PDA

View Full Version : Whistling Noice Fusing Unit 4- and 8-Series

Custom Search

CP-1015
02-18-2022, 10:20 AM
Is there any solutions for whistling noice from fusing unit 4- and 8-Series?
Thanks advanced!

copyman
02-18-2022, 11:50 AM
Is there any solutions for whistling noice from fusing unit 4- and 8-Series?
Thanks advanced!

If noise is happening when sitting idle it's the "small" bearings in the fuser unit. There are 4 "small" bearings in fuser unit, 2 for lower roller and 2 for orange sponge roller inside belt. They are sealed bearings and when they start to make noise they need to be replaced. You can lube but noise will come back.

CP-1015
02-18-2022, 01:44 PM
If noise is happening when sitting idle it's the "small" bearings in the fuser unit. There are 4 "small" bearings in fuser unit, 2 for lower roller and 2 for orange sponge roller inside belt. They are sealed bearings and when they start to make noise they need to be replaced. You can lube but noise will come back.

Thank you very much! Do you know any supplier for the bearings?

copyman
02-19-2022, 04:42 AM
Thank you very much! Do you know any supplier for the bearings?

Copylite products:

Copylite - Aftermarket, Compatible, and OEM Copier Supplies and Products (https://www.copylite.com/Catalog/DrillDown?category=84&categoryName=Bearings%20/%20Bushings&mfg=Konica%20Minolta&model=bizhub%20c284e&searchResult=true)

The fuser has to be disassembled to install bearings. You can do one bearing a time without removing the rollers.

First time doing it may seem difficult but just lay everything in order as it's removed and reverse order to put back together.

CP-1015
02-19-2022, 08:52 AM
Copylite products:

Copylite - Aftermarket, Compatible, and OEM Copier Supplies and Products (https://www.copylite.com/Catalog/DrillDown?category=84&categoryName=Bearings%20/%20Bushings&mfg=Konica%20Minolta&model=bizhub%20c284e&searchResult=true)

The fuser has to be disassembled to install bearings. You can do one bearing a time without removing the rollers.

First time doing it may seem difficult but just lay everything in order as it's removed and reverse order to put back together.

Thank you very much! I swapped already a fuser belt.

copyman
02-19-2022, 01:22 PM
Thank you very much! I swapped already a fuser belt.

If you did belt already then this will seem easy!

CP-1015
03-02-2022, 10:58 AM
One bearing was stiff. Swapped both and band.
But the old mistake remained: a rattling noise and a small spring hanging loose. (It wasn't the fuser with the whistling noise). Does anyone know the cause? Thanks advanced.

copyman
03-02-2022, 01:35 PM
But the old mistake remained: a rattling noise and a small spring hanging loose. (It wasn't the fuser with the whistling noise). Does anyone know the cause? Thanks advanced.

Again if only happening when sitting idle then it has to be something with the fuser unit as that is only thing that moves when sitting idle. Your post states you replaced 2 bearings, actually there are 4 small bearings in that fuser unit. Also think a fan runs for awhile after last page exits copier.

If a spring is hanging loose then I would look at that causing the noise. Can you send picture of where this spring is or do you have another machine to see where that spring is suppose to be and perhaps swap fuser units to see if noise goes away?

CP-1015
03-02-2022, 02:31 PM
Again if only happening when sitting idle then it has to be something with the fuser unit as that is only thing that moves when sitting idle. Your post states you replaced 2 bearings, actually there are 4 small bearings in that fuser unit. Also think a fan runs for awhile after last page exits copier.

If a spring is hanging loose then I would look at that causing the noise. Can you send picture of where this spring is or do you have another machine to see where that spring is suppose to be and perhaps swap fuser units to see if noise goes away?

I tested the fuser in another machine: noice walks with fuser. Yes, I have only swaped two small bearings because the others are ok. The small springs were to long. After swapping no longer hanging loose. But the noice is there still opening front door. Since issue with spring is solved, print quality is perfect.

tsbservice
03-02-2022, 02:35 PM
Can you upload somewhere the noise and post here link?

CP-1015
03-02-2022, 04:07 PM
Can you upload somewhere the noise and post here link?

