PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta bizhub 550i scanner problem

Custom Search

brent
02-24-2022, 07:21 PM
well its a pretty good problem actually the mirror assembly fell off during transport. and I know I have my work cut out for me I will try to post a picture. but is there a way to buy the mirror assy and install it? I am a dealer and I have had a 658e that the scanner cable came off and it was a nightmare.. but in this situation the cables are not sprung off.. just a mirror fell off the frame. any thoughts? Iknow I can probably purchase a scanner assy but I don't even see
a part number in the service book. thank for any thoughts on this also Iwasnt able to upload any pics.. I cant see where the picture is to even upload on computer ugh oh well it is the mirror assy that has the 2 mirrors not the scanner itself

brent

srvctec
02-24-2022, 07:46 PM
well its a pretty good problem actually the mirror assembly fell off during transport. and I know I have my work cut out for me I will try to post a picture. but is there a way to buy the mirror assy and install it? I am a dealer and I have had a 658e that the scanner cable came off and it was a nightmare.. but in this situation the cables are not sprung off.. just a mirror fell off the frame. any thoughts? Iknow I can probably purchase a scanner assy but I don't even see
a part number in the service book. thank for any thoughts on this also Iwasnt able to upload any pics.. I cant see where the picture is to even upload on computer ugh oh well it is the mirror assy that has the 2 mirrors not the scanner itself

brent

If a mirror just fell off, can't you just put it and any missing spring clips back to hold it in place? You didn't say anything broke.

tsbservice
02-24-2022, 08:30 PM
You can purchase broken mirrors or missing parts, i.e plate springs etc. Just look in parts manual under Scanner Section.

brent
02-24-2022, 09:02 PM
yea sorry about that. it was a brand new machine came broken.. I see no cliips in the scanner bed.. but I am going to look into it more carefullyl tomorrow that would be great if I could just reattatch.. I am just leary but what do I have to lose thank you

brent

brent
02-24-2022, 09:04 PM
You can purchase broken mirrors or missing parts, i.e plate springs etc. Just look in parts manual under Scanner Section.

yes I have the manual open just was thinking it was going to be a hard issue to fix may be not.. I will get more info tomorrow when I get back to the machine

thank you!

blackcat4866
02-24-2022, 10:22 PM
It's not the first time that I've dislodged a mirror clip, or reinstalled a mirror. On a couple of Mitas the mirrors would haze so badly we'd have to remove & clean mirrors with trichlorethylene.

As long as the mirrors aren't scratched or damaged, and you have all the mirror clips, it's not a big deal to re-insert the mirrors. Most likely, the light source #2 holder is not bent if they just shook loose in shipping. You shouldn't have to do any focus adjustments. Remember these are front surface mirrors. You'll get a shadow images if the rear surface is presented.

Give it a shot. As hard to come by as machines are, you probably do not want to warranty it.
=^..^=

Woxner
02-25-2022, 02:24 AM
Why dont you get km to replace the machine
Its new . Warranty it

rrrohan
02-25-2022, 03:45 AM
im not surprised mirror came off/ we have had 4 i series copiers all heavily damaged in transport in past 12 months to point machines were written off.

brent
02-25-2022, 06:21 PM
well I am a dealer and you may or may not know that machines are 8 months backordered.. so I ordered 3 from a jobber. so I need to just fix it
and I cant warranty it. I did have a c300i come in last may that was broken to hell.. its just rough right now so fixing them is the only solution
hopefully it gets better

brent
02-25-2022, 06:22 PM
im not surprised mirror came off/ we have had 4 i series copiers all heavily damaged in transport in past 12 months to point machines were written off.
yep t hey had some rough times last may june july on sea. so many machines came in broken I had to use warranty extensivly

tsbservice
02-25-2022, 06:25 PM
well I am a dealer and you may or may not know that machines are 8 months backordered.. so I ordered 3 from a jobber. so I need to just fix it
and I cant warranty it. I did have a c300i come in last may that was broken to hell.. its just rough right now so fixing them is the only solution
hopefully it gets better

Sad situation but it's what it is at the moment. Good luck Brent and let us know.

rrrohan
02-26-2022, 01:39 AM
Im waiting for scanner mirror fault so i can justify ordering the scanner jig tool lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Synthohol
02-26-2022, 04:16 AM
here on the other side of the great pond, the scanner tool is not available to us peasants, it can only be used by/with a DSM and has to be signed out of headquarters.
at least it was before covid.

brent
02-28-2022, 07:45 PM
Sad situation but it's what it is at the moment. Good luck Brent and let us know. ok well we were able to put the mirror back installed. but now the copies are really bad.. lol my luck so I will try to upload a photo to show.. prints are fine copies from doc feeder are a llittle distorted on the rear of the copy.. so I am not sure what I have got at this point.

blackcat4866
02-28-2022, 09:02 PM
I'll be curious to see your scans. Include something like this:

Gift
03-01-2022, 07:17 AM
I'd expect the entire unit has been tipped over in it's original packaging so be prepared for more problems.
Usually I'd recommend returning it but in the current situation there's pobably no quick replacement available.

Try and solve the mirror 3d puzzle, do a proper inspection and report the issue and your findings to KM just in case some trouble occure delayed.

kingarthur
03-01-2022, 08:26 AM
ok well we were able to put the mirror back installed. but now the copies are really bad.. lol my luck so I will try to upload a photo to show.. prints are fine copies from doc feeder are a llittle distorted on the rear of the copy.. so I am not sure what I have got at this point.

I know this will sound like a stupid question...but have you got the mirror the right way round :)

Gift
03-01-2022, 08:53 AM
I know this will sound like a stupid question...but have you got the mirror the right way round :)

If the mirrors are correct in place there's a chance that something is bent

brent
03-01-2022, 05:14 PM
lol yes I think something else is going on.

brent
03-01-2022, 05:21 PM
I'd expect the entire unit has been tipped over in it's original packaging so be prepared for more problems.
Usually I'd recommend returning it but in the current situation there's pobably no quick replacement available.

Try and solve the mirror 3d puzzle, do a proper inspection and report the issue and your findings to KM just in case some trouble occure delayed.

it was not bought from kmbs it was part of a 2 machine deal I purchased from a dealer. they are working with claims.. so hopefully all will be well

brent

tsbservice
03-01-2022, 06:13 PM
Find working machine take a lot of pictures and compare with your project :)

Custom Search