PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Di470 C-OF24

Custom Search

adm22
02-11-2022, 04:01 PM
Have a Di470 that has come up with a C-OF24 error code. In the past this has gone away by opening and closing the front door. Now it is always on.

I have the service manual and determined that this is a AIDC Sensor contamination correction failure.

Figure best bet is to try cleaning it, found a picture of it in the manual but I have not been able to figure out where this is and the best way to get to it. For obvious reasons do not want to just start taking things apart.

Doing a rest does not make it go away.

Unrelated is there a place one can get the 4002-3708-01 little plastic clip /handle that holds the paper exit tray in place? Mine has busted and now have to hold the door in just the right place or else get lots of jams.

Synthohol
02-11-2022, 05:38 PM
It's under the drum mounted to the carriage.
Remove the drum and you should see it between the drum pick off fingers

Also kudos for being a paleontologist!!

adm22
02-11-2022, 05:43 PM
It's under the drum mounted to the carriage.
Remove the drum and you should see it between the drum pick off fingers

Also kudos for being a paleontologist!!

Should one go about removing from the front, the side or the back?

The sensor appears to be towards the back from the drawing I saw.

srvctec
02-11-2022, 05:58 PM
Should one go about removing from the front, the side or the back?

The sensor appears to be towards the back from the drawing I saw.

You just remove the drum and clean the sensor, preferably with a cotton swab dampened with alcohol after you blow off the loose toner.

copier addict
02-11-2022, 06:19 PM
Have a Di470 that has come up with a C-OF24 error code. In the past this has gone away by opening and closing the front door. Now it is always on.

I have the service manual and determined that this is a AIDC Sensor contamination correction failure.

Figure best bet is to try cleaning it, found a picture of it in the manual but I have not been able to figure out where this is and the best way to get to it. For obvious reasons do not want to just start taking things apart.

Doing a rest does not make it go away.

Unrelated is there a place one can get the 4002-3708-01 little plastic clip /handle that holds the paper exit tray in place? Mine has busted and now have to hold the door in just the right place or else get lots of jams.

You need to open the front door. Drop the transport section using the gray lever. I think there are three screws to remove and the drum assembly should slide out.

adm22
02-11-2022, 06:26 PM
got it out of there. thanks

The manual made it sound like you needed to remove it from the rear

adm22
02-11-2022, 07:25 PM
ok

cleaned it got it put all back together and the same error come back.

as instructed in the service manual i also made sure the connections were tight

any suggestions?

srvctec
02-11-2022, 07:52 PM
ok

cleaned it got it put all back together and the same error come back.

as instructed in the service manual i also made sure the connections were tight

any suggestions?

The sensor might be bad. I know I replaced some over the years but we don't even have any documentation on those dinosaurs any more. Manuals were all deleted years ago once we had no more in the field.

adm22
02-11-2022, 08:36 PM
The sensor might be bad. I know I replaced some over the years but we don't even have any documentation on those dinosaurs any more. Manuals were all deleted years ago once we had no more in the field.

I have a PDF of the manuals which have helped me a bit. I live in the boonies and the only guy who would come to service copiers died a few years back (he was rather young under 40). So I have learned to do a fair bit myself. This is the first problem have had in a long time that I have not been able to figure out by myself.

The part number is allegedly 1149-0107-01

I thought it was a newer model, about 30 years newer than my new car.

My hard work has paid off and I have been awarded with two new error codes:

C-1020 and C-1029 both of which have gone away by on and off but the original sesor board bad keep coming up.

The manual says to fix both of those:

Reset the malfunction and turn OFF and ON the Power Switch.

If the same malfunction persists, check cables and connectors for proper
connection.

If they are okay, change Image Processing Board, Memory Board, or Hard
Disk Drive.

femaster
02-11-2022, 09:10 PM
I'm not a fan of E-Waste, but after trying to find a manual on Konica's website unsuccessfully, I looked into the latest firmware release date to get an idea of the machines age. I'd say it's time to throw in the towel on this one; it must have paid for itself many times over by now. At approximately 18 years old, it's lived a good life...

adm22
02-11-2022, 09:38 PM
I'm not a fan of E-Waste, but after trying to find a manual on Konica's website unsuccessfully, I looked into the latest firmware release date to get an idea of the machines age. I'd say it's time to throw in the towel on this one; it must have paid for itself many times over by now. At approximately 18 years old, it's lived a good life...

I bought it second hand in 2010 (three girlfriends ago), I found a receipt from the original purchaser and it was bought brand new in 2005.

Synthohol
02-11-2022, 10:44 PM
IIRC you need a CF card to update the firmware, not worth the trouble if you ask me.
you still deserve props for even trying!

copyman
02-11-2022, 11:38 PM
Wow! Now I feel real old :(. I was factory trained on this model but has been so long that I forgot mostly everything. Was this the model where the pwr sup would go bad and you had to re-solder all the big solder joints on pwr sup?

Would be very surprised if you can find odd ball parts like sensors, etc if at all for that old model.

Believe it or not I still have a box of 470 boards, HDD, etc. that should of been thrown into dumpster years ago. Wouldn't have sensors or anything like that but let me know if you need the main pwb, etc.

Best of luck

Hansoon
02-12-2022, 12:15 PM

I still have two pieces in stock. For the previous error code C-OF24 you might need also the anti spill mylar #1033-0156-01 too and a cleaning blade #1136-0901-01 as well.

You can have them all 3 parts for free against postal charges Germany-USA USD 20.00 on my PayPal account

Have a lot of other stuff for those series. How'bout fuser rollers, fuser web, bearings, picker fingers etc? :D

I bought it second hand in 2010 (three girlfriends ago), I found a receipt from the original purchaser and it was bought brand new in 2005

No need for embarrassment. I removed the last one of them from a rental contract about 3 years ago. I loved these machines, not because they where that much good - no comparison with modern series - but I made VERY good money with them through the years. Aaaahhhh...... the old days....

:cool:

Hans

Synthohol
02-12-2022, 01:07 PM
Was this the model where the pwr sup would go bad and you had to re-solder all the big solder joints on pwr sup?

lol that was the 470Z analog :)
yes, we ARE that old!! hahahaha

copyman
02-12-2022, 01:15 PM
lol that was the 470Z analog :)
yes, we ARE that old!! hahahaha

Ha-ha. Missed the "Di". Yes it was the analog I was thinking about. Was wondering why there weren't more replies about how old the machine was and no parts available. Even though the "Di" series are old I still service a few Di251's. Die hard customers that love the machine. Even if they upgrade they insist on keeping the "Di' as a "backup".

Synthohol
02-12-2022, 06:45 PM
if you ever used Brasso on a selenium drum... LOL

Hansoon
02-13-2022, 10:21 AM
We had never to exchange the AIDC sensor (PW Board-G) #1136-0107-01. It has always been that it became dirty because the cleaning blade #1136-0901-01 pos. 10 drawing 14, page 27 and anti-spill mylar # 1013-5524-01 (NOT 1033-0156-0, that's for the Analog EP-470-z, my mistake, sorry 'bout that) pos. 30 drawing 14, page 27 where worn. Both parts are keeping excess toner from accumulating and falling onto the AIDC sensor.

rgds

Hans

Custom Search