PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 751 dumping developer

Custom Search

KonstantinB
02-28-2022, 07:32 PM
Hello , colleagues!
I am supposed to fix the "dumping dev" konica, so any help would be appreciated.
Symptoms are the following: spitting dev along sides, I opened drum-dev block, there's plenty of dev spilled just along all the mag roller. Besides, I decided to change transfer corona, cause the wires are "dead", hanging slightly. Total counter is about 850000 prints, dev was replaced as it was needed 90k ago.
I'm going to change developer and transfer corona, to prevent spilling. Then, I'm going to observe the machine working and decide if we need anything else.
Could you tell me, what adjustments should i make after?
Any suggestions to solving the problem would be kindly appreciated =)
Best regards.

Synthohol
02-28-2022, 11:44 PM
so if you coat all the covers with coconut oil it will slide into the dumpster faster ;)
check your PMs ;)

Bricorley
03-01-2022, 12:15 AM
you're going to be chasing your tail.... That is unfortunately the nature of the beast with that model. You can change and clean all you want. You will be back next month if the customer runs any kind of volume. Those units are problem childs. Just sell them a BH552 ( b/w) and get out while you can

Woxner
03-01-2022, 03:25 AM
BH 552 is not supported since 3/21 why get an old machine. get a 554e or newer

Bricorley
03-01-2022, 05:22 AM
BH 552 is not supported since 3/21 why get an old machine. get a 554e or newer

cliff notes....... "not supported" is stupid... make money boo boo

This its "its not support" b.s. is starting to annoying me... great its not supported by KM anymore.....who cares??? most people on here do not work for konica directly! i bet most on here arnt even dealer certified on most the equipment they service. We are here for 1 thing... a little info from people who have experience...not who has the most credentials. This guy asked for help... i gave my help based on info...his customer still uses a 751 which obviously means cost is the drive... the 552 was and still is a great SUPPORTED UNIT BY MANY 2ND AND 3RD PARTY MANUFACTORS FROM BOARDS TO ROLLERS. This is the time of the internet.. i can still get parts for hp 430s. The "no longer supported" is just for those who are incompetent to understand all copiers work the same and dont understand a good product or the trash they sell.. if you are a resl business money is money... i dont care... im not "konica" certified..but ive been on these units and most brands since i started in 07 and never once have i used the not supported crap..be a tech...give great HONEST service.....thank you

p.s. 21 was just 2 months ago...c'mon

copyman
03-01-2022, 01:34 PM
The 751 was a problem machine especially with dumping. Biggest problem was recycling the toner which contaminates the developer with paper dust. You should be able to find a 250k maint kit on ebay cheap. Put that in with new developer & corona wires. Do the peculiarity adjustments in order by the book and should be good to go!

I still work on the old models, not as old as the 751. Most of my 250 accounts are the older 4 series and prefer these over the new models. I think the new PCR drum units are crap! Kon min switched to the PCR drums which don't last as long as the 4 series drum. They realized the old style drums could last way beyond their rated life and not sell as many drums!

By the way I have a bunch of Biz 601 parts that I took off working machines years ago. Let me know if you need anything as these are going into dumpster soon!

KonstantinB
03-01-2022, 07:49 PM
so if you coat all the covers with coconut oil it will slide into the dumpster faster ;)
check your PMs ;)
u see mate, here, in Russia, we will use those machines forever, cause one bold little prick oiled our economy with blood and dumped it into the trash bin =(((
thx for the manual, its pretty hard to find any these days..

KonstantinB
03-01-2022, 08:31 PM
The 751 was a problem machine especially with dumping. Biggest problem was recycling the toner which contaminates the developer with paper dust. You should be able to find a 250k maint kit on ebay cheap. Put that in with new developer & corona wires. Do the peculiarity adjustments in order by the book and should be good to go!

I still work on the old models, not as old as the 751. Most of my 250 accounts are the older 4 series and prefer these over the new models. I think the new PCR drum units are crap! Kon min switched to the PCR drums which don't last as long as the 4 series drum. They realized the old style drums could last way beyond their rated life and not sell as many drums!

By the way I have a bunch of Biz 601 parts that I took off working machines years ago. Let me know if you need anything as these are going into dumpster soon!
cant thank you enough for help, colleague.
you mean drum peculiarity adjustments, 10.4.10-10.4.12, 10.4.14 and 15?
I see the only order - the way they are listed, replacement procedure in the manual offers me to only reset dev counter..
And as I can see there is no installation for the dev, am i right?
All I need now is only green lever, that lifts transfer corona assy, mine is broken,, after maybe some wild boards frm the financial dpt )))
But hold them for me for a while please, not less than 2 weeks please!)

copyman
03-02-2022, 01:44 PM
cant thank you enough for help, colleague.
you mean drum peculiarity adjustments, 10.4.10-10.4.12, 10.4.14 and 15?
I see the only order - the way they are listed, replacement procedure in the manual offers me to only reset dev counter..
And as I can see there is no installation for the dev, am i right?
All I need now is only green lever, that lifts transfer corona assy, mine is broken,, after maybe some wild boards frm the financial dpt )))
But hold them for me for a while please, not less than 2 weeks please!)

The peculiarity adjustments are in service mode under "Image process adjustment", "drum peculiarity". Page 279 in service manual. One of the adjustments is for the new developer calibration.

KonstantinB
03-02-2022, 09:28 PM
The peculiarity adjustments are in service mode under "Image process adjustment", "drum peculiarity". Page 279 in service manual. One of the adjustments is for the new developer calibration.
thanks!

KonstantinB
03-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Hello out there mates!
Have been to this KM 751. Replaced developer (cleaned the unit thouroughly with service vacuum, give some credits to 3M =))), transfer corona assembly (incl, wires grids, metal stuff, and so on). Made peculiarity adjustments, listed in SM 10.4.10, 10.4.15.
And... received a print with plenty of toner spitting dots (smooth ones) at the bottom of the print, side that is closer to the operator.
Tried 10.4.15 again with no effort, seemed like some leakage of toner.
I reinstalled the black metal cover above the cleaning assy and it worked, there was no more leakage. I made 200 copies from each of main trays and it still worked fine.
So atm copier is put to work, I will tell u about any changes. Hope there will be no more silly questions..

copyman
03-06-2022, 12:39 PM
Good to hear it's working now. The 250k maintenance kit I mentioned in prior post has new cleaning unit parts / seals in it. This helps to prevent toner from dropping onto prints.

KonstantinB
03-06-2022, 03:37 PM
Good to hear it's working now. The 250k maintenance kit I mentioned in prior post has new cleaning unit parts / seals in it. This helps to prevent toner from dropping onto prints.
Initial problem was with paper stops before the fuser, after conveyance. Machine asked to restart it, I checked the SC history and found some issues with High Voltage errors. Pickup errors were fixed by swapping feed unit from lowes A3 trays (clutches were in red corrosion dust).
Unfortunately, here in Russia, its not that easy to order those parts, cause machine is quite rearely used. Moreover, by the date the thread was created, I orded developer and transfer corona already (Corona wires looked pretty weary, thought it might cause HV errors), the price was stated to the customer. Besides the PM was performed 90k ago by some other ppl, I didnt know whether they changed anything from the PM 250k list or not, but counters were cleared. So i decided to order just definetely necessary parts.
I know its my problem - when I dont know the machine good enough I try to order just definitely necessary parts and to save custormers money. I'll try to work with it!
I really appreciate the community's help, especially yours as I see u're experienced with these machines well enough.

Custom Search