PDA

View Full Version : TN711 toners

Custom Search

copyman
02-12-2022, 01:43 PM
Has anyone found toners that can be converted to work in the C654/C754 models? Still having trouble getting toners for most of the kon min models I service but the TN711 seems to be the worse. Some on Ebay but not going to pay $100+ for one toner! Also tried to get a Cyan IU and none in the country as of last week.

Is there aftermarket toner for this model? I would use it until OEM comes back but never saw it when searching internet.

The C451, etc look like the square type toners the C754 uses but I haven't put them side by side to compare.

Thanks

Woxner
02-12-2022, 04:34 PM
You can use any toner 4 series and up. Just use the same end cap. It will not say full toner but as long as it can fill sub hopper your good

jwai
02-12-2022, 04:35 PM
This case also happen on our region.

copyman
02-13-2022, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the replies. Good to know about the "4" series toner works if I wanted to refill the TN711. But would rather convert a toner for another model instead of refilling a used toner. Like with the "4" series I have been cutting off tabs from other toners like the TN512 and they will fit in TN321 models.

Has anyone used the TN713 in place of the TN711 even with some modifications? I can get TN711 toner chips if necessary to swap chips.
I can get some TN713 is why I'm asking.

Thanks again

Oystercopy
02-13-2022, 04:41 PM
I've been doing the same thing, converting toners. Good to know from Woxner that you don't really need to replace the chips; I was worried about that. But as long as the machine has toner, I guess it'll be OK.
I had been using the TN-311 to convert to the TN-514, which has been working good so far. Now the 311s are getting outrageously priced as well.
OC

copyman
02-13-2022, 10:51 PM
I've been doing the same thing, converting toners. Good to know from Woxner that you don't really need to replace the chips; I was worried about that. But as long as the machine has toner, I guess it'll be OK.
I had been using the TN-311 to convert to the TN-514, which has been working good so far. Now the 311s are getting outrageously priced as well.
OC

Ha-ha, Good to see others are getting creative to get by. Really sad that Kon/Min did this to their dealers, end users & Indy's like me! I've posted before this will cost them in the long run. Several of my customers are so pissed off they said to never sell them a Kon/Min again!

Yep the sharks are circling on Ebay ripping people off. I've seen one TN321K for $159 and others even higher. It's only a matter of time before things get back to normal. Hope these ripoff's get stuck with their ridiculous priced toners!

Take care & best of luck

tech51
02-14-2022, 02:04 PM
You can use any toner 4 series and up. Just use the same end cap. It will not say full toner but as long as it can fill sub hopper your good
Engine firmware dip switches 31 to 34 will reset the toner gauges so the machine assumes a new bottle has been fitted.
31 = C, 32 = M, 33 = y, 34 = K. Select the appropriate switch, Press end and then turn off/on the machine. The switch resets to normal after reboot.

tsbservice
02-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Engine firmware dip switches 31 to 34 will reset the toner gauges so the machine assumes a new bottle has been fitted.
31 = C, 32 = M, 33 = y, 34 = K. Select the appropriate switch, Press end and then turn off/on the machine. The switch resets to normal after reboot.
Imho that codes are for 8 series and i machines. On 4/4e I couldn't make it work so used old trick with removing toner and starving machine.

jwai
02-18-2022, 01:24 PM
The A4 i series ( copier/printer ) also work?

sostek
03-10-2022, 10:32 PM
Do the TN711 and TN713 work interchangeably in a pinch?

Mr Broots
03-11-2022, 03:17 AM
Hey, I haven't seen it posted in this thread so just make sure to change the rear interface indexer when changing from the 713 or the 613 to a 711. The indexer is different on all three and it will work initially but won't spin the auger so it will call for toner after a short time. I have my own method for doing this(as it can be a pain) and rather than explain it here, it's easier verbally. PM me with your number if you wish and we'll get it done.

Custom Search