PDA

View Full Version : C308 boot screen

Custom Search

copyman
02-15-2022, 02:34 AM
Hi,

Just picked up an off lease machine. How can I get rid of a custom boot screen with last dealers name on it?

Think I was helped on this forum with same issue before but can't find the info. Something with a boot screen tool? I should still have the tool if that is required.

Is there an easier way to return boot screen back to kon/min default screen without using a special tool, etc? Maybe format HDD?

Thanks for the help

Synthohol
02-15-2022, 03:00 AM
in service mode there is the place you upload the custom screen, its the same place to choose remove it.
ill look.

ok, i looked...
(b) Procedure
1. Save logo data that conforms to the above specifications in the root directory of a USB memory device.
NOTE
• Be sure to save data in the root directory as the machine cannot detect data saved in other directories.
2. Connect the USB memory device to the machine USB port.
3. Touch [System 2] -> [ ] -> [Customize Screen] -> .
4. Touch [Set].
5. Check result “OK” is displayed and touch [END].
NOTE
• If logo data is already registered, new logo data overwrites the existing logo data.
• The color of logo data may look different between the machine control panel and some PC screens. After registering logo
data, restart the machine and check the color of the logo data on the BootUp screen.
* [B]To delete registered data, touch [Delete] and check result “OK” is displayed.

copier tech
02-15-2022, 06:21 AM
Hi,

Just picked up an off lease machine. How can I get rid of a custom boot screen with last dealers name on it?

Think I was helped on this forum with same issue before but can't find the info. Something with a boot screen tool? I should still have the tool if that is required.

Is there an easier way to return boot screen back to kon/min default screen without using a special tool, etc? Maybe format HDD?

Thanks for the help

Turn Power Off inside front door Press and Hold Yellow Reset Button & Keep Held Down while turning power back on until a black dot appears in the top right of the control panel display then release. On the next screen you have the option to delete the previous owners boot screen logo.

copyman
02-15-2022, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=copier tech;2100328]
Turn Power Off inside front door Press and Hold Yellow Reset Button & Keep Held Down while turning power back on until a black dot appears in the top right of the control panel display then release. On the next screen you have the option to delete the previous owners boot screen logo.

Thanks for the info. Just to be clear it didn't show "delete previous", you simply touch "boot screen" tab and you will see it change. Turn machine off and on and will be set back to factory boot up screen. Never doing it before I pressed the "orange" start button & trouble reset but don't think you have to do that.

copier tech
02-16-2022, 06:33 AM
[QUOTE=copier tech;2100328]

Thanks for the info. Just to be clear it didn't show "delete previous", you simply touch "boot screen" tab and you will see it change. Turn machine off and on and will be set back to factory boot up screen. Never doing it before I pressed the "orange" start button & trouble reset but don't think you have to do that.

The trouble reset option is to clear various errors once you have resolved the cause, fuser overheat, trapped paper behind the paper try etc.

copyman
02-16-2022, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=copyman;2100926]

The trouble reset option is to clear various errors once you have resolved the cause, fuser overheat, trapped paper behind the paper try etc.

Yes. I know but it was weird that nothing happen when I highlighted "boot screen" so I pressed the orange print and trouble reset. Ha-ha I usually don't start pushing buttons but knew it wouldn't hurt anything. Now I know to just highlight the tab then turn off and on main switch.

Custom Search