PDA

View Full Version : C-3110 "Waiting" on the screen and nothing more...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
02-09-2022, 09:43 PM
Tried removing/replacing all the drums, everything looks fine. No drums are at end of life. Machine will calibrate forever (nothing is at end of life) and then occasionally spit out a page, but mostly doesn't do anything but WAIT

OC

Synthohol
02-09-2022, 10:22 PM
sounds like either the fuser is not reaching temp or the IDC sensors are dirty or transfer belt is just kaput because it cant complete its internal calibration.
try this, in service mode go into test pages and do a paper passage test with no image. if the pages come out consistently that usually rules out the fuser and id replace the transfer belt and or slide the shutter over and clean the IDC sensors.. if it pauses every few pages its probably the fuser trying to get to temp.

in state confirmation what are the atdc levels? maybe its hurting for toner too so the IDC calibration can be adjusted.

Oystercopy
02-10-2022, 02:24 AM
sounds like either the fuser is not reaching temp or the IDC sensors are dirty or transfer belt is just kaput because it cant complete its internal calibration.
try this, in service mode go into test pages and do a paper passage test with no image. if the pages come out consistently that usually rules out the fuser and id replace the transfer belt and or slide the shutter over and clean the IDC sensors.. if it pauses every few pages its probably the fuser trying to get to temp.

in state confirmation what are the atdc levels? maybe its hurting for toner too so the IDC calibration can be adjusted.

Thanks for all that Syntholol...I actually did clean the ID Sensor after pulling out the belt... did not run the paper path test in service mode, but I did suspect the Fuser as well (thinking it was not getting up to temp).

Will go back to the customer and report in....

OC

Toxic
02-10-2022, 08:46 AM
What model?

tsbservice
02-10-2022, 11:48 AM
What model?
See title :)

Toxic
02-10-2022, 12:07 PM
My bad, though :)
I was thinking about error code C-3110
Model is usually written without dash after letter.

Did not see that problem recently but long time ago Bizhub c10 had similar problem and it was causing by scanner lamp when become weak or dead,device never come to ready state.

tsbservice
02-10-2022, 04:25 PM
OC if somehow happen to enter service mode you can try to run Calibration(it's in Sevice Mode - Proccess adjustment) and see if it ever ends.
Good advices for Fuser and CIS in optics also I believe there is thermistor in PH unit which is monitoring PH unit temperature and controlls several parameters as well.

Oystercopy
02-10-2022, 10:27 PM
OK, so I went out there today and replaced the Fuser and Transfer Belt... no change. Machine still saying Warming Up. Also cleaned the ID Sensor again, just to make sure it was clean, but it does spend a lot of time calibrating.

Not sure where else to go with it, but all the consumable supplies are good.
OC

Synthohol
02-10-2022, 11:10 PM
if you want to try flashing firmware, check your PMs ;)
i dont think it can hurt at this stage.

Hansoon
02-11-2022, 07:08 AM
I had once a similar problem with this machine type. First I cleaned like you did the IDC sensors but without success.

Turned out however that the likely cause for the problem was that on the Image Unit the corresponding transparent part of the Toner Level Sensor system was fogged on the outside with spilled magenta toner. The machine could therefore not recognize the empty magenta toner cartridge and was endlessly trying to add toner. Cleaning that "glassy" part and installing a new full toner cartridge did the trick.

Hans

Custom Search