PDA

View Full Version : Dirty line on page edge C224e

Custom Search

stefankent
02-18-2022, 11:48 PM
Hey guys, looking for a little help or advice.. it’s always one problem after the other it seems

I have a C224e 200k prints on it ‘allegedly’
I have just replaced a magenta developer that looks to have gone bad all of a sudden

but now i have some dirty looking lines on paper running through at a landscape orientation
On the short edge

i noticed it when doing stabilisation and gradation tests

i could see the line on the transfer belt so I change the transfer belt unit and it’s still the same

hopefully you can see the lines on the paper edge in the images, it’s speckled, multicoloured and feels rough like it’s sitting above the paper not fused

hope this all makes sense

blackcat4866
02-18-2022, 11:59 PM
Yes, the magenta developer is bad again. Are you using knockoff toner? How many copies on the magenta drum?

Try printing these images:

stefankent
02-19-2022, 12:32 AM
Sorry maybe I wasn’t clear
ive changed the developer and it’s working fine

the problem is now the page edge has the line in the photos attached
and can be seen here on the image transfer belt

do you know the cause of this?

slytukana
02-19-2022, 12:36 AM
Its the charge not enough of the developer unit. contact at the back the once developer unit contact on. You have to remove the main drive unit in order to do that dust and corrosion affecting charge to leak

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

slytukana
02-19-2022, 12:38 AM
Transfer belt needed replacement

stefankent
02-19-2022, 12:48 AM
Transfer belt needed replacement

ok thanks but I have changed the transfer belt and it’s still the same?

Synthohol
02-19-2022, 12:53 AM
There is something stuck under the cleaning blade of the belt.
that streak is where the IDC sensors judge density but the patches are not getting clean.
thats what it looks to me.

stefankent
02-19-2022, 12:59 AM
There is something stuck under the cleaning blade of the belt.
that streak is where the IDC sensors judge density but the patches are not getting clean.
thats what it looks to me.

Ok I’ll try to clean the blade where can I find the IDC sensor to clean those too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

femaster
02-19-2022, 01:52 AM
Check the drums and see if you have a similar band around any of them. Also, anything on the transfer roller in that area? When doing a singled sided print/copy, is there anything on the back side of paper?

copier addict
02-19-2022, 03:48 AM
Remove the magenta drum, disassemble and clean the grid and needle.

L0rdC
02-21-2022, 09:39 AM
multiple colors on that line, I doubt it's from a single drum, the transfer belt cleaning blade is not working, have you replaced just the belt or the entire unit? I have had a similar line recently, changing only the cleaning blade corrected it, but in my case the line was brown/black because the printer almost always prints in black

Gift
02-21-2022, 10:39 AM
+1 for the drum, you can swap it with another color to see if the dirty line changes the color.

Hansoon
02-23-2022, 10:57 AM
Had today a BH-C-284e exactly like that. One of the disintegrated seals from the corona grid was captured under the TB cleaning blade. Hard to understand how it came there and didn't fall off earlier.

Hans

iraklis7302
02-23-2022, 08:04 PM
Its the charge not enough of the developer unit. contact at the back the once developer unit contact on. You have to remove the main drive unit in order to do that dust and corrosion affecting charge to leak

hello sir

could you please explain with more details your quote?thank you

Custom Search