleaning old crap out of my basement. You're welcome to anything that you can use.
I think the larger "D" shaped rollers came off an analog Ricoh. =^..^=

copiertec
02-13-2022, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately Cat is right and these are molded D shaped rollers with ribs on paper contact side. It sucks because I remember using that tape on this same model and it worked great. It was pretty sticky but would still krazy glue the ends, last thing you want is for a piece of sticky tape to get fed into machine:rolleyes:

Just a side note, brought back a lot of memories going through 4 boxes of old Sharp parts looking for those rollers (probably would of been dry rotted if I found them). Looking at the parts I remembered what most were for, one was the recycle tube for old analog box, think model was 2020, the big recycle spring would wear right through tube. Big metal gears from the real old analog machines, parts from 7900/8300, etc etc. Weird how if you do something many times it can stick with you for life.

Ahh, memories, I remember the recycling spring tubes on those SF-2020 and the waste bottle that would harden up constantly. On the AR-160, I believe (if memory serves me correctly), Sharp came out with a newer design where the rollers snapped on and off the shaft, I always remember the OG feed rollers, the molded ones, always having feed issues though tray 1. Have you looked at the feed clutch? Sometimes the factory grease would get gunked up and cause it not to go back into place and cause the feed tires to hang up and not return to home position? Those famous Sharp spring clutches.
I had a roll of feed tape I found about a year ago but it was all sticky from the adhesive oozing from the roll so I threw it out. We used to use feed tape on the old SF-8100, 8250's and the SF-760's etc.

blackcat4866
02-13-2022, 10:20 PM
I forgot all about the stupid white plastic spring-wrap clutches. We used to clean those and lubricate then with Marvel Mystery Oil. The thing about Marvel is that it evaporates, leaving the clutch dry in about 1 year. =^..^=

copyman
02-14-2022, 03:27 AM
Do you see anything useful here?

I'm cleaning old crap out of my basement. You're welcome to anything that you can use.
I think the larger "D" shaped rollers came off an analog Ricoh. =^..^=

Hi Cat

Didn't see this post until just now. Thanks for the offer but I already was able to special order the new style rollers on shaft from Precision roller. First time I checked PR I didn't see it but then I searched a different way it showed up and I ordered. Still waiting for back order. Will post part # once I receive it, just in case some other fool working on a Sharp AR series needs them:cool:

mloudy
02-14-2022, 12:44 PM
Looks like PR subbed to this CSFTZ0066RS74
You might be able to find a much better price.

Sharp has them in stock so they shouldn't be on backorder that long.

mloudy
02-15-2022, 04:52 PM
If PR doesn't follow through with the backorder I can hook you up. I pulled a set of feed rollers out of an AR-M207 headed for the scrap yard today. I think it is what you need. Not the easiest thing to swap out the entire feed shaft. If you don't have weiner dog arms like me you will want to flip the copier on its back at some point to get to an e-clip.

and this has been in my tool case FOREVER

copyman
02-15-2022, 07:05 PM
If PR doesn't follow through with the backorder I can hook you up. I pulled a set of feed rollers out of an AR-M207 headed for the scrap yard today. I think it is what you need. Not the easiest thing to swap out the entire feed shaft. If you don't have weiner dog arms like me you will want to flip the copier on its back at some point to get to an e-clip.

and this has been in my tool case FOREVER

Thank you for the offer and may be in touch. PR says they will have it the 16th. Good to know I have a back up just in case.

That is the feed tape I remember !!! I would be surprised if it even sticks after all these years. Not that you will need to use it. Ha-ha
Fortunately the OEM's realized after many years making it hard on us techs to change feed rollers they finally made most rollers easy to change.

Custom Search