I'll try, tomorrow.

CP-1015
03-03-2022, 11:50 AM
Is it possible to load a file 001.3ga here up? I swaped the other small bearings, too. But they are ok. It sounds like sparks. And now there is error C5501.

copyman
03-04-2022, 12:18 AM
I tested the fuser in another machine: noice walks with fuser. Yes, I have only swaped two small bearings because the others are ok. The small springs were to long. After swapping no longer hanging loose. But the noice is there still opening front door. Since issue with spring is solved, print quality is perfect.

Good that you know it's the fuser for sure.

If the noise "walks" with fuser and makes the noise in another machine than you need to replace the other 2 bearings even if you think they are ok. Or perhaps the ones you put in there were bad if not new?

The bearings are only thing I've had to replace for noise in that fuser and I've done many just replacing bearings! Of course I replace all 4 bearings automatically when I rebuild the fuser units using aftermarket belt & pressure roller

CP-1015
03-04-2022, 01:27 PM
Good that you know it's the fuser for sure.

If the noise "walks" with fuser and makes the noise in another machine than you need to replace the other 2 bearings even if you think they are ok. Or perhaps the ones you put in there were bad if not new?

The bearings are only thing I've had to replace for noise in that fuser and I've done many just replacing bearings! Of course I replace all 4 bearings automatically when I rebuild the fuser units using aftermarket belt & pressure roller

In desperation, I also swapped the other two small bearings. I only use new ball bearings. Unfortunately I cannot upload a sound file.

tsbservice
03-04-2022, 02:17 PM
In desperation, I also swapped the other two small bearings. I only use new ball bearings. Unfortunately I cannot upload a sound file.
You cannot here but can upload it somewhere and post a link.

Synthohol
03-04-2022, 09:21 PM
Or put a .zip at the end of the file name and we can remove the .zip to open it :)

tsbservice
03-04-2022, 09:42 PM
Or put a .zip at the end of the file name and we can remove the .zip to open it :)
Lol..

CP-1015
03-05-2022, 07:47 AM
Now, I attached as zip. It's a 3ga file. Thanks!

Synthohol
03-05-2022, 01:40 PM
yup, bearings are croaking, sometimes you can oil them when its nice and hot so the oil flows into the bearings or just replace the fuser, its not long for this world.

tsbservice
03-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately sometimes is too late to replace bearings when shaft axes are worn.

copyman
03-05-2022, 02:21 PM
You posted that you already replaced the fuser belt. Was it making noise before you replaced belt? If not it may of been something put back in wrong. When replacing the belt that fuser has to be almost completely disassembled and maybe something was put back in wrong?

At this point it may be worth just getting a new or used fuser and be done with it. Keep the fuser with noise for parts.

CP-1015
03-06-2022, 07:49 AM
Shaft axis are ok. May be noice comes from new bearings. In Europe I found only52399

copyman
03-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Shaft axis are ok. May be noice comes from new bearings. In Europe I found only52399

They look like correct bearings. It's possible one could be dry from factory? Even with that if you lube the bearings noise should go away, even if temporarily.

CP-1015
03-07-2022, 06:27 AM
Ok, I'll test it. I'm not shure if the "waistband" making the noice.

ezzysi
03-10-2022, 08:49 AM
FYI for anyone rebuilding these, you can order bearings straight from Konica on your normal parts order.

P/N is A00V240600 (Cheaper than most aftermarket suppliers too)

Or if your a Ricoh dealer use 0742-3808 (Twice the price though from Ricoh!)

tsbservice
03-10-2022, 05:20 PM
FYI for anyone rebuilding these, you can order bearings straight from Konica on your normal parts order.

P/N is A00V240600 (Cheaper than most aftermarket suppliers too)

Or if your a Ricoh dealer use 0742-3808 (Twice the price though from Ricoh!)
Good info Thank you.

CP-1015
03-14-2022, 11:29 AM
Can the optocoupler be defective and keep opening and closing?

CP-1015
03-21-2022, 11:24 AM
I made a fool of myself with the heater: C-5501 came from a bent pin (black cable with bridge) and the noise from an incorrectly installed socket on a large ball bearing...

Custom Search