PDA

View Full Version : Toner shortages

Custom Search

allan
01-31-2022, 11:45 AM
Anyone still experiencing toner shortages on the KM machines?
Katun make a killing since last year November.
So the Katun stuff must be of some ok quality if Japan bought out most of there KM toner to use....

positiveg
01-31-2022, 12:17 PM
Hey there Allan and all.
Yeah man I've been searching for toner very hard to get even a full set. I'm looking for yellow for my 454, contacted a supplier who usually buy developer from last night andnge told me he has. If you want me to assist message me would send you his info.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

kingarthur
01-31-2022, 12:43 PM
It seems to be easing, having difficulty getting TN227 full bottles, but getting half bottles fine, Katun are out of stock for TN324/TN512C toner...not expected until end of March/beginning of April, I've been getting empty bottles back from my customers, and splitting a full bottle between, creating my own half bottles.

positiveg
01-31-2022, 12:45 PM
It seems to be easing, having difficulty getting TN227 full bottles, but getting half bottles fine, Katun are out of stock for TN324/TN512C toner...not expected until end of March/beginning of April, I've been getting empty bottles back from my customers, and splitting a full bottle between, creating my own half bottles.Wow. Imagine having to do that. Goes to show that ita really a crunch and got to be mindful of what's happening out there.
I've got two tn512K and 1 C but nothing else. Think I'll try get a set ans hope that as you say by March end everything sorted. Hope it's before then.
And I have paper shortages too. Can't get 11x17

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

allan
01-31-2022, 01:13 PM
The biggest problem here seems to be production toner. The guys have been decanting all over the place. Been using Tn414...

How does a factory burn down twice in a row?

Shadow
01-31-2022, 01:45 PM
The word that we got here was due to Chip Shortages.
KM doesn't have enough chips to process the toner.
How about Drum Shortages??
We have DR313 Colour Drums on order since last October.

allan
01-31-2022, 02:01 PM
Yea there is a shortage of microprocessor chips, that affects all electronics manufactures. Demands up supply is down.
Cause by the 5G roll out??

No silicone chips used on a KM toner chips these days.
Toner factory burned down.

Woxner
01-31-2022, 02:14 PM
Km built a new plant in new york. Orders are catching up. You can use most toner from 4 series and up in any machine. Its all the same stuff. Even production. It all comes from the same hopper.

allan
01-31-2022, 02:19 PM
Km built a new plant in new york. Orders are catching up. You can use most toner from 4 series and up in any machine. Its all the same stuff. Even production. It all comes from the same hopper.

MSDS(material safety data sheets) will prove just that. Only difference is if its got same % WAX-2 and developer or not. Older toners can cause trouble due to higher melt point.
But yes TN414 is the same as TN016!

Amazingly enough bizhub and xerox toners work on each other.

emujo2
01-31-2022, 02:47 PM
It's like gas and oil..It all comes from one big tank, just different labels and pricing..

wjurls
01-31-2022, 08:14 PM
The word that we got here was due to Chip Shortages.
KM doesn't have enough chips to process the toner.
How about Drum Shortages??
We have DR313 Colour Drums on order since last October.

Discount Copier Center shows DR-313's in stock.

SAR
01-31-2022, 08:25 PM
Desperate for some TN-513 toner here. Is there another black OEM toner to use in it's place?
Also hurting on TN-626 toner and the DR-313CMY drums.

allan
02-01-2022, 01:31 PM
desperate for some tn-513 toner here. Is there another black oem toner to use in it's place?
Also hurting on tn-626 toner and the dr-313cmy drums.

tn321
tn512
tn413
tn613
tn711
tn712
tn313

Chris Barton
02-04-2022, 06:00 AM
How does a factory burn down twice in a row?

What happened is that there are two main factories in Japan that manufacture toner for Ricoh, Cannon, Xerox and KM. One had a fire. That shut it down for several months. Then a week after they went back online, there was an explosion. After that they shut down both factories as they were worried the same thing could happen in the second factory. Both (to my knowledge) were back online shortly after Thanksgiving but by that point there was a world wide shortage and they've been trying to catch up ever since.

Drivee
02-04-2022, 06:36 AM
Hi

I am baying:
TN324
TN514
TN321
TN221
TN-216 and TN319

Aftermarket toners. I using them last 7-8 months and they are great! Even if I find OEM I will not bay them anymore. Toner shortage from KM has big impact on my job and I am not happy. I also save some money here.. It is all about baying good brand. I did try some toners from Katun and China, they was bad. Mixing with OEM toenr was not great so I was change some DEV's. With this one I am fine.

