PDA

View Full Version : Pixalation and noise when printing scanned document in KM Bizhub 283

Custom Search

Smartyalex
02-23-2022, 10:05 AM
Good day!
Recently we noticed strange situation when printing scanned document in KM Bizhub 283. You can see it in the attachment.

2022-02-23 15_30_55-Mail.png - Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gB-MlSSImZ0k57Kp0jY-kRWATDUr84Ci/view?usp=sharing)

The scan was completely good and there is no such problem on the PDF file. Interesting that the printing directly from scanner do not have these problems too. Because of that i assume that there is no hardware problem.
This printer was set for network use. I used Universl printer driver PCL6 or PistScript version 3.9, as well as 3.8
Woud you suggest what else i can check please?

blackcat4866
02-23-2022, 03:06 PM
I think you'll find that that if you blow up that part of the image 1600% on your monitor, that there are small anomalies. The printing only emphasizes them. If you make multiple prints the defect will remain in exactly the same place.

You've started down the right path trying different print drivers. You can also try different print resolution or other print driver settings. I think you'll find that the PCL driver has a lot more adjustment than the PostScript driver. If you're using this same machine to do the scanning, you can try different scan settings ... specifically background ... to get rid of that defect.

=^..^=

Smartyalex
02-25-2022, 09:04 AM
After I played with PCL driver print settings, the issue decreased a very little bit, but still noticeable.
These settings in Quality tab helped: "Print with black Text/Figure"; "Quality Adjustment -> Detail -> Text"
I also tried to increase the scan resolution to the maximum, however without result.

I think you'll find that that if you blow up that part of the image 1600% on your monitor, that there are small anomalies.
Interesting that that if i print directly from scanner to printer, there is no such issue at all. Does it mean that there might be different logic in printing?

Thank you for helping!

Gift
02-25-2022, 09:52 AM
Those are simple compression artefacts because there's image background in the scan - depending on the monitors calibration you might not notice it on the computer but it's definetly in the pdf file, too.
Try and clean the scanner and/or tweak the default settings to get rid of it.

blackcat4866
02-25-2022, 02:56 PM
Have you tried adjusting the scan background yet? See attached:

Smartyalex
02-28-2022, 09:14 AM
Have you tried adjusting the scan background yet? See attached:
Thank you for pointing me out. These settings helped :)
I changed the background removal to the very light and sharpness to the very sharp during scan.
Do i understand correctly that i cannot save these settings in the User Box? Each time i use User box, i have to do that. Or is there a way to do this? Unfortunately didn't find in the administrator settings and user settings.

Thank you!

blackcat4866
02-28-2022, 03:20 PM
To store the scan settings you desire, set up whatever scan settings you'd like as default. Then you have about 1 minute to browse to this menu before it resets:

Utility > User Settings > Scan/Fax Settings > Default Scan/Fax Settings > Current Settings > OK

This information is available in your users manual. =^..^=

Smartyalex
03-14-2022, 04:56 AM
Thank you very much for great help friends!
We were able to setup the printer

Custom Search