PDA

View Full Version : Thick White Shaky Lines Konica C70HC

Custom Search

diwakar
02-13-2022, 01:20 PM
Dear Copytechnet members,

Greetings ! We are sure you must be doing alright :-)

We have recently purchased a re-conditioned Konica C70HC with counter reading of 1325321. We have replaced Drums, Developers, Charging Wire and IBT. The prints are coming fine when 300 GSM Matte Sheets are used. However, when we use 300 GSM SBS sheet (12x18 inches Tabloid Extra), we get thick shaky lines on the right side of the print (Face Up Output).

We are currently using Bypass Tray for input. Please find the attached images for reference.

Your response would be highly appreciated. Thanks and Regards,

blackcat4866
02-13-2022, 02:45 PM
I suspect that this specific media is too rigid, and the paper jitters as it is released from the registration rollers. Is the defect always the same distance from the trailing edge? =^..^=

diwakar
02-13-2022, 04:29 PM
I suspect that this specific media is too rigid, and the paper jitters as it is released from the registration rollers. Is the defect always the same distance from the trailing edge? =^..^=
Thank you for your response.

Yes, the jitters take place at the same distance from the edge. SBS is indeed rigid, but it works well with our Konica C258. The tech expert who visited few hours back said that there is a fault with second transfer unit and that needs to be replaced. What would you recommend ?

blackcat4866
02-13-2022, 05:57 PM
I suspect that changing the second transfer unit won't help. I'd use different media. =^..^=

orestesp
02-14-2022, 10:13 AM
Hello,

If it only happens with this particular media only, try turning on "CPM down" for the tray that you are feeding from.

It can be found under "Process adjustment".

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

diwakar
02-14-2022, 04:10 PM
I suspect that changing the second transfer unit won't help. I'd use different media. =^..^=
Oh, but the problem is our job involves that particular media only. And we have already purchased few tons of it :-(
So, we don't have any other option other than changing the second transfer unit (the tech expert will visit us tomorrow)

Fingers Crossed ! :-D

Thanks for the reply

diwakar
02-14-2022, 04:11 PM
Hello,

If it only happens with this particular media only, try turning on "CPM down" for the tray that you are feeding from.

It can be found under "Process adjustment".

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the response.

We will try it tomorrow and will update you for sure.

orestesp
02-14-2022, 05:43 PM
Thank you very much for the response.

We will try it tomorrow and will update you for sure.

Also under "Process adjustment" I'm pretty sure you're going to find a setting called "Second Transfer Pressure" (or something similar sounding, I honestly do not remember the exact wording) that can be either set to "Normal" or "High" - there may be other options present as well, since we do not have the same engine but regardless, try setting it to "High" and see if that changes anything.

If you engine's menu is similar to mine, both of these settings are probably under the last page of the "Process adjustment" menu.

If this issue only occurs on that particular media only I wouldn't be so quick to fire the parts canon. I am inclined to agree with blackcat that the 2nd transfer roller isn't the culprit.

If you can't find the "Process adjustment" menu ask the technician to enable it for you, since he's going to visit you tomorrow anyway.

diwakar
02-15-2022, 08:10 AM
Also under "Process adjustment" I'm pretty sure you're going to find a setting called "Second Transfer Pressure" (or something similar sounding, I honestly do not remember the exact wording) that can be either set to "Normal" or "High" - there may be other options present as well, since we do not have the same engine but regardless, try setting it to "High" and see if that changes anything.

If you engine's menu is similar to mine, both of these settings are probably under the last page of the "Process adjustment" menu.

If this issue only occurs on that particular media only I wouldn't be so quick to fire the parts canon. I am inclined to agree with blackcat that the 2nd transfer roller isn't the culprit.

If you can't find the "Process adjustment" menu ask the technician to enable it for you, since he's going to visit you tomorrow anyway.

Thanks for this detailed response. We will surely see into this, the process adjustment is not visible, I think it has to be enabled first using DIPSW. The technician earlier increased the pressure by stuffing small paper scrap into the second transfer unit roller end points, but the problem persisted.

He will be visiting shortly, and will share this advice with him before he changes the part. Will update you.

Thanks again :-)

diwakar
02-20-2022, 05:19 AM

Hi,
We changed second transfer unit, set second transfer pressure to high, CPM down but the issue still persists. The tech guy said that the problem cannot be resolved. 300 GSM SBS can run in 350 GSM machines only. Let us know your thoughts on this.

Thanks a million to you and everyone who took their time to read and reply :-)
Please stay safe.

Custom Search