PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email office365 older devices

Custom Search

Brett GS
02-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Hi all
Anyone else been having scanning issues with office365 the past few weeks on older devices (eg:223/283/363/423)?

femaster
02-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Everyone has been having off and on problems with anything older than the xx4e series for the last few months. O365 has moved (is moving?) their servers over to TLS 1.2, which anything older than an xx4 machine can't support. And even then, an xx4 machine needs a special firmware in order to use TLS 1.2. You (they) will need to either find a mail relay that doesn't require TLS 1.2, move up to a newer machine, or find some other means of scanning that works for them.

rrrohan
02-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Hi all
Anyone else been having scanning issues with office365 the past few weeks on older devices (eg:223/283/363/423)?

i use smtp2go.com for old copiers as it doesnt care if u choose to use SSL or no encryption at all.
Its free unless ur super high volume scanning which ud hope someone using a 10 year old copier wouldnt be

copier tech
02-06-2022, 01:42 PM
Hi all

As femaster touched on this is happening across pretty must all of the copier manufactures.

All thats needed is a firmware update & in some cases enabling TLS1.2.

However your 3 series an old model & I doubt TLS1.2 supported.

Brett GS
02-07-2022, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Will give smtp2go a shot.

kingarthur
02-08-2022, 08:28 AM
had a 224e yesterday that was stuck on "sending" didn't even fail, just said "sending". did a FW update, and it started working.

rrrohan
02-08-2022, 09:05 AM
i had a 8 series that would sometime work and sometimes not. disabling TLS1.0 resolved it

Kenny
02-08-2022, 11:03 AM
Hello Guys,

We had a machine (C554e) a couple of weeks back getting a server connection error when scanning to email.

machine had apparently the correct info (provided by IT)

SMTP SERVER ADDRESS
DEVICE EMAIL ADDRESS
SMTP AUTHENTICATION
TURNED TLS ON AND PORT 587
CORRECT DNS SETTINGS

i updated the machine to latest firmware, advised their IT to make 2 step authentication was turned off, i only had TLS 1.2 enabled but still wouldn't work,

just out of interest, what other route would you guys be going down to rectify this kind of issue?

had to set up scans folder to make customer happy

femaster
02-09-2022, 12:24 AM
Hello Guys,

We had a machine (C554e) a couple of weeks back getting a server connection error when scanning to email.

machine had apparently the correct info (provided by IT)

SMTP SERVER ADDRESS
DEVICE EMAIL ADDRESS
SMTP AUTHENTICATION
TURNED TLS ON AND PORT 587
CORRECT DNS SETTINGS

i updated the machine to latest firmware, advised their IT to make 2 step authentication was turned off, i only had TLS 1.2 enabled but still wouldn't work,

just out of interest, what other route would you guys be going down to rectify this kind of issue?

had to set up scans folder to make customer happy

If you are completely sure everything is entered correctly, check the copier for an expired, self-sign, security certificate. We've had a few of the off-lease machines that we had purchased where the original owner created a security certificate. That certificate had expired so the copier would not to connect to the mail server, even though all the settings for checking for expired and/or invalid certificates, etc. were set to off/no. If you do find an expired certificate, just delete it. This has worked for us on 4 different occasions on machines that refused to connect to the mail server. Upon deletion of the expired certificate, there were no further scanning issues.

I'm not aware of a way to check for this through the copier touch panel, this was all done through the web interface. I believe it's under Admin account and Security tab.

Good luck!

rrrohan
02-09-2022, 12:30 AM
i set Certificate Verification Level Settings to "DO NOT Confirm".

i assumed that was to stop expired certificates becoming a problem but might be wrong

femaster
02-09-2022, 12:42 AM
i set Certificate Verification Level Settings to "DO NOT Confirm".

i assumed that was to stop expired certificates becoming a problem but might be wrong

Sorry, I forgot the exact wording of the setting, but that is what I referring to. Even with that set to do not confirm, it would still failed to connect to the email server when the certificate installed in the copier was expired. Doesn't make sense why, but that is what we experienced with 4 different "4e" machines over the last couple years. Once the expired certificate was deleted, no more email connection issues.

rrrohan
02-09-2022, 08:26 AM
Sorry, I forgot the exact wording of the setting, but that is what I referring to. Even with that set to do not confirm, it would still failed to connect to the email server when the certificate installed in the copier was expired. Doesn't make sense why, but that is what we experienced with 4 different "4e" machines over the last couple years. Once the expired certificate was deleted, no more email connection issues.

guess that makes sense. like telling the bouncer "so what if my ID expired, dont even worry about it". its not up to the client its up to the server if it cares or not

tsbservice
02-10-2022, 07:19 PM
If you are completely sure everything is entered correctly, check the copier for an expired, self-sign, security certificate. We've had a few of the off-lease machines that we had purchased where the original owner created a security certificate. That certificate had expired so the copier would not to connect to the mail server, even though all the settings for checking for expired and/or invalid certificates, etc. were set to off/no. If you do find an expired certificate, just delete it. This has worked for us on 4 different occasions on machines that refused to connect to the mail server. Upon deletion of the expired certificate, there were no further scanning issues.

I'm not aware of a way to check for this through the copier touch panel, this was all done through the web interface. I believe it's under Admin account and Security tab.

Good luck!

That's where formating of HDD helps as it deletes SSL certs registered in the machine.

Custom Search