Toxic
02-04-2022, 08:01 AM
Then you could share what is toner brand or you will keep it as a secret just for you? :)

Drivee
02-04-2022, 11:00 AM
I got them over Bents Büro. I know that same toners you can find in UK by Weastcoast. I got info from friend that they selling same cartridges. I think that they are from Clovertech. I am 99% sure. Box is brown, just 1 label on box. I can send some pictures..

Synaux
02-07-2022, 03:33 AM
MSDS(material safety data sheets) will prove just that. Only difference is if its got same % WAX-2 and developer or not. Older toners can cause trouble due to higher melt point.
But yes TN414 is the same as TN016!

Amazingly enough bizhub and xerox toners work on each other.

TBH the MSDS isn't all that precise... but yeah
And for some reason I never thought about it now, but I never looked at the MSDS for Katun and other aftermarket toners.

I have been seriously debating on ordering bulk toners on Alibaba.

What I am REALLY hurting for is cyan for c654.

It is to the point where I am considering filling a few c654 toners with c650 toner.

Drivee
02-07-2022, 06:34 AM
Don't order toner from Alibaba. Use good and safe companies. Like, SIXX (Sakata), FGL(Mitsubishi), Integral, Uninet have some good toners.. OPC from FUJI...all of them make something for OEM. Toners from Alibaba can make you more problems..

Synaux
02-07-2022, 04:43 PM
Don't order toner from Alibaba. Use good and safe companies. Like, SIXX (Sakata), FGL(Mitsubishi), Integral, Uninet have some good toners.. OPC from FUJI...all of them make something for OEM. Toners from Alibaba can make you more problems..

I rarely need to order non-OEM, some of those companies I was unaware of, thx.

Trust me, I know the problems with aftermarket toners.
That crap precision roller sells will not work for any meaningful time.
Their motto should be "They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time" because that makes more sense than ordering from them.

Devdumper
02-07-2022, 05:35 PM
Yes I just put a post up. 5002I nationwide shortage. Getting ideas on aftermarket toner to get over the hump

BillyCarpenter
02-07-2022, 05:39 PM
IMHO, the first place everyone should look for aftermarket toner is Static Control. They are the leader in aftermarket toner. Hands down.

Drivee
02-08-2022, 07:06 AM
They selling clones from China. SCC is Apex (China). They start to sell toner cartridges just after accusation. SCC is not a leader in aftermarket toner but some another company from US. It is easy to google..right.

BillyCarpenter
02-08-2022, 08:17 AM
They selling clones from China. SCC is Apex (China). They start to sell toner cartridges just after accusation. SCC is not a leader in aftermarket toner but some another company from US. It is easy to google..right.

Wrong.

The Imaging Aftermarket Leader
For more than 30 years, Static Control has developed and manufactured the toner, microchips and components inside replacement laser and ink jet cartridges. Today, we have taken that experience and applied it to our own line of high quality replacement laser and ink jet cartridges.

I've done business with SCC for over 10 years. They are located in North Carolina where they produce their products in-house. They also sued Lexmark in landmark case for the aftermarket industry.

Facts of the case

Lexmark International, Inc. (Lexmark) is a large producer of printers and toner cartridges. In 2002, Lexmark sued Static Control Components, Inc. (SCC) and alleged that SCC violated Lexmark's intellectual property when it manufactured microchips used in the repair and resale of Lexmark toner cartridges. SCC filed a counterclaim and argued that Lexmark, among other things, violated the Lantham Act by engaging in false advertising. The district court dismissed SCC's Lantham Act claims for lack of standing. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit reversed the ruling and held that the lower court employed the wrong test to establish standing.
The Sixth Circuit relied on the "reasonable interest" test to establish standing under the Lantham Act, but unlike its sister circuits, did not use the AGC Factors, which use the same standards as those to establish an antitrust claim. Under this test, a claimant must demonstrate 1) a reasonable interest against the alleged false advertising and 2) a reasonable basis for believing that the alleged false advertising will damage that interest.

Question

Is the test to establish standing for a false advertising claim the same as the test to establish standing under antitrust statutes?

Conclusion

Sort:

by seniority
by ideology

UNANIMOUS DECISION FOR STATIC CONTROL COMPONENTS
MAJORITY OPINION BY ANTONIN SCALIA

The test to establish standing for a false advertising claim is not the same as the test to establish standing under antitrust statutes.

No. Justice Antonin Scalia delivered the opinion for the unanimous Court. The Court held that the Lanham Act allowed any party to sue that had been injured by false advertising. However, because that language is so broad, the Court held that a determination of standing to sue should be based on proof that the plaintiffs' interests fall within the zone of interests protected by the law and that a violation of the statute was the proximate cause of the injury in question. In order to prove that the plaintiffs' interest fall within the zone of interest the Lanham Act protects, the plaintiffs must prove that they have a commercial interest in reputation or sales. To prove that the injury in question was caused by a violation of the statute, the plaintiff must show that that economic or reputational injury stemmed directly from the defendant's false advertising. The Court also held that the "reasonable interest" test the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit applied as not feasible because it was too vague. In this case, Static Control Component's claim satisfied both the zone of interest and proximate cause requirements to pursue a claim under the Lanham Act.

As far as APEX?

Static Control Components, Inc. (“Static Control”) and Apex Microelectronics Co., Ltd (“Apex”) are pleased to announce a strategic merger of the two companies. The combination of the two global industry leaders, while maintaining independent operations, will provide customers unparalleled resources and capabilities, and the market with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product lines, as well as increased speed to market, higher service levels and stronger commitment to further expanding opportunities for the imaging aftermarket

Drivee
02-08-2022, 08:34 AM
Apex bay Lexmark and SCC. I work with them over 20 years. Your intel is wrong.

Lexmark announces completion of acquisition by Apex Technology and PAG Asia Capital - Nov 29, 2016 (https://newsroom.lexmark.com/2016-11-29-Lexmark-announces-completion-of-acquisition-by-Apex-Technology-and-PAG-Asia-Capital)

Access to this page has been denied. (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/static-control-components-inc)

This is China trick so that you think that you bay US product.

I am not wrong. SCC is not biggest! SCC is just a China company in US. That it.

We already discuss this so no point to...

BillyCarpenter
02-08-2022, 08:38 AM
Apex bay Lexmark and SCC. I work with them over 20 years. Your intel is wrong.

Lexmark announces completion of acquisition by Apex Technology and PAG Asia Capital - Nov 29, 2016 (https://newsroom.lexmark.com/2016-11-29-Lexmark-announces-completion-of-acquisition-by-Apex-Technology-and-PAG-Asia-Capital)

Access to this page has been denied. (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/static-control-components-inc)

This is China trick so that you think that you bay US product.

I am not wrong. SCC is not biggest! SCC is just a China company in US. That it.

We already discuss this so no point to...

Believe what you wish. Over the years my company has rebuilt thousands of toner cartridges using SCC toner, chips and other components.

I gave you the history of SCC.

Just because you decided to use google doesn't make you an expert on SCC. Good day.

BillyCarpenter
02-08-2022, 08:46 AM
Also, lets get something else straight. Just because something is made in China doesn't mean it is bad. Just like in the USA, there are good and bad companies in China.

APEX acquired Lexmark. Does that mean that Lexmark is now crap?

Drivee
02-08-2022, 09:07 AM
I agree with you, I just don't like when someone hide truth like SCC does. They make some cartridge components but other 80% they just resell. Chips and toners are not made today in SCC. I am in industry long time, I also visit Apex in Zuhai, I meet Jason Wang so, no secret for me.. In Apex, I see with my eye how they make chips and how all this look. So, Apex 100% make their chips. In SCC I just see making Mag roller, PCR's, a lot of small plastic parts, not the chip and toner facility's. They have facility for toner but is not a production. They will use barrels and they will pour toner in small bottles with SCC label.

tsbservice
02-08-2022, 09:31 AM
They merged in 2015...whatever it means :)
Announcement of Strategic Partnership Between Static Control Components and Apex Microelectronics (https://www.apexmic.com/news/news_detail?id=72628)

Drivee
02-08-2022, 09:43 AM
What can mean. When someone bay you, they will close all production and they will sell Apex products. No point to have two separate production. I don't want to say that Apex have bad chips, I bay them a lot.. 80% of chips are Apex.

srvctec
03-17-2022, 10:23 PM
Anyone know what might be compatible genuine Konica Minolta toner for TN-619M? That's the one we need and can't get and apparently, it's in shortage on the entire planet since none is to be found anywhere (well unless you want to pay $1,000 for a bottle from some scalper on fleebay).

Just wondering if anyone has used toner from another KM machine that works fine without a doubt and causes no copy quality issues.

Custom Search