PDA

View Full Version : 224e with error c2564 (tcr 0.0%)

Custom Search

sanvicente
02-25-2022, 12:58 AM
Hi,

I am dealing with a bizhub 224e showing c2564 over and over.

It has 170k. Started to print with lower density. Another tech went and saw the drum with a scratch and low developer so he assume the drum was the cause. He came back day later with dv512k and dr512k, both oem and new, that works for a couple of days an then came the same problem. Then came back with the hoper section and toner but the machine start to show the c2564 code and 0.0% tcr ratio. Manual add toner wont change a bit that tcr ratio.

Now the machine is in the shop and I have to deal with it.

allready swap another hoper, the FRB, dv unit and dr unit. All this taken of a working machine.

changed new chips for Dv and Dr units with out succes. uploaded firmware also with out succes.

machine starts, do the warming and then came with the code. If I run the reset some times I can even print the counter or the test and then get the code. Besides the light grey color the test and counters looks great.

With costumer the machine was on oem toner, the second toner was katun (due the lack of oem). This katun is almost full so I dont think is toner problem.

Searched in the forum and only two treads with this code, but not the same issue. Searched also for 0.0 tcr on the forum but after several read I dont see any tread that could help (maybe because I was all day with the same machine)

Only step I have not performed as stated on the manual is PRCB. Does any one of you guys has ever come with something like this?

thanks in advance

copyman
02-25-2022, 02:18 AM
Weird replacing the drum & dev didn't solve the issue. That's all you usually need to do.

Keep in mind ANY over life consumable can affect ANY other color.

What are the other drum life counters? Other dev units & level history in state confirm?

Not sure if your post said you tried swapping HVPS but would look there as well.

Doubt it's the PRCB. Like when you call hotline they always blame the main board but rarely is bad!

Good luck and let us know what it was.

Woxner
02-25-2022, 02:19 AM
Does it look like its pulled dev. These can pull dev in 20 seconds. Could be bad hv if so. Chk the little holes in the back where dev plugs in. If clogged it can pull dev

sanvicente
02-25-2022, 04:19 PM
Weird replacing the drum & dev didn't solve the issue. That's all you usually need to do.

What are the other drum life counters? Other dev units & level history in state confirm?

Not sure if your post said you tried swapping HVPS but would look there as well.

Doubt it's the PRCB. Like when you call hotline they always blame the main board but rarely is bad!

Good luck and let us know what it was.

Yes! Changing dev and drum and uploading firmware usualy do the trick. Its weird specially because the low meter.

this is a b/w machine so no other counters. I also reset counter for fuser and transfer with the same result.

Im going to swap HVPS on monday.

Woxner
Re: 224e with error c2564 (tcr 0.0%)
Does it look like its pulled dev. These can pull dev in 20 seconds. Could be bad hv if so. Chk the little holes in the back where dev plugs in. If clogged it can pull dev

ok I will also tray that on monday. But I guess that in the 3 devs unit I tried at least one should show me a 0.01% or any other fraction number. Not the plain 0.0%. Thats why confuses me. like its not reading the dev at all but if I look at the dev life shows 100%. Thats why in the begining swaped the FRB

i will keep you informed on monday…. Thanks

tsbservice
02-25-2022, 06:03 PM
Hi,

It has 170k. Started to print with lower density. Another tech went and saw the drum with a scratch and low developer so he assume the drum was the cause. He came back day later with dv512k and dr512k, both oem and new, that works for a couple of days an then came the same problem. Then came back with the hoper section and toner but the machine start to show the c2564 code and 0.0% tcr ratio. Manual add toner wont change a bit that tcr ratio.

Now the machine is in the shop and I have to deal with it.

allready swap another hoper, the FRB, dv unit and dr unit. All this taken of a working machine.

changed new chips for Dv and Dr units with out succes. uploaded firmware also with out succes.

machine starts, do the warming and then came with the code. If I run the reset some times I can even print the counter or the test and then get the code. Besides the light grey color the test and counters looks great.

With costumer the machine was on oem toner, the second toner was katun (due the lack of oem). This katun is almost full so I dont think is toner problem.

Searched in the forum and only two treads with this code, but not the same issue. Searched also for 0.0 tcr on the forum but after several read I dont see any tread that could help (maybe because I was all day with the same machine)

Only step I have not performed as stated on the manual is PRCB. Does any one of you guys has ever come with something like this?

thanks in advance

For some reason machine is not reading correct TCR level. New dev unit and another FSB leave only bad PRCB I would think.

Hansoon
02-26-2022, 06:50 AM

And with the BH-C-284e/364e series "over life" is defined as what?
Resetting once developing units and resetting once drum units is already causing over life trouble?

Not knowing this scares the crap out of me because we have to do that from time to time for cost cutting reasons.

Hans

drowranger
02-26-2022, 08:37 AM
Hi . I would check if toner is transporting to the dev first. There is a common issue with 4 series with white bushing on the hopper gets contaminated and toner does not flow to the dev unit.
Please reefer to this post for more info and order the part if required.

C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/94088-c224e-c284e-c364e-c454e-c545e-cyan-dev-unit-problems.html)

Good luck!!

CP-1015
02-26-2022, 08:46 AM
And with the BH-C-284e/364e series "over life" is defined as what?
Resetting once developing units and resetting once drum units is already causing over life trouble?

Not knowing this scares the crap out of me because we have to do that from time to time for cost cutting reasons.

Hans

It is cheaper to swap all drums before installing a used machine than have later trouble. You never know if any unit was swaped from another machine with much more clicks. Drums for 4 series are not expensive. Only drums - without noice - for 8 series are expensiver. I swap only drums, blades and developer - instead of the whole units, except the black developer units.

Zesti
02-26-2022, 11:24 AM
Had same kind of iisue on c454e Magenta unit, the TCR was showing 0.0% percent no matter how much toner is added. The problem was bad toner. I had in my stock an older C250 Magenta unit, used its developer to check and all was fine. If your toner feeding system is OK, I'm sure toner is the culprit.

tsbservice
02-26-2022, 04:48 PM
Had same kind of iisue on c454e Magenta unit, the TCR was showing 0.0% percent no matter how much toner is added. The problem was bad toner. I had in my stock an older C250 Magenta unit, used its developer to check and all was fine. If your toner feeding system is OK, I'm sure toner is the culprit.

Interesting I have similar issue. What was magenta CQ in your case? Mine is perfect although M TCR is 0,0% :confused:

Author, apologize for hijacking your thread.

Woxner
02-27-2022, 09:28 PM
If the cq is good try running the Is initialization and reset then ck the value. I had a 450i so this and i could not get value above 1%. Then after it went to 6.6 kust thought about this again

tsbservice
02-27-2022, 09:43 PM
If the cq is good try running the Is initialization and reset then ck the value. I had a 450i so this and i could not get value above 1%. Then after it went to 6.6 kust thought about this again
Ok thanks. Will try and report back.

REGSIS
02-28-2022, 07:04 AM

Developing & Imaging units on i series are simply bad. :(

REGSIS
02-28-2022, 07:12 AM
Hi,

thanks in advance

You are very likely dealing with a sticky solenoid which prevents developing unit to rotate.
You'll have to open PWB box to gain access to it.
Remove a sponge from solenoid and glue down a piece of cardboard to create isolation.

Sponge falls apart during time.
Counter doesn't matter in this case, time does.

Toxic
02-28-2022, 08:20 AM
I had recently same problem on C227 and customer use non OEM toner.(black)
Fortunatly it was simple diagnostic, no black coverage and grinding noise during print.
TCR black 0%
After inspection of developing unit i see damaged gear od dv unit because whole unit blocked rotation and can not turn not even by hand.
I saw case like this just one time before on C224 long time ago and that customer also use non OEM toner.
Lucky for them black developing unit is not expensive.

sanvicente
03-02-2022, 04:16 PM
So yesterday I been able to work with this machine again. I swaped the hopper section and the Hvps with out any luck.

I ordered the PRCB so now im going to wait.

Meanwhile im going to check the solenoid

You are very likely dealing with a sticky solenoid which prevents developing unit to rotate.
You'll have to open PWB box to gain access to it.
Remove a sponge from solenoid and glue down a piece of cardboard to create isolation.

Sponge falls apart during time.
Counter doesn't matter in this case, time does.

Yes this sound logic to me. Let me try it and i keep informed.

thanks guys

ezzysi
03-10-2022, 09:16 AM
Yep, we've had the solenoid issus a couple of times on 4 series. not too bad to change.

Quick and dirty check is to wipe a bit of the mag roller clean with your finger, then let the machine motorise for a few seconds, open it back up and see if the dev unit is even rotating.

tecnomarco
03-10-2022, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=sanvicente;2112221]Hi,

change motor toner i had the same problem with bizhub c554e

Zesti
03-19-2022, 09:41 AM
Interesting I have similar issue. What was magenta CQ in your case? Mine is perfect although M TCR is 0,0% :confused:

Author, apologize for hijacking your thread.
I had a c454e with me, inserted C224e M Dev unit in it and gradation pattern was not bad on 1 print it output and the TCR was 0.

Custom Search