PDA

View Full Version : Konica C308 Won't Load Firmware From USB

Custom Search

flippinsweet
02-02-2022, 11:34 AM
Hi, Having issues with a C308 which won't load firmware through a USB stick. When booting up holding the stop key the dot in the top right appears and hangs for about 15 seconds then just boots up normally. Tried 4 different sticks and also tried updating FW in another C308 which works fine. The socket on the machine is working because it detects the stick once booted up and will print & scan from it.

Recently had error's of FA14, D010, D050, E301 & E308, the hard drive has been formatted physically & logically, initialized the machine, also tried swapping the HDD but still having same issue.

Firmware is currently on GC5-16, Internet ISW update is switched off in admin mode.

Any help appreciated, Thanks

Synthohol
02-02-2022, 12:45 PM
that firmware is 7 years old.
is the FW000xx folder on the root of the USB?
try with the front door open the whole time.
try the latest x4 FW.

tsbservice
02-02-2022, 02:00 PM
Try to leave HDD unplugged and do FW.

tech51
02-02-2022, 07:40 PM
There is a setting for the USB port to allow firmware updates, that may be turned off.
My memory is a bit flaky but I think it’s in administrator/ security setting somewhere.

tsbservice
02-02-2022, 08:00 PM
There is a setting for the USB port to allow firmware updates, that may be turned off.
My memory is a bit flaky but I think it’s in administrator/ security setting somewhere.
You tell me 😊.. think I have tried it once but didn't work as expected.
In other words couldn't prevent firmware update.
But it was a while ago so another task back in my schedule 🤣

copier tech
02-02-2022, 08:53 PM
Hi, Having issues with a C308 which won't load firmware through a USB stick. When booting up holding the stop key the dot in the top right appears and hangs for about 15 seconds then just boots up normally. Tried 4 different sticks and also tried updating FW in another C308 which works fine. The socket on the machine is working because it detects the stick once booted up and will print & scan from it.

Recently had error's of FA14, D010, D050, E301 & E308, the hard drive has been formatted physically & logically, initialized the machine, also tried swapping the HDD but still having same issue.

Firmware is currently on GC5-16, Internet ISW update is switched off in admin mode.

Any help appreciated, Thanks

As you have been having various D/E errors update the SATA firmware first then try the latest general firmware.

Synthohol
02-02-2022, 11:04 PM
just to confirm, the FW000xx folder is on the root of the drive with nothing else on the root right?

flippinsweet
02-04-2022, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the replies.

The FW0002 file is on the USB root and works fine in other C308's, the USB light flashes when turning on others but not on the faulty machine

Tried with HDD unplugged and door open but still the same problem, I've got the SATA FW and recovery FW but obviously cant load it. Also checked all USB security permissions in Administrator mode are the same as a working 308

Swapped the HDD & EMMC board which got the machine up & running without any codes but the USB still doesn't work for FW updates

This machine was bought from a wholesaler as refurbished due to the lack of availability of new A3 machines at the minute

Has anyone tried updating via internet ISW as a get around?

flippinsweet
02-04-2022, 11:55 AM
Just in case anyone's wondering, you can allow or restrict USB firmware update in - Administrator settings -Security Settings - USB Connection Permission Settings - External Memory (Service) - FW Update - Allow / Restrict.

You can also set a password for the update in security settings. This hasn't fixed my issue though :(

tsbservice
02-04-2022, 12:29 PM

You tell me 😊.. think I have tried it once but didn't work as expected.
In other words couldn't prevent firmware update.
But it was a while ago so another task back in my schedule 🤣

Tested it I was wrong tech51 is correct. FW update from USB can be:

1. Password protected (it asks for password)
2. Disabled (it says firmware update is disabled by administrator)

BTW tested on C250i not 8 series but should be the same.

tsbservice
02-04-2022, 12:31 PM
Just in case anyone's wondering, you can allow or restrict USB firmware update in - Administrator settings -Security Settings - USB Connection Permission Settings - External Memory (Service) - FW Update - Allow / Restrict.

You can also set a password for the update in security settings. This hasn't fixed my issue though :(

Did you try Clear All data that should take care of some strange settings in Admin mode?
However if some undocumented soft switch is set that may not be cleared by Clear All data.

BillyCarpenter
02-04-2022, 12:32 PM
Tested it I was wrong tech51 is correct. FW update from USB can be:

1. Password protected (it asks for password)
2. Disabled (it says firmware update is disabled by administrator)

BTW tested on C250i not 8 series but should be the same.

Big thumbs up for taking the time to do this.

femaster
02-04-2022, 03:09 PM
Has anyone tried updating via internet ISW as a get around?

We use ISW firmware updates in-house. It does work, but that is set up by our IT guy. From what I've seen it is a bit complicated to set up, and I wouldn't be able to walk you through it. About all I can do is confirm that it does work.

tsbservice
02-04-2022, 04:45 PM
We use ISW firmware updates in-house. It does work, but that is set up by our IT guy. From what I've seen it is a bit complicated to set up, and I wouldn't be able to walk you through it. About all I can do is confirm that it does work.
+1 on this. I did it before on a couple of i series machines and it's a bit fiddling but does the job.

flippinsweet
02-10-2022, 01:10 PM
Turned out to be a faulty cable running from the front usb to the MFPB. Once it was swapped the machine tried to go into FW update mode but got stuck on 2 bars, tried recovery & sata FW but same issue. Ended up swapping the MFPB and loading X4 firmware to get it going.

tsbservice
02-10-2022, 01:34 PM
Good job and Thanks for following!

Custom Search