PDA

View Full Version : c458 import used mfpb

Custom Search

MVPunisher
02-01-2022, 03:45 PM
I have C458 that needs an MFP board. I have a parts unit. In the past on the 4e series I could swap the Used board to a new machine as long as I only did one board at a time AND wiped the board using the reset tool.

Does anyone know if this is the same for this series>?

Also is anyone kind enough to supply me with the needed a789be.tar file to do so. I have a bunch of other reset files but not this one. I am sure I can call Konica to acquire if not.

Thanks

tsbservice
02-01-2022, 05:40 PM
I have C458 that needs an MFP board. I have a parts unit. In the past on the 4e series I could swap the Used board to a new machine as long as I only did one board at a time AND wiped the board using the reset tool.

Also is anyone kind enough to supply me with the needed a789be.tar file to do so. I have a bunch of other reset files but not this one. I am sure I can call Konica to acquire if not.

Thanks

Will hook you as soon as I get to my PC.

Albonline
02-01-2022, 07:27 PM
in my experiences with the 8 series one board wonders, the 789be will clear the mfp portion of the board but not the printer control. If you use a board from exactly the same machine type they work.

copier tech
02-01-2022, 07:44 PM

Thanks

What issue do you have to need to replace the MFP board ?

MVPunisher
02-01-2022, 09:06 PM
False alarm. So we had a tech go down to a call for a persisting FA14 code. Machine basically down. He had formatted hdd/disabled/unplugged HDD to no luck. Formatted the storage on mfpb as well. All data clear. Machine removed from network, ADF unplugged. Upgraded FW. Nothing was fixing it.

I decided to have him start with the EMMC board (ordered brand new). Honestly the only reason I started with EMMC was because I read a thread on here that someone went through the mfpb/hdd etc already and it ended up being emmc. So i skipped right to his solution. He couldn't get past the pillars when installing the new emmc. He reinstalled the old one and it came back to FA14 issue.

So today I went down there with some parts.

1. Started by replacing the control panel - used... no luck
2. Replaced the HDD and formatted (even though i was certain this wasn't it) . no luck
3. I tried to re-replace the EMMC that he failed to get past pillars. This fixed it. I am thinking 1 of the 2 things stopped him from getting past...Either A- The fact I made sure to quickly clear the code before booting up with the new one, or B- I simultaneously did the FW upon installing the new chip. (Even though the manual does not mention doing so.).

So long story short 1 of those 2 things got me past the pillars, and the EMMC chip did fix the issue too. That way I didn't have to play games with a used MFPB.

After researching I think the used MFP would have been ok to install "IF" you cleansed it with the reset file "AND" moved the eeproms over. I think if you left the eeprom chips on from used machine it would be the equivalent of replacing 2 boards at once which is a big no no. Didn't have to do it though so that's just speculation.

2 for 2 on this forum with FA14 being fixed by EMMC on the C658 series.

Thanks for the help and PMs

907tec
02-01-2022, 11:59 PM
I haven't actually tried it, but I was in a very similar situation to yours a few months ago. Had a machine with 9401 codes (IIRC) at a remote mining facility, didn't want to order a bunch of boards beforehand, so I looked into borrowing a mfpb from one of my other machines. I thought maybe the reset tool would be enough, but called the KM hotline for extra input. I always HATE calling the hotline, but the tech I got this time was the absolute worst. After a lot of idiotic back-and-forth, I was told that the tool will not be enough to 'cleanse' the board for another machine. If the hotline is to be believed (and I'm not sure that it is), you have to get a cleansed board from KM/Hytec.

Albonline
02-02-2022, 04:56 PM
False alarm. So we had a tech go down to a call for a persisting FA14 code. Machine basically down. He had formatted hdd/disabled/unplugged HDD to no luck. Formatted the storage on mfpb as well. All data clear. Machine removed from network, ADF unplugged. Upgraded FW. Nothing was fixing it.

I decided to have him start with the EMMC board (ordered brand new). Honestly the only reason I started with EMMC was because I read a thread on here that someone went through the mfpb/hdd etc already and it ended up being emmc. So i skipped right to his solution. He couldn't get past the pillars when installing the new emmc. He reinstalled the old one and it came back to FA14 issue.

So today I went down there with some parts.

1. Started by replacing the control panel - used... no luck
2. Replaced the HDD and formatted (even though i was certain this wasn't it) . no luck
3. I tried to re-replace the EMMC that he failed to get past pillars. This fixed it. I am thinking 1 of the 2 things stopped him from getting past...Either A- The fact I made sure to quickly clear the code before booting up with the new one, or B- I simultaneously did the FW upon installing the new chip. (Even though the manual does not mention doing so.).

So long story short 1 of those 2 things got me past the pillars, and the EMMC chip did fix the issue too. That way I didn't have to play games with a used MFPB.

After researching I think the used MFP would have been ok to install "IF" you cleansed it with the reset file "AND" moved the eeproms over. I think if you left the eeprom chips on from used machine it would be the equivalent of replacing 2 boards at once which is a big no no. Didn't have to do it though so that's just speculation.

2 for 2 on this forum with FA14 being fixed by EMMC on the C658 series.

Thanks for the help and PMs

I have tried swapping eproms also still will give firmware mismatch error ,unless doner board is from the same machine type,

femaster
02-03-2022, 02:14 PM
I have tried swapping eproms also still will give firmware mismatch error ,unless doner board is from the same machine type,

Even if you set the machine type correctly on the firmware update screen? I've done this on the 4e models, but have not had the opportunity to attempt this on the 8 models.

Albonline
02-03-2022, 04:12 PM
Even if you set the machine type correctly on the firmware update screen? I've done this on the 4e models, but have not had the opportunity to attempt this on the 8 models.

yes

MVPunisher
02-03-2022, 04:25 PM
This would make sense though, as the boards are different part numbers. I made sure to have a c458 board on me.

femaster
02-03-2022, 05:37 PM
Maybe I missed something in the thread. I was under the impression we were talking about MFP boards with the same part numbers fitting into different model machines (i.e. board shared between different speed machines). Yes, there would be no way of making a board with a different part number work. I was hoping that would be obvious, so I didn't even consider that as a factor in all this.

MVPunisher
02-03-2022, 07:58 PM
As original poster, No I did not attempt nor was I going to attempt to put a different part # MFPB in. I had an exact same c458 MFPB.

There is some confusion above though. Someone said they got a FW mistmatch "unless" they used the exact same machine type board. In which my response was yes, the part #s are different so you must use the same exact model. Example C558 has a different part # board.

femaster
02-03-2022, 09:15 PM
As original poster, No I did not attempt nor was I going to attempt to put a different part # MFPB in. I had an exact same c458 MFPB.

There is some confusion above though. Someone said they got a FW mistmatch "unless" they used the exact same machine type board. In which my response was yes, the part #s are different so you must use the same exact model. Example C558 has a different part # board.

Yes, I misinterpreted the comment about the "same machine type". I took it as meaning that the MFPB would need to come from the exact same model, which is not necessarily the case.

Just so I didn't inadvertently confuse anyone, ON A XX4e MODEL (don't know if this applies to the xx8 series or not) you can use an MFPB from any model in a series, provided the part number between the donor model and the receiving model is the same. The only stipulation with that is, before booting for the first time, you must use the USB firmware update to set the machine type to that of the receiving model, unless the models were the same. You then run the firmware update/refresh to makes sure everything is at the same firmware level, and go on from there.

I'm going to leave things as they lie after this, as the discussion is getting a bit beyond the scope of the original post/question.

MVPunisher
02-03-2022, 09:22 PM
Nah your good. What you can and can't do with the 8 series is exactly the discussion I was looking for.

I agree, I used to do a lot with the 4e series swaps too.

Without a manual in front of me I wonder if the c258/c308/c368 have the same part # mfpb and would just need the machine type put in like your saying? Hopefully I never need to know LOL

I know the c458 and c558 take diff boards.

femaster
02-03-2022, 09:36 PM
Without a manual in front of me I wonder if the c258/c308/c368 have the same part # mfpb and would just need the machine type put in like your saying? Hopefully I never need to know LOL

I know the c458 and c558 take diff boards.

You peaked my interest, so I took a a quick look. MFPB part number: A7PUH02123 , fits C258, C308, and C368.

Like you said, I'm hopeful that I will never need to test if it's possible or not.

Albonline
02-04-2022, 06:31 PM
The issue is the firmware on the printer control portion of the board. The 789be file clears the mfp fw tag but not the printer .Kind of like trying to put a used mc board in a 4 series type of machine.

MVPunisher
02-04-2022, 07:04 PM
Ahh... good info.

So it would be the equivalent on a 4e of installing a wiped MFPB with a used PRCB from another machine at the same time. Which is a no no.

I was hoping the eeprom chips held that info? And we could move them over making the prcb appear to "not be" used.

Albonline
02-04-2022, 08:03 PM
Ahh... good info.

So it would be the equivalent on a 4e of installing a wiped MFPB with a used PRCB from another machine at the same time. Which is a no no.

I was hoping the eeprom chips held that info? And we could move them over making the prcb appear to "not be" used.

no such luck, they have the unit specific adjustments and life counts

srvctec
02-04-2022, 08:31 PM
no such luck, they have the unit specific adjustments and life counts

This thread has reminded me of the good ol' days when we could swap whatever boards from whatever machines in the same series, pretty much without any issues.

Custom Search