PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C558 ID & Print error

Custom Search

wedotek
02-08-2022, 03:08 PM
Hello everybody.
I have a problem on a Konica Minolta C558 with ID& Print and with the boxes. My client has ID & Print configured on all computers, but sometimes the prints do not come out when he puts the credentials and they are retained in the box.
There have also been situations where the client sent 3 jobs and when he goes to print the printer prints two and the other one disappears.
I already formatted the disk and installed the firmware but the problem persists.
Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S. Sorry for the translation.

Compliments,

Paul.

emujo2
02-08-2022, 06:37 PM
I would start with bring the device to latest F/W and function version, then, matching print drivers that you verify can pull a config w/o an error. Next I would not take the customers word that this is really happening, I would send dozens of different documents of different formats and test them all. I would also take a look at Bizhub secure (if installed) the defaults include auto delete of user boxes every 3 days. I would also verify that everyone is using a different code to send the ID and print, and do you have any user authentication or account track running which might preclude printing color docs??E

copyman
02-08-2022, 07:48 PM
Have you personally saw this happen?
Think I only have one customer that use the "User boxes" so can't be that much help, but "if" in fact it's not printing certain docs I would think it's a setting. When all else fails take the customers network out of the mix by hooking up your laptop and do your own tests.

rrrohan
02-09-2022, 12:33 AM
most of the times I've had customer complain that document didnt release it sat in box its because the job hadnt finished spooling when they logged in

also if the jobs are vanishing id check job log because if its deleting job it will tell you why

wedotek
02-09-2022, 06:06 AM
Hi.

Thank you very much for your help, the printer has the firmware updated and the permissions are fine.
I personally verified the error, in the last verification ,the customer sent 3 documents and when he authenticated, ID & Print only released 2 documents, the third the customer had to go to Box and have to print.
Today I am going to install the universal driver V4 on one of the client computers to check for any changes.
Then I give feedback.

Thanks.

rrrohan
02-09-2022, 08:28 AM
so your 100% sure the job had finished spooling on the copier before releasing? i really think the problem is this and your over complicating it

allan
02-09-2022, 08:41 AM
Using the universal driver would not be recommended. Are you using the PCL driver? Make sure all settings are changed both under preferences and under printing defaults.
Are you using both ID and Print and user boxes? Is there more than one printer driver installed?

Hows Mozambique? Flooding was crazy. Kept all 5 ZA military coppers busy...
Need used machines or are you working for old Stretchy?

wedotek
02-09-2022, 09:15 AM
Using the universal driver would not be recommended. Are you using the PCL driver? Make sure all settings are changed both under preferences and under printing defaults.
Are you using both ID and Print and user boxes? Is there more than one printer driver installed?

Hows Mozambique? Flooding was crazy. Kept all 5 ZA military coppers busy...
Need used machines or are you working for old Stretchy?

Hello Allan, how are you?
in relation to the floods the situation has already normalized.
Yes, I need Konica Minolta 8 series printers, I always bought in Portugal but the market there is very complicated and there are no machines.
Compliments,

Paulo Araujo.

allan
02-09-2022, 11:25 AM
Hello Allan, how are you?
in relation to the floods the situation has already normalized.
Yes, I need Konica Minolta 8 series printers, I always bought in Portugal but the market there is very complicated and there are no machines.
Compliments,

Paulo Araujo.

Don't want to sidetrack your thread.

Used or new?
New seems to be a world wide issue.
One highway and a border away. I operate from JHB.
Example got C558 fully refurbished machines for around R35K.
You can also get in "as is" condition for much less.
Have you ever got machines out of ZA?

PM me.

Custom Search