PDA

View Full Version : OFF TOPIC

Custom Search

methogod
01-29-2022, 08:29 PM
what is the most bizarre jam you have ever seen?

just pulled a tiny Lego man of the duplex on the desktop Konica printer.

tsbservice
01-29-2022, 08:41 PM
Those ladies called me for paper jams on big analogue Toshiba...it turns out that they forgot a whole knife in the machine from their previous intervention.

patrickjlc
01-29-2022, 09:29 PM
A mouse. Got wedged between gears. Not a fun day...

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

ZOOTECH
01-29-2022, 09:47 PM
I remember a post from one of our CTN techs who said they found a note on copier that said “A pen is stuck in machine causing jams”.
The handwritten note was not carefully written with spacing, and caused quite a stir when pointed out what the note looked like and not what it was meant to say.

blackcat4866
01-29-2022, 11:09 PM
How about this one on a bizhub PRO951? Look carefully ... it's there. I took the registration sensor off three times before seeing it. The paper is statically clinging to the upper guide plate, and would "dance" ... when I discovered it:

And this is on a bizhub PRESS 1100. We knew exactly where it was ... that is: in the duplex path under the fuser. It took over two hours to get there. My question is: "... and why do you need to duplex labels? It's just backing paper on the back."

=^..^=

kingarthur
01-31-2022, 08:36 AM
I think mine has to be a hot cross bun in a clocking in machine, the cleaner took her son into work in a bakery, he got bored...no idea how he managed to get a bun into a slot just about wide enough for 160gsm card....but he did it

allan
01-31-2022, 10:59 AM
A single hair bogged down the paper feed drive on a C35...

kingarthur
01-31-2022, 12:46 PM
A single hair bogged down the paper feed drive on a C35...

I used to go to a hotel, where the cat used to sleep on the top of their A4 copier, full of cat hair...the cat was also a vicious sod, you couldn't go near the copier whilst it was sleeping, and everyone was too scared to move it, I found out the hard way...deep scratches down my arm :D

copyman
01-31-2022, 12:57 PM
A family of mice living on top of the transfer belt at a restaurant. Found one dead being fed into trans belt cleaning blade and other baby mice scattered when I took trans belt out. Needless to say the machine had to be replaced not just for mouse crap & pee everywhere but the wires had been chewed and machine was doing some weird stuff. Hard to believe they can squeeze through a tiny opening to get into copier. Heard they don't have skeleton system which allows them to squeeze through tiny cracks!

suomi
01-31-2022, 01:35 PM
The children had copied eggs on a scanner glass.
The service call was adf not working..

davidmtupper
01-31-2022, 02:28 PM
We had a brand new BH808 the kept having duplex jams and each time it was a screw that had fallen in. Finally figured out that the screws in the the duplex section in the door were falling out on a brand new machine and had to replace that part of the door.

larweedad
01-31-2022, 04:56 PM
Went to a call for Adf jams. One of the managers saw me pull out a straw from a canned air and he said "Oh that's where it went yesterday."

mojorolla
01-31-2022, 09:52 PM
Pulled a Christmas decorated acrylic fingernail from a paper tray feed assembly.....in April.

:)

patrickjlc
01-31-2022, 11:13 PM
How about this one on a bizhub PRO951? Look carefully ... it's there. I took the registration sensor off three times before seeing it. The paper is statically clinging to the upper guide plate, and would "dance" ... when I discovered it:

And this is on a bizhub PRESS 1100. We knew exactly where it was ... that is: in the duplex path under the fuser. It took over two hours to get there. My question is: "... and why do you need to duplex labels? It's just backing paper on the back."

=^..^=I get lots of those stuck labels, from customers printing medicine labels.

As for that little piece of paper, bought a blower and go to town on every paper path and sensor

patrickjlc
01-31-2022, 11:21 PM
A family of mice living on top of the transfer belt at a restaurant. Found one dead being fed into trans belt cleaning blade and other baby mice scattered when I took trans belt out. Needless to say the machine had to be replaced not just for mouse crap & pee everywhere but the wires had been chewed and machine was doing some weird stuff. Hard to believe they can squeeze through a tiny opening to get into copier. Heard they don't have skeleton system which allows them to squeeze through tiny cracks!And you tell them is not covered by any warranty and they get mad... [emoji2373]

Once I had a call for a machine not working, go there and the copier is full of water...

Guess that is normal for doing business in NYC

Albonline
02-01-2022, 07:46 PM
Rat pressed through fuser in an old 2502. exploded into the process unit.

Custom Search