PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 283: confusing (to me) consumable report

Custom Search

zodiaco
02-21-2022, 10:59 PM
Hi all,
when I check the consumable status on my 283 (97k printed since new), I get the report attached to this post.
I am confused - what do i have to replace? The machine doesn't prompt me to do anything and the print quality is as good as on day 1.
I had a tech service the machins back in 2019 (new toner), but the machine stood still since (due to pandemic), and the company that used to service my machines (a c224e and the 283) went out of business in July 2021.
I called another local KM service company and was told that the machine is "too old" to be serviced (??). I love the 283 and it is working just fine.
I am tech savvy and would not shy away from replacing a drum or developer unit myself, if needed.
I appreciate your help.
Tnank you! Darius52220

Toxic
02-21-2022, 11:29 PM
Drum and developer are near life end , you can replace it and that will be good.
In practice drum and developer could work much over estimated life but in this case if it is really last from 2010 you should replace and give it nice clean of developing unit and filter.
With OEM drum you will get paper dust remover and filter also in the box.

Just today i done this job on 223, i have few of them still in the field with 400-500k and not much troubles.

mascan42
02-22-2022, 12:04 AM
Just to clarify, the developer in this model doesn't come in a pre-filled developing unit. Either the old one needs to be emptied and refilled, or a new unit can be ordered along with developer to put in it.
If you're doing it yourself, I wouldn't recommend dumping and refilling the old unit, as this can be extremely messy if you're not used to it.
BTW, KM does still service these machines - not considered obsolete until the end of the year.

copier addict
02-22-2022, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't do anything if you are still getting good quality prints and copies. One of the weak spots on this model range is the developer spacer rollers. They can wear and cause drum failure. KonMin makes replacement rollers that are much better. I don't know the part number, but any KonMin dealer should be able to order them if you need them

Synthohol
02-22-2022, 03:47 AM
on that series i just want to point out if you replace developer you MUST change the drum at the same time.

rrrohan
02-22-2022, 07:05 AM
id also check the fuser condition as the fingers used to love to cut into fuser rollers

kingarthur
02-22-2022, 08:26 AM
Hi all,
when I check the consumable status on my 283 (97k printed since new), I get the report attached to this post.
I am confused - what do i have to replace? The machine doesn't prompt me to do anything and the print quality is as good as on day 1.
I had a tech service the machins back in 2019 (new toner), but the machine stood still since (due to pandemic), and the company that used to service my machines (a c224e and the 283) went out of business in July 2021.
I called another local KM service company and was told that the machine is "too old" to be serviced (??). I love the 283 and it is working just fine.
I am tech savvy and would not shy away from replacing a drum or developer unit myself, if needed.
I appreciate your help.
Tnank you! Darius52220

If the quality is good...then leave well alone, though I'd make sure that your machine is set to "non stop" for the consumables (Dr & DV) otherwise the machine will stop and you'll need to replace the parts.

copyman
02-22-2022, 12:55 PM
If the quality is good...then leave well alone, though I'd make sure that your machine is set to "non stop" for the consumables (Dr & DV) otherwise the machine will stop and you'll need to replace the parts.

Agree to leave it alone. I've had this series machines get 2 lives out of the drum & developer. The other life items like filters, etc can just be reset.

srvctec
02-22-2022, 07:33 PM
on that series i just want to point out if you replace developer you MUST change the drum at the same time.

Actually, you don't have to on this series. They work fine if the drum isn't replaced at the same time. It's the prior 3 series (362, 350, 3510 series) that if you didn't replace the drum at the same time, you would get code C2557 (I think) and you could fool the machine into being OK if you could change the ATDC value until the code would stop.

With the 283 series, KM completely changed the sensor in the developing unit to a TCR assy that doesn't have direct contact with the developer like the previous models' ATDC sensor did, which is why the drum can be swapped out with a good used or new one at any time in the PM cycle without detrimental results.

Toxic
02-22-2022, 08:18 PM
Agreed, many times if i see drum look good and print is ok i just reset counters for drum and developer and machine continue to work without problem for one more cycle.
But when you mention 362,420... i had few times tcr error even i replaced drum and developer together and done everything by the book.

srvctec
02-22-2022, 09:05 PM
Agreed, many times if i see drum look good and print is ok i just reset counters for drum and developer and machine continue to work without problem for one more cycle.
But when you mention 362,420... i had few times tcr error even i replaced drum and developer together and done everything by the book.

Oh yeah, forgot about those fun times. Do everything correctly for PM and then get the code, made it interesting to say the least at PM time. I got to where I could pretty much keep it from happening but every once in a while, the copier demons would rear their ugly heads.

Synthohol
02-22-2022, 09:57 PM
some guys have all the luck ;)
i got tired of 2557s and every 3rd DV change got a new unit as well.

REGSIS
02-23-2022, 07:40 AM

If you do that machine will do the TCR measuring, which will probably results in a grey background.

Instead, upload FW G00-D6 and set the switches:

SW 55, HEX=0C
SW 51, HEX=F0
SW 59, HEX=01

After that go to Enhanced security mode, select Engine FW DipSW , turn ON number 14.
Also set near life warning to OFFif you haven't already.
Exit service mode.

Turn OFF/ON main switch.

On consumables life screen a drum, developer, and developing unit bars will fill up to 9 boxes, and will stay there, 10th will never be filled and consumables will not stop. No warnings will be shown.
Paper dust remover, transfer roller etc should be reset manualy ei these settings don't affect them.

tsbservice
02-23-2022, 08:05 AM
If you do that machine will do the TCR measuring, which will probably results in a grey background.

Instead, upload FW G00-D6 and set the switches:

SW 55, HEX=0C
SW 51, HEX=F0
SW 59, HEX=01

After that go to Enhanced security mode, select Engine FW DipSW , turn ON number 14.
Also set near life warning to OFFif you haven't already.
Exit service mode.

Turn OFF/ON main switch.

On consumables life screen a drum, developer, and developing unit bars will fill up to 9 boxes, and will stay there, 10th will never be filled and consumables will not stop. No warnings will be shown.
Paper dust remover, transfer roller etc should be reset manualy ei these settings don't affect them.

TCR sensor adjustment won't be executed(initialized) unless you don't start it with correct procedure ;)

Toxic
02-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Exactly, TCR adjust is another step besides clearing dv and dr counter and never run that if dv is not replaced.

Custom Search