PDA

View Full Version : C450i / MF 459 HV Problems.

Custom Search

OlivettiTechnik
02-14-2022, 07:50 AM
Good day,
we have a bizhub C450i / MF 459 with the following problem.
See photos.

We have already renewed the following components:
drum
developer
transfer belt
transfer roller
HV board
Unfortunately without success.

The only slight improvement was when you increased the Vpp-K1 and Vpp-K2 values
Thank you for your help. (Sry for the google translation)

tsbservice
02-14-2022, 11:14 AM
Good day,
See photos.

drum
developer
transfer belt
transfer roller
HV board

You've changed whole units(not only drum cylinder and/or developer powder) with new ones?
What should be on second page?

techsxge
02-14-2022, 01:03 PM
Good day,
See photos.

drum
developer
transfer belt
transfer roller
HV board

To me this looks like a issue with the fusing unit. Atleast the black dots on the MM List. What happens if you go to Service Mode -> Test Mode -> Halftone Pattern, set density to around 60 and then print Black (1PC) and Black (4PC) ?

OlivettiTechnik
02-14-2022, 03:08 PM
Yes, all the parts listed are new to the machine.

Here the 2 pictures this time not scanned but in photo of it
(Halftone Pattern, set density to around 60 and then print Black (1PC) and Black (4PC)

and
02-14-2022, 04:26 PM
To me this looks like a issue with the fusing unit. Atleast the black dots on the MM List. What happens if you go to Service Mode -> Test Mode -> Halftone Pattern, set density to around 60 and then print Black (1PC) and Black (4PC) ?

I have a C300i with same problem on Y/M/C, when i print counter it's ok when i print color i have a lot of colored dots. I don't think it's a fusing issue. At the moment i regulated Vpp.

techsxge
02-14-2022, 06:07 PM

(Halftone Pattern, set density to around 60 and then print Black (1PC) and Black (4PC)

Did you forget to add the photos? I cant see them.

techsxge
02-14-2022, 06:13 PM
I have a C300i with same problem on Y/M/C, when i print counter it's ok when i print color i have a lot of colored dots. I don't think it's a fusing issue. At the moment i regulated Vpp.
Dots in this quantity are only coming from a few parts in my experience: Drum unit, Developer Unit and Fusing Unit whit Fusing Unit being the most "popular" one for making this.
If i look at the other Page, the distance between the different color shades are looking like the second cylinder/drum inside the Fusing Unit to me.
Maybe OP could also try to see if he can spot any of the dots or lines on the drums of the Fusing Unit but this isnt happening very often.

But to your Issue: If the non Coloured prints are ok, then its not a problem witht he fusing unit. Instead, i'd check the drum units and developer units and either clean them or even replace them.

OlivettiTechnik
02-15-2022, 10:44 AM

Sry here the pictures. Please ignore the yellow comes from the cell phone camera.

52110 52111

OlivettiTechnik
02-15-2022, 10:46 AM
Sorry here are the pictures. Please ignore the yellow, it is from the smartphone camera.

techsxge
02-15-2022, 01:27 PM
Sry hier die Bilder. Bitte ignorieren das Gelb kommt von der Handykamera.

I'll stick with english here, if you want to speak in german send me a pm.

Ok now this does look like the developer unit. Have you actually replaced the whole unit or just the developer itself?. To make proper measuresments, at what density have you made those prints?

OlivettiTechnik
02-15-2022, 02:05 PM
I'll stick with english here, if you want to speak in german send me a pm.

Ok now this does look like the developer unit. Have you actually replaced the whole unit or just the developer itself?. To make proper measuresments, at what density have you made those prints?

We replaced the whole K Developer Unit. Nothings changed as I mentioned above.

Density print is normal. Improvement by increasing the Vpp-K1 and Vpp-K2 values.

INFO:
This week the Konica Minolta technical support will be around. Posting the results later this week.

OlivettiTechnik
02-15-2022, 02:07 PM
You've changed whole units(not only drum cylinder and/or developer powder) with new ones?
What should be on second page?

Yes we changed whole Units.

The second page is a service mode yellow halftone gradient print. The machine prints these black lines on everything.

tsbservice
02-15-2022, 02:26 PM
Check PH unit(laser).

tsbservice
02-22-2022, 10:25 AM
Any news on this problem?

Gift
02-22-2022, 12:57 PM
This looks like some voltages went through the roof - I've seen this if you try messing around with used drums/devs (last case I had was with drums, kind of the exact image error).
Rotation time infos doesn't really indicate new units. If you put "newish" units into a machine with a high color volume and the machine doesn't reset them you end up into trouble
because the machine still tries to compensate a worn out OPC material leading to problems if the units are actually in a way better condition

I was able to recover this with fiddling with some voltages but can't recall the exact steps, sorry.

Guess you can also try and "chip" used drums - as long as they are really in good condition with low meter.

Start comparing the voltages with a working machine.

Woxner
02-22-2022, 04:28 PM
The new drum voltage runs about 1700 to 2200. You can find this in table numbers in state confirm think its page 2. Vpp1. Closer to 1300 volts the drums are dead. If you put new drums in ck this

and
06-10-2022, 05:26 PM
News ?

REGSIS
06-13-2022, 04:28 PM
News ?

I would place a bet on PH unit.
It seems to me there are repeated black regular shapes among all that blackness.

and
06-13-2022, 05:03 PM
I would place a bet on PH unit.
It seems to me there are repeated black regular shapes among all that blackness.

Update, but not solved.

I rechip drum K that print same "regular shapes". In my case "regular shapes" on K prints. K print now is good.
Some problem in color print (a lot of color dots) rechip drum C/M/Y but not solved. Increase VPP of C/M/Y remove dots but remaing some background on paper.

Life of drum was good.

Custom Search