PDA

View Full Version : Jamming c253 9201 duplex jamming

Custom Search

xdelios
02-03-2022, 12:51 PM
Hello,

After finally getting machine to work after recent issues with tray 1 I have constant problems with duplex printing only.
1 side printing works fine with no trouble at all.

Also to be fair I have recently purchase some A4 paper that is not of the greatest quality due to shortage with the local suppliers.
It always jams after 1 or 2 duplex pritns come out and that is it.

Jam code is 9201.
Google showed that PS23 is what I should check, I don't exactly understand though where that part is.
Should I look at the side door or inside the machine?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

femaster
02-03-2022, 02:52 PM
Hello,

After finally getting machine to work after recent issues with tray 1 I have constant problems with duplex printing only.
1 side printing works fine with no trouble at all.

Also to be fair I have recently purchase some A4 paper that is not of the greatest quality due to shortage with the local suppliers.
It always jams after 1 or 2 duplex pritns come out and that is it.

Jam code is 9201.
Google showed that PS23 is what I should check, I don't exactly understand though where that part is.
Should I look at the side door or inside the machine?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

You might want to check and clean the rollers and the paper path in the duplex unit. The PS23 sensor is the one just below the registration (timing) rollers. Since it works fine in single sided, I'd check for a delay in the paper getting to the registration rollers from the duplex unit. Also check the sensor flag for PS23 and make sure it is moving freely / springing back to its resting point quick enough. I've seen where sometimes they stick a bit and don't spring back fast enough. As a possible work-around, you could try increasing the "Printer Resist Loop" for DUPLEX, but I'd at least do the cleaning of the rollers before changing this setting. The setting is found in service mode under Machine. Make note of the original setting before changing, if it doesn't help, set it back to where it was.

Custom Search