PDA

View Full Version : LCC Tray, kinking while lifting issues....

Custom Search

Oystercopy
02-13-2022, 05:07 PM
Hey guys... so, I've had several of these things kink the lift tray (the main one, on the right side) while lifting paper. I've noticed that the lift cables (thin, not durable) can bend and kink, due to winding around the metal shafts instead of the pulleys.

It seems what happens is that when the trays bounce, it can kink the lift cables off the pulleys, and then you've got uneven lift. I've ordered a set of cables, but have yet to put them on. This is the PC-410 model tray, by the way.
Wondering if there is some kind of mod for this issue?

Thanks in advance!
OC

rrrohan
02-14-2022, 04:43 AM
yeah i bet its when users keep topping up a half empty tray. the sound of it slamming down when you open lid makes me shudder everytime i hear it

tech51
02-14-2022, 01:56 PM
When you fit the new cables, push some blue tak into the slot to stop them falling back out. Also replace the small damper that sits on the lift drive (called a dumper in the manual). This stops the tray from slamming down.

srvctec
02-14-2022, 05:00 PM
When you fit the new cables, push some blue tak into the slot to stop them falling back out. Also replace the small damper that sits on the lift drive (called a dumper in the manual). This stops the tray from slamming down.

This^^^

I do the same thing except put a piece of mylar (with adhesive strip already on it) on the side of the cable take-u pulley. Haven't had one fail since I've done the mod. Replacing the "dumper" is key to stopping the slamming down of the stack.

Synthohol
02-15-2022, 03:11 AM
those stupid notches!
i use pieces of corona wire rubbers to wedge in the groove to keep the wire where it belongs.

Custom Search