PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub 4052 - IU (Imaging Unit) Void Lines

Custom Search

Gino_21665
02-15-2022, 07:12 AM
Hi guys,

I have a few Bizhub 4052 printers at a client site, i so far have 3 of them at very low mileage like 15k total prints on the engine and I'm experiencing Void lines on the prints.

Yield for this IU is supposed to be 60K ...

I remember this was an issue on the Lexmark version as well...

Does anyone have a solid fix for this issue or is it just a defective IU ?

Please advise, thanking you in advance !

elmaligno
02-15-2022, 12:47 PM
Hi guys,

I have a few Bizhub 4052 printers at a client site, i so far have 3 of them at very low mileage like 15k total prints on the engine and I'm experiencing Void lines on the prints.

Yield for this IU is supposed to be 60K ...

I remember this was an issue on the Lexmark version as well...

Does anyone have a solid fix for this issue or is it just a defective IU ?

Please advise, thanking you in advance !

Hello, it is a fault of Lexmark drums, they commented some countermeasures but they don't work. you have to change the drum. I have changed dozens, mostly on the earlier models, 4020, etc.

Gino_21665
02-15-2022, 01:25 PM
Hello, it is a fault of Lexmark drums, they commented some countermeasures but they don't work. you have to change the drum. I have changed dozens, mostly on the earlier models, 4020, etc.

Thanks elmaligno, yes when working on the Lexmarks prior i had also replaced many of them ... i was hoping there was maybe a fix for the KM ver...

Thanks however :)

blackcat4866
02-15-2022, 02:20 PM
Another thing to watch for on Lexmarks: Since they are mostly mono-component developing, the developing units tend to get contaminated with paper dust, and other stuff that does not produce an image when developing. Other than replacing the affected developing unit ... not much that you can do. =^..^=

Toxic
02-15-2022, 03:23 PM
All these Lexmarks have this problem.
Luckily for me i have seen this only few times.
I still have about 20 4020 in the field and when replacing IU i store old one and if have problem like this replace only developing unit from used one IU.
Here is bulletin about this for older series

Hansoon
02-15-2022, 05:54 PM
Its a less than 10 minutes job to clean the developer roller doctor blade from the debris causing this. Not nice but very easy doable. Just remove two screws and you can pop out the "hopper". Than remove four screws to lift up that metal blade to clean the front edge and everything will be fine until the next time..... :cool:

Hans

Custom Search