PDA

View Full Version : Electrical MF254 Loud Noises

Custom Search

techsxge
02-08-2022, 02:25 PM
We have an Olivetti MF254 at a customer which makes loud noises whenever you tried to print something.
First issue was solved by replacing the black developing unit because it had a broken gear. So far so good.
The Noise continued to "show up". I was able to detect that the noise only comes up when the Machine used the developing units for colors.
So i guess it is the Motor that starts the colored developing units.
However, i checked the Motor itself and it looked just fine and when i tried to manualy spin it (i know you should not do that usually) it sounded normal too.
Could there be any other part causing these loud noises (they sound like the machine on startup but 10x louder)? The Customer is not fast to drive to so i'd prefer solving this issue within the next 1 or 2 visits

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for my bad english

kingarthur
02-08-2022, 04:46 PM
if you've replaced the dev unit due to a broken gear, on that unit...you can guarantee that the gear that drives it, in the main drive also needs replacing...you can either replace the complete assy, or spend another 5 minutes taking apart the assy and replacing the drive gear for the dev unit, that's if you have a scrap m/c, it's the same gear on the C224 (e) series too

techsxge
02-08-2022, 06:33 PM
if you've replaced the dev unit due to a broken gear, on that unit...you can guarantee that the gear that drives it, in the main drive also needs replacing...you can either replace the complete assy, or spend another 5 minutes taking apart the assy and replacing the drive gear for the dev unit, that's if you have a scrap m/c, it's the same gear on the C224 (e) series too

Thanks for the quick response. I'll change the complete thing tomorrow, but this should not be related the problem i currently try to fix. Its a good side note though. Never only replace the broken Part but check further :D
The Noises dont appear when only the gear and Motor for the black units (Which also controls the transfer belt) and only do when i add any kind of color to it. Figured that out after going to Service Mode and used Halftone Pattern under Testmode. Black(1PC) works flawless without any additional unwanted sound while any color + Black(4PC) creates the very loud noises.
Its strange at this Point but after talking to more colleagues im confident that swapping the Motor should fix this.
I'll try that and let you know the results

Custom